Sign in to follow this  
Pain pain

Leaving Atlas

I want to thank the creators for giving me a great experience filled with many ups and downs. There's so much more that can be possible in this game of neverending oceans. Unfortunately, Ive done it all and completed all the achievements only to hit that ceiling of nothingness.

So many others have left ahead of me while still encountering the griefers and minecraft builders around so many corners of the grid. The crickets sing their songs from the dev's corner and no rumors of activity spew forth for new content or QOL changes. The same old bugs and glitches run rampant and we continue to lose ships at the hands of sotd as they camp at each border crossing.

This game has now become simply a chore to which I do daily, and that is what I will simply no longer tolerate. The thrill is gone amd so are the creators. Another "almost-masterpiece" that will go quietly into the night.

Thank you Atlas, for allowing me to have some great experiences with good friends. So long atlas... So long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Many left months ago, I felt the same way  done most of it and becoming a chore which was boring.

I think at this stage even if they came back to say we are adding new features most will probably not return because they know what to expect from these devs.

I don't think I will ever be back, even with another wipe. The time has passed and I've moved on to other games like many people have. 

• Like 1

well, until ANYBODY else releases a game with water and ships that you can play alone...

i felt the same way. friends talked me into coming back. decided to just have a schooner and a bear. kinda roleplaying a sandbox experience instead of chasing goals. has been fun so far in small doses.

• Like 1

i was once hooked, back when the devs seemed to give a shit. 3000 hours of pvp mayhem. it was good while there was hope but alas.. this is my first time posting since last oasis came out. i want to give a shit. atlas has such potential with a lot going for it. it truly is a shame they dropped the ball. i still have hope someday the GS devs pull a no mans sky and end up delivering on some expectations no matter how bad they tanked it.  maybe, once theyre done with ark... maybe. 

but then again, im a pessimist. 

do what i did. try singleplayer and set off a big goal for yourself to kill kraken and complete all powerstones

im loving it. im actually today gonna try and kill kraken finally after 443 hours of prepearing my self. played on 1.0 difficulty

I cannot believe you done everything, my tribe have left months ago now and I only go in to keep the ship timer up

I have 2500hrs in ATLAS this situation is very sad. We have no news of anything.

I know they have a big update, they haven't revealed. 

Despite all the delay on a new update, rumors indicate that new types of boats may arrive.

Edited by FatalCrazy

Well I hope they do something soon. I've supported the game since release and now on both platforms and as much as I love building and sailing I know all the fauna and flora everywhere I go  before I get there, which is becoming a bit monotonous tbh. In a game this size I can't help wondering if quests and other content like that is the only way to save the game now.

My chief complaints after returning to give this game another try...

1. I build a house on an island with noone on that entire half of the island., Some guy came and posted pillars all the way around my property so I cant build. NA PVE. It was just a tiny shack on a trade route. After that I built walls. He covered ever square inch of land inside my walls.
2. My schooner turns into a submarine. It gets submerged in water all the way up to the sails. This pushes my pets and workers off and hinders travel.
3. Ship of the Damned are WAY too powerful! I don't even want to travel anymore. The devs took all the fun out of sea content! All I do is build now. Getting old.
3. I came back to my character being deleted somehow. I will never have a chance to get the powerstones because noone plays anymore. That means I'll never be able to do the new underwater content. At this time and place in the game the hydra requirement needs to be removed!
4. The Kraken and other hard requirements that require a lot of people need to be removed. Or they should make the solo version of the game (with cheats) and account wide achievement.
5. The damage wild animals do while attempting to capture them needs a massive nerf! It's ridiculous.
6. I'm shocked to see this dev team has done nothing for player retention. I think a big part of that is guild/company systems and the damage SOTD's do. Hostile players in PVE are not preventable, you'll get them no matter what. But a players ability to drop walls or obstructions inside or next to my base and boats is totally on the dev team. There needs to be an increase in proximity building to lessen griefers from ruining this game.

28 minutes ago, Stabby said:

1. I build a house on an island with noone on that entire half of the island., Some guy came and posted pillars all the way around my property so I cant build. NA PVE. It was just a tiny shack on a trade route. After that I built walls. He covered ever square inch of land inside my walls.
2. My schooner turns into a submarine. It gets submerged in water all the way up to the sails. This pushes my pets and workers off and hinders travel.
3. Ship of the Damned are WAY too powerful! I don't even want to travel anymore. The devs took all the fun out of sea content! All I do is build now. Getting old.
3. I came back to my character being deleted somehow. I will never have a chance to get the powerstones because noone plays anymore. That means I'll never be able to do the new underwater content. At this time and place in the game the hydra requirement needs to be removed!
4. The Kraken and other hard requirements that require a lot of people need to be removed. Or they should make the solo version of the game (with cheats) and account wide achievement.
5. The damage wild animals do while attempting to capture them needs a massive nerf! It's ridiculous.
6. I'm shocked to see this dev team has done nothing for player retention. I think a big part of that is guild/company systems and the damage SOTD's do. Hostile players in PVE are not preventable, you'll get them no matter what. But a players ability to drop walls or obstructions inside or next to my base and boats is totally on the dev team. There needs to be an increase in proximity building to lessen griefers from ruining this game.

1. maybii just move on to a new island

2.sometimes the water is bugged sadly when sailing and it shows the water comes over the boat dn ur a sitting duck 😄

3.Please give some explain how they are hard, aa sloop with 1 cannon in the back can kill any sotd in the game, and dont afk sail so u dont runn straitght into them, but they arent hard 😄

Hydra is the easiest boss in game to solo and you can do all the 9 power stones your self. i did it on single player.

4.i soloed kraken.

5.please learn to tame the animals, i will make a guide for every animal to tame, but in words go find a bear, put 3 billboards around it, shoot it with arrows bola iit at 10% health, feed it wiith honey infront of its face or besidde it belly, "repeat" Then with a bear you can tame any animal. just sit on the bear and hit the wild annimal you want to tame, then at 10% take your bola whiile sitting on the bear and bola it down,  jump of the bear and feed the food thats best to use for the wild animal, remember to keep the bear on passive. so it dosentt attack the wild animal while ur taming.

6.you need to do some more learning killing sotds, best way is to make a schooner with handlinng sails and put 6-8 cannons on the rear and learn to kite them, always keep 5-7 extra medium planks in the boat and repair materials. and enough cannonballs, 

1 hour ago, Stabby said:

Character might have been deleted on the season change. There have been 2 so far.