Sign in to follow this  
Jay8454

Survived 3 Blown off Panels on Schooner! (Semi Story)

Survived 3 Blown off Panels on Schooner! (Semi Story like) It did happen.

As a single-player just have a fast story and how to survive aboard ship if... The titles/subject states it
I left the edge of one map to another with my ship (schooner), to right into the middle of 4 Ships of the Damned my schooner is unarmed so I pointed for the best wind and way out kept my head (not true screamed I QUIT I QUIT!) when my schooner got free from the seeming/never/ending bombing or her tail I pointed to the nearest island in sight and went down below to find calmly (not true still yelling UNFAIR UNFAIR!) 3 ship panels have been blown off and water up to my wast I calmly went through thoughts, should I scuttle her and come back and salvage? Yes, that is what I'll do, but I have to buy more time and get closer to land. But how can I do that? OH!, my bucket it's in the smithy, I raced to the smithy to find it, my bucket was not there!
So, I had to make another one fast, but there is not enough materials SH1T! Went to the chest found paste and made the bucket in the smithy, by this time only my head was above the water I made the bucket and started bailing double left click get more water, right click trows it overboard. The water in the bilge is now swim able crap! CRAP!, land is still too far off I am miles away BAIL, BAIL,BAIL,BAIL,BAIL,BAIL,BAIL, bail ~the water is going down even though I still have 3 panels missing... keep bailing bail,bail,bail,bail,bail,bail ~the ship stopped? It did!, I am saved I made it to shore and can I anchor yes! I anchored the ship bailed more water till it was down to about an inch, then I have a bear on board took him to the nearest fiber and cut trees fast! Got back to the ship (always in sight) not much more water was in it (due to being anchored). Made 5 (2 spares) ship panels in the smithy and placed them. The water was getting up to knee high again still leaking a bit with water while the panels nit in, bailed a little and all good!  
All the water drained out and looked at the island I landed on.

Things I think helped me most putting points into sink rate/spoilage and the bucket and a way to get to the bilge easily. I ended up landing on a freeport island I found and I can only assume that the SOTD's were glitched into the server grid because it's not normal for them to be in a freeport grid.

nice one:) glad you made it! in singleplayer there are sotds ini every grid. also freeports. but you can also build and live on a freeportt if you want.

• Like 1