Sign in to follow this  
Miedein

Trying to set spawn for Non Dedicated

As the title reads. I'm trying to set the spawn island for my non dedicated server I'm running with just me and my friends. I didn't want to use the full 15x15 map. That's just too big for 3-4 people playing on. 

So I found this map that I'm wanting to use. A nice 3x3 grid to run. https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6848-3x3-the-world-of-zion-powerstones-kraken/

I've gone into the map editor to make sure the islands that are supposed to be freeport spawn islands, are. One has the spawnpointregion override set to 0, the other 1. The grid is set as the home region. I keep seeing talk of needing to run a Redis file? But I can't seem to find this anywhere and don't think it's used for non dedicated? Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated. I've been at this for a couple hours now. 

If you want to use a 3x3, you need to run a dedicated server, 9 of them. The Redis database is how the dedicate servers talk to each other. I had 8 servers running on a i5 8259U with 32 GB of memory. There was enough headroom for 9 I think.