Sign in to follow this  
Killer Keen

What drops medium wood plank blueprints?

I can't for the life of me figure out what drop medium wooden planks. I've tried treasure maps, sinking ships of the damned, diving to ship wrecks, but I just never seem to get any. Every other ship part I get in all kind of levels, just not medium planks. Got plenty of medium wooden gun ports!

When passing anyone's shops, I also notice there is a lack of them in there as well.

So if the game bugged and not dropping any at the moment, or do you just get them very rarely from doing one specific thing?

tbh most of my best blueprints have come from dragging in the crates, never really  checked to see how many of them were medium planks, as I only use the large ones.  i'm gonna have to check now as it's got me curious to the percentage.

24 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

tbh most of my best blueprints have come from dragging in the crates, never really  checked to see how many of them were medium planks, as I only use the large ones.  i'm gonna have to check now as it's got me curious to the percentage.

It's possible the few I've had over the years have come from crates. Tend to just collect loads of those but not sort through things until after I've salvaged a ship wreck or sunk a damned ship, so not really noted before.

WEll i had the same problem, but sudenly i started to get it more often as a drop from ships. but yeah try to kill different ships, i notticed i often got medium plank bps from killing schooners, but in the end i think it is just luck what you get. 

i never got medium/large planks from treasure maps, but i get very often gunports and cannons from treasure maps.

Edited by hartsia

Thanks for the info Hartsia. Schooners may be the answer. I tend to go after brigs of the damned and hadn't noticed them dropping them, so maybe it is only schooners that do.