Sign in to follow this  
Sykotech

Next Wipe

Any word or guess on when the next wipe is?  Games still in 'early access' so there's going to be at least one more eventually.

I was going to say a funny about it, but really don't wanna. I feel sad. For pas half of year, there were just minor patches with few small changes each. And distance between patches rising every time. My guess was so next minor patch will happen at the end of May. But we are in June already and no sign of devs yet.

When EA released we was told that it will last for 2 years so... we have 6 months left. With current updates speed - there will be 2-3 minor patches more, and then what? Release?

I do really want this game to be THE PIRATE SANDBOX we all deserve but... well. Not sure it ever will. IMAO the best devs can do at this state is to attach this Atlas to ARK so we could stop suffering from hopes that are not destined to come true and go wait for the next pirate game.

This game is done. They will just turn the servers off at some point, or nitrado will simply reduced the capacity even more. No reason to wipe anyways, sooner or later the last people doing maintenance will simply forget once, and their stuff will be erased. 

• Like 1

The only way I would come back after a wipe now is if there is a huge turnaround in how the game is played and more content added. I've come back after the last wipes but that was because they were working on it thinking more content was coming when it wasn't.

I've moved on to other games like alot of people, if they wiped it again and just added a few cosmetic, hats etc then they won't see me back on it. I still remember the first day playing, alot of glitches and bugs but never thought it would be where it is today, I expected so much more.

Jesus christ how many times are people going to post about this?

Right after the last one they said it would probably be the last wipe.

Or before? .. Wait yeah it was before it. They did a server wide Admin comms thing.

So, there *probably* wont be another one

Edited by SeroJ

Wipes are good for the game, it brings people back and I think even established large companies enjoy rebuilding.  Leveling and getting all the discoveries again is the only real 'ugh' part, it would be nice if we could at least keep discoveries and powerstones.

Wipes stink. I have been through the last 2 and it’s bogus. The fact is that the game wipes itself as people quit works great. 

• Like 2

How unexpected. The "last" wipe wasn't the last wipe. And the roadmap wasnt the actual roadmap. And now we will get "monthly" updates. But they probably promise that THIS time they really really really mean it. Pinky promise.

Edited by Grongash
  • Like 1