Sign in to follow this  
Tayzeus

What’s the current PvP Meta?

I’ve been playing Atlas about two weeks now on a PvP server and was wondering what the current meta is. 

As of now, I try to get a shot in with the rifle/pistol as opening damage then switch to bow/crossbow. It’s a bit tough to hit my shots sometimes in areas with a lot of buildings as my game tends to lag a bit. I was thinking about branching into the hand to hand combat. It looks like it has some good stuns. Possibly melee with shield bash for stuns instead. 

What set ups are you all currently using ?

i mean depends on the scenario but firearms definitely. thought you were going to ask about ships

the meta doesn't have to do with what you use as a weapon but how you properly use everything in the game to your advantage.. it's a figure it out yourself or join a company that knows it kind of thing.

While I agree with the persons above me, I will also share some information to better yourself.

If you wish to learn the current meta and how to play pvp at a high skill level I would advise you to check out some youtube videos for educational purposes. Watch and learn, see how they build etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GQdusefyU&t=76s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQ8TRliR-A&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFe0Ak1Umg&t=75s

lots of good pvp videos from this season out there, tons of useful information.

18 hours ago, Hannibalxx said:

While I agree with the persons above me, I will also share some information to better yourself.

If you wish to learn the current meta and how to play pvp at a high skill level I would advise you to check out some youtube videos for educational purposes. Watch and learn, see how they build etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GQdusefyU&t=76s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQ8TRliR-A&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFe0Ak1Umg&t=75s

lots of good pvp videos from this season out there, tons of useful information.

The first 2 video was annoying to watch, the 2nd video was basically unwatchable, the 3rd one was probably the best of the group.

Well unless you wanna talk about the BS way slick daddy club DnT and a few other groups abuse the gliders and powder kegs to wipe whoever they want because they are doodoo and cant ACTUALLY pvp there is also the Olympic sport of offline raiding. at this point the meta is to be apart of one of the big companies that are allied 

Very simple, cheat until you get caught, then get company banned, then the players create a new company with the exact same name and continue cheating :D.

Theres no curret PvP meta.

The game lacks enough cohesion for that. Join a mob, lay low or participate in fragile alliances.

Thats it.

Theres some best practices, such as create a character 2 feet tall, level quiickly and pick on someone whos offline or unable to muster a solid defense. Thats about it. They're farting around with tames and tweaks because they're afraid to address the core issues.

Period

Not only have i offered to fix this game, many other people have offered solutions as well. They have our contact info but they'd rather play on twitter and discord

👀

Edited by Ranger1k

@Ranger1k ofc there is a PvP meta.

People like @Sykotech are assholes and don't actually know anything special or they would share it.

Others hit on it though. Its barrels and shields. 

Barrels do OP dmg to anything. They were on cannons, that got taken out....again...but they were still used on gliders. So gliders got nerfed bc or barrels....go GS (idiots). Now you can still shoot them from a catapult from ship deck. So guess what....every other boat is a schooner with catapults and barrels. Its literally all I've seen in weeks now. It is the ship meta.

Shield stun is broken still. You can get put into a stun lock by a high level player and there you shall remain. Its ofc a super easy fix by adding a delay between stuns, but the ever forward thinking devs have yet to address it. Nerfing gliders bc barrels are too strong was more important. The high level players will not be stopped by gunfire. Shield stun is the melee meta.

Bear/Horse Cannon, for some reason I can't figure out, have more range than puckels. I can't tell you how many times I have watched these things assault my well puckled base and never take a shot. Or how many times I have taken out another base that was full of puckles and never get shot once. Its very annoying and makes you wonder why the NPC puckles even exist in the game. Only noobs get stopped by them. The Bear/Horse cannon has too much range, and even with a big cat tame its not easy to dislodge  them. Cart cannons are the base assault meta.

There is also cheating, although I don't consider that meta as MOST people seem to not be cheating. Only some people, and some people does not qualify as meta.

• Like 1

@Chucksteak

Review your previous posts you've made the last few weeks my friend. Your actually in agreement w me. Simply put a meta is pointless in a broken system. Is there a "Meta" for a hockey player? Sure speed, agility, size, stickhandling etc.. Does it matter if the game is almost always JV against Varsity though?

Edited by Ranger1k

On 2/12/2021 at 11:32 PM, chukiki said:

the game needs to be sold back or a new company

dude if you don't like everything in game just don't play it, gtfo, really, nobody likes you!

• Like 1