JogaOriginals

Lost a bear into the sea

Hi everyone.

So here's my problem : I went on an adventure with 2 friends. From N7 we travelled to M8 expecting to find a Tortugar overthere. Anyway, when we arrived to M8 I realised my bear wasn't on my boat anymore since few minutes and fell off into the sea. We immediatly made a u turn but couldn't find it. We spent litteraly 2 days trying to get the bear back without any succes. 

So I have few questions : 1- Does someone has advices to help us find my bear back ? 2- Why did it fell off ? 3- I already seen a lot of animals lost into the sea so why the devs do nothing about it ?

I know the game is not finished yet but instead of buffing the damned aggro and stuff like that who ruins the game, why not making a message on your screen when someone/something fall of your boat, why not display the animal location on your map etc etc ?

I wish everyone (except the damned) a nice day.

Edited by JogaOriginals
Orthographe

I figured out just recently after almost losing a Crab off the boat. I had just killed a whale, but decided not to harvest the blubber, just got the gold off it and left the carcass floating. As I was turning the ship to my intended heading, I spotted the crab on the front of the boat start to walk off the side of the boat and drop into the sea before I could whistle to him. Fortunately I had not picked up much speed yet, so was able to cut the sails and stop. Then I dove down and sure enough, found the crab on the sea floor beneath the whale carcass. Was able to get on the crab and jump him back to the surface and took a few tries, while freezing half to death, but managed to get him on the boat again. What I had forgotten to do was place the crab on passive when I put him on the boat, so that is my new rule of thumb, if you have any animals on the top deck, or basically, any animals on the boat, place them on passive, because if they are on neutral, and you are attacked in the water near the boat, they will jump off and try to save you, and you may not always notice when they do this. Don't know if this relates to your problem, I have heard of people losing animals off their boats, and have found a few floating in the ocean a time or two, and even a crew member that had fallen off someones boat, out in the middle of no where, I couldn't claim the crew since he still had a timer on him, so had to leave him.

100% need a map toggle to show tames and crew. not at all realistic but, necessary until the game is finished at least.

Ark has transponders to help with lost animals, sadly it appears the devs (lol?) forgot to copy paste the code or give a shit. Same with command groups.

Haha damn "until the game is finished at least" made me laugh.

yeah i lost my razertooth yesterday do to me crashiing into a whale with my galleon and my razer jumped of the boat to attack it, but i had to leave it so i just went away. but i have lost many animals just dissappiring from the boat. sometimes they even show that they are on the boat but when i try to ride them i get teleported into the middle of the grid , if you know the exact way u saiiled, its good thing to keep pressing H when u sail that will show a green blinkin marker when ur team is close by. 

This is a non-issue. (animal poofing bug no withstanding)

Always tame breed backup animals. Never ride your best animals into battle. Keep then at your base safe.
Then if you lose an animal..it sucks, but you will be back in action. You may find  your lost animal later...
But if it is gone, you just move on.

Tracking systems should not be in this game. 
You must always keep track of how many animals you have on board, take inventory every time you grid when traveling with animals.
Adapt overcome. It is a game with an ocean. Sometime crap falls overboard never to be seen again....