ATLAS

New World Map!

Ahoy Pathfinders, 

:anchor: News from the Cabin :anchor:

Major news! We have been working on our plans for some time and getting ready to give all you Pathfinders the details of our new ATLAS journey. We’re growing the development team and we’ll be starting to introduce those team members to you next week!

Updates! Our first major change to the ATLAS will be a whole new World Map which is designed to intensify the fun at higher levels and make it a bit safer for lower level players. This is just the first step in the greater plan to shift gameplay from the land out on to the open seas! This new World Map drops in the first half of July for both PC and Xbox.

Another piece of ATLAS’ grander plan is to focus on PVP play with an eye towards breaking out PVE play into something else.   As part of this plan, we’ll be taking NA PVE offline and leaving the EU PVE server as the official PVE world for the time being.  

Bringing a new World Map online will require a complete reset of the system, something we don’t take lightly.  We wouldn’t do it if we didn’t feel that it was vital to the new experience we want to create for you all.

We have new goals for supporting the game and delivering regular (dare we say monthly!) content updates that will bring joy and piracy back to the open seas, with plans for Trade Winds, Farms, Warehouses, and more! Stick with us on this ride and we’ll sail the high seas together!

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

So when are we gonna get a sorry for what you did to the community? I didn’t know ARK genesis was on the ATLAS roadmap. 

Dollie, the CM manager that ignores her community, nice one. I’m very disappointed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 2

Sounds cool. Just when I'd about given up on this game. I stopped playing about three months ago.

I'll be back when this update comes out or soon after to try it out.

will be a whole new World Map

I hope size of map will be cut at least twice (so longest half atlas way would lasts for an hour)

intensify the fun at higher levels and make it a bit safer for lower level players.

Oh don't do it easy for low levels. Me and my bro keep really warm memories of our first atlas steppes when we were freezing to death in Tundra (we spent all nights in our shelter with campfire) and facing alphas around our firs village!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

Sounds cool. Just when I'd about given up on this game. I stopped playing about three months ago.

I'll be back when this update comes out or soon after to try it out.

What are you gonna try out? Nothing changed in 3 months only a clean server because it costs too much money. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The wipe doesn't bother me. A new map will be interesting. 

I am concerned by the move to sole focus on PVP. What is this 'breakaway' PVE play that's something else and requires only one server? It's crowded enough as is.... 

• Like 3

This sucks all this work for it to be wiped  why don’t keep the servers up like legacy like what’s point of playing now when all progress will be wiped people have lives you know they don’t just play atlas

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SpeedyStar said:

This sucks all this work for it to be wiped  why don’t keep the servers up like legacy like what’s point of playing now when all progress will be wiped people have lives you know they don’t just play atlas

One option is to wait until the game is finished and out of early access before playing. That way the chances of your progress being removed is severely reduced.
Unfortunately, when early access is treated as it should be, a process of change and development for a game, then such things as wipes and lost progress do happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

What are you gonna try out? Nothing changed in 3 months only a clean server because it costs too much money. 

Some of you guys should really take a long break from the game like I did. You are just as salty as when I was reading these forums about four months ago. Really, not trying to be mean, but I think a good month or two break from here would help you a lot. I too was getting saltier and saltier, a break was very nice.

As someone else said, the "New Map" is probably just the current one with many less grids, as the number they have now in no way matches the number of players on the official maps. Surprising they haven't done this sooner. Of course to reduce it, they would have to move many of the islands into the grids that are left.

At the same time, someone who is not currently playing the game and has a bit of optimism left, and not all hope sucked dry, might hope that a few new grids will be added. Possibly some from a few of the great modders out there that have created content for this game. Also a few other small changes thrown in there to make PvE and PvP work on a single map.

But to be honest, when I say try it out, I mean most likely on a private server that incorporates some of the changes. I stopped playing on the official servers over a year ago.

Edited by wildbill
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Some of you guys should really take a long break from the game like I did. You are just as salty as when I was reading these forums about four months ago. Really, not trying to be mean, but I think a good month or two break from here would help you a lot. I too was getting saltier and saltier, a break was very nice.

As someone else said, the "New Map" is probably just the current one with many less grids, as the number they have now in no way matches the number of players on the official maps. Surprising they haven't done this sooner. Of course to reduce it, they would have to move many of the islands into the grids that are left.

At the same time, someone who is not currently playing the game and has a bit of optimism left, and not all hope sucked dry, might hope that a few new grids will be added. Possibly some from a few of the great modders out there that have created content for this game. Also a few other small changes thrown in there to make PvE and PvP work on a single map.

But to be honest, when I say try it out, I mean most likely on a private server that incorporates some of the changes. I stopped playing on the official servers over a year ago.

I was never salty until I found out the devs left this game for dead to work on ARK genesis. Since then I’ve been shitting on the development of this game. 

The game is in a good state, don’t get me wrong. There aren’t that many game breaking bugs. But they have missed the jump to the boat. I’m not gonna return until I see new ships (I believe stage 2 on the roadmap). Whahah, the roadmap. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SpeedyStar said:

Yeah, this sucks. But its an early access. Not a finished game like ARK. They can do whatever they want.

• Like 1

So does this mean map wipe after they said they were not going to need to wipe again? lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I will NOT be forced into PvP! Period! And I just dropped a couple hundred hours into building a new stone base. I think I'll just go enjoy New World. Good timing on your patch.

• Like 8

i gonna tell you what gonna happen,

1. anounce new stuff

2. get some cash out of it

3. ignore the Community for month

4. Invest it on next Ark addon

and this has nothing to do with salty, time has already shown that they gave up the game after seasson 1, its just a cashcow.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

well thats gonna make alot of people quit since eu servers bouy off all the islands and make it to where you cant build there.. why not just add a 5th server, i dont play this game for the pvp... and alot of other people dont either.. pvp in this game is garbage and stressful.. time to find a new game i guess

• Like 4

Here is a question for the Dev's what are they going to do for the players that have spent months working on tame stats, gathering mats to build the higher tier ship and gear, as well as those who have worked to level their pathfinders up to do the end game quests? Why remove a server and have all those players lose everything that they have worked for is not how you build customer loyalty in fact in to how you lose customers.

Edited by diaz012682
  • Like 7

How about you wipe the PvP servers as there's no true pvp there, its almost all offline pvp griefing.  The pve servers at least have worked long and hard to build up everything they have.  If you reset everyone to level 1 on the wipe you just killed what little player base Atlas has remaining.   Heck, merge PvP and PvE into PvEvP by making "Laweless Zones" just that LAWLESS!!  PvP auto enables when you zone into one.

BuT:  if you leave player level, discoveries, achievements, and skills alone that could be viable.  And dont say you cant do it because we all know you can.  Quite a lot of players have spent an ungodly amount of time on their character...and you're plan is to wipe all that work?  export player files, import new world, import player files that have "location" modified to wherever your "starter" areas are.  Players may have to rebuild bases, reclaim islands, etc...but the bulk of their gaming effort is still intact.

A complete trashing of player loyalty again...might as well go play Oasis if we all have to start over.

Edited by Drednyte
  • Like 10

48 minutes ago, wildbill said:

People arent mad about the wipe folks are mad because they said fuck pve.

• Like 5

really tired of starting over, at least let us keep our levels, i like many other are already about to walk away from this game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zuvell said:

People arent mad about the wipe folks are mad because they said fuck pve.

Yeah am I miss reading this or is PvP not being wiped? I would have thought everything would need to be taken down for a proper rework.

🙋‍♂️ Um developer person's who may read this is there any chance we can keep our character's? A wipe never hurt a map but it does suck losing animals AND your character 😖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1