ATLAS

New World Map!

They are wiping all Servers.  The "fuck PvE" comment is aimed at them removing the NA PvE and forcing anyone who whats PvE to go to the EU Server.

• Like 2

Y'all know the Dev's are not going to read these post, or rather if they do they are not taking them into consideration. If they were there would be a way for the players that have put the time and effort into building not just their company but their players would have a way to at least keep some of the work that they have done. 

5 minutes ago, engraverwilliam said:

Come play on LostTrop server! 9x9 all quests. PVP and PVE it is great!

What's so "great" about that server?

4 minutes ago, diaz012682 said:

Y'all know the Dev's are not going to read these post, or rather if they do they are not taking them into consideration. If they were there would be a way for the players that have put the time and effort into building not just their company but their players would have a way to at least keep some of the work that they have done. 

True.  No dev of any game has ever listened to any player.  They just do what they always intended and if by some coincidence they do something that players have been asking for, they brown nose for some brownie points.

• Like 2

Super awesome community. The grids are set up in a ever increasing difficulties. The server has a vanilla feel with a few mods... the breeding is fast...that's prob the only OP item about the server. it has a pve side and a pvp side and pvp can fight anywhere on the ocean... Me and my company are enjoying the heck out of it. we ended up here two months ago when the server we where on went away. This server has been up for almost a year or more probably... its really good. Search Losttrop in the server search. There is daily voting with rewards too.

Why can't you Grapeshot folks just make a combined map that's PvP in certain zones and PvE everywhere else? Supreme Atlas does it this way, and possibly others. That way, everyone can be on the same map, but no one has to get swept into PvP unless they actually want to.

• Like 2

No no no no!!

I refuse to play PvP. And if we lose all our animals that we worked so hard to breed, I might as well uninstall the game.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The fact is they might well be mixing pvp and pve, the problem is it still means less added content if the main focus is gonna be pvp.

• Haha 1

Captain Squiggles of the reaper crew gonna keep blowing shit up on pve till i go down with my ship. Fuck dem devs boi!

Well, this was one way to get me back to the forums.  sure hope we get some more details about this new server and it's system soon.

I think they can get A LOT more people back on the bandwagon if they do these few things BEFORE they launch the server, I can personally say, for about 100 ppl that I've played with, these changes will bring them back:

1. fix speed sails ffs, they've been broken since day 1

2. add a new ship or 2

3. normalize bp drops and the crafting bonus so shit's not broken af. (i.e. if its fine, have a set percentage between 100 - 110% to drop, next tier 110-120% etc etc. if crafted with high crafting skill, you can only get it to the upper cap. Like, if bp is 107%, I can only get it to the cap of 110% if fine.)

4. make Gallys slower and have less base weight, this will force players to put some points into weight instead of all into dmg and resistance. The Gally meta sucked so bad. it wasn't fun. like driving a bus, but you had to do it.

5. Make Brigs 15% faster. Those boats are made for fasted paced pvp and have good maneuverability.

6. add a combat timer that doesn't let you enter the Freeport for 15 mins if recently pvp dmg'd. Freeport running IS A BIG ISSUE. ARK has a mod for ORP that works like this. Use it.

7. Make it so leveling up isn't so hard for new players. it's hard especially once bigger companies start settling and spamming all of the big islands. If you don't have the numbers or connections like we did, you're never going to level up, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to defend your island. Instead of having to visit every island to raise your cap, why not just big POIs, the bosses, and participating in community activities (like the pvp arena I mention below for example).

All of the points above are relatively quick implements. If you want players back, then make MEANINGFUL changes. Don't just shuffle the map and call it good, or it won't work out well.

This point is going to be an ongoing project, but it still needs to be addressed... WE NEED CONTENT. NOT GRIND. stop replacing content with grindy shit to do. It's hard enough getting all of these bps, then finding all the mats for them, especially for small tribes. It was hard for bigger tribes even. I'm saying this as someone who ran a 75 active pvp company.

add more content. make this shit less grindy. add stuff that's like in other mmos like actual dungeons, player pvp arena (even for pve), and other stuff like that. hell, even ark has cool "dungeons".

There's some much more you could add to this list, but in my opinion, this is the LEAST you can do to win back people. 

Edited by VolcanoBakemeat
  • Haha 1

IS this new Dev team gonna stick around or are they gonna bounce the moment Ark Needs a new DLC? And are they gonna be much faster at dealing with Cheaters, especially those that rely on the aimbot?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You lost people. Because of all the bugs and not finishing or  release it.  You had No Advertisement out there .  we have a great NA PVE community we enjoy the game when it works .  its not fair we work hard and had fun for u to destroy it you will be losing customersif you fix the bugs and lag leave na pve alone go change pvp best of both worlds u will get ppl back 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

Did they say when?  Timeline?

when they do, they tend to be off by a month or 3

3 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

Did they say when?  Timeline?

Julysomething for the new map.

1 hour ago, Stabby said:

I will NOT be forced into PvP! Period! And I just dropped a couple hundred hours into building a new stone base. I think I'll just go enjoy New World. Good timing on your patch.

Totally agreed , no one will force me to play pvp . "an eye towards breaking out PVE play into something else"  sounds like forcing pve players out of Atlas for me , no worries , good to know this game will be dead for pve player , won't be wasting more my time here

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had a lot of love for this game, over 2k hrs in it. But it was the chinese cheaters that ruined it all for me. Months and months of reporting them, for nothing to be happened. Then i hear a mass banned did happen, weeks after they destroyed us. Damage was done. Dev team was way too slow in dealing with these matters. So i would love to hear how this will be changed? Cuz i will not waste another minute in this game if it hasn't.

• Like 2

No no no no!!

I refuse to play PvP. And if we lose all our animals that we worked so hard to breed, I might as well uninstall the game.

Need more details! Are ALL servers getting reset? Everyone, everywhere is back to ground zero???

• Haha 1