Sign in to follow this  
Zuvell

Ship improvements

I would like to bring up some ideas I feel would improve the game tremendously. The first thing I'd like to bring up is ship customization. The first thing I would enjoy is the ability to overlay and replace ship parts like you can walls. What I mean by this is currently you have to demo the deck destroying all your hard work just to change your deck from common to fine. I understand leaving planks this way as upgrading the walls to the hull should be exciting. Understandably to prevent player abuse the ship should be anchored before part overlay is authorized. The next suggestion is to add viking style sails and ship customization or any additional styling for different eras of pirates. Ships could also benefit from upgrade points allowing for unique customization such as improved handling, sail points, or increased climate control. Redocking the ship for this process or overlaying parts would be a great way to implement. The other ship based idea would be a community paint customization option. This would allow you to pull up other players saved designs via the paint brush and the could set a gold value for there hard work. This in my opinion would bring your vision more to life. The last suggestion is a pve suggestion. I would like to see more npc ships possibly ai pirates and naval battles that you can join in on. Pve should be more environmentally challenging than PvP in my opinion, making the game more fun and exciting. You can reduce some ghost ship spawns to implement this. Also please add the frigate as an in between for the brig and galleon. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Edited by Zuvell
  • Like 1

They should basically just add "repair dock" and all your full repairs, redesigns, etc you can just do inside this dock (you park your ship in, make an improvement if needed, then it shows - how much resources you need to bring for repairs and changes). Then you can save your design and use it in future.

What I would also do - is to cancel planks disappearing. Even with 0hp planks are still there, with huge holes and water flood ship insides. As for repair - introduce "patches" you can apply to your ship parts and those can restore hp of parts up to 50% (a bit more if patches are better quality).

I actually would redo all ship system. I wrote the ideas here. It would dramatically reduce creativity within ship design (still there are some), but bring ships to more real state, make so ship types are matter, and it will add possibility to add different styles of ships in a game like eastern style, nordic style etc.

Edited by George Catcher