TrevorJD

Feedback after a year's absence

Very disappointed. I had hoped that with a year's development, utterly broken crap like dying from hyperthermia in 48C while naked underwater, and bringing one too many parrots on board being able to sink your ship, would have been fixed. But sadly not.

Guys, I really want to be able to love your game. I have 4k+ hours in Ark and I want to be able to look back and see a similar number of hours in Atlas but it's not going to happen unless you spend more time on actual gameplay and less time on fluff. Right now, if anyone says "Hey Trev, you own Atlas, should I get it?", all I can give is a resounding "No, it's a steaming heap of buggy, misdirected crap."

• Like 2

You do know that the development is very close to being fully stopped since november? 

• Sad 1

You work there, do you? I've read many claims of it being abandoned but they did update in Dec, Feb and April. That's every two months. We can speculate all we like on how active they are, whether their devs have been pulled off onto other projects, whether it's an advance-fee scam or whatever, but it's nothing more than hot air. We'll never know what's actually happening, just whatever marketing lies they throw at us.

However, none of that's important. What's important is they're not listening to feedback. I'm sure it's pure hubris but I hope they'll have a change of brain.

14 hours ago, TrevorJD said:

You work there, do you? I've read many claims of it being abandoned but they did update in Dec, Feb and April. That's every two months. We can speculate all we like on how active they are, whether their devs have been pulled off onto other projects, whether it's an advance-fee scam or whatever, but it's nothing more than hot air. We'll never know what's actually happening, just whatever marketing lies they throw at us.

However, none of that's important. What's important is they're not listening to feedback. I'm sure it's pure hubris but I hope they'll have a change of brain.

Well we know that the lead designer and project director stopped with Atlas, also the community manager. We also know that the updates that came after November were all updates that were not big, mostly just code. 

They launched the game, it was shit. They were hardly working on fixes until March-May, then they fully worked on the Xbox release til November and since then the game hasn’t been seriously worked on. Road map my ass. 

Sounds like a money grab to me, and they succeeded. But they’re bleeding money now because of maintaining 900 servers with barely any people on them. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Sad 1

If the devs actually played the game, they might keep the servers up?

On 5/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, eeeceee said:

If the devs actually played the game, they might keep the servers up?

Well if you can convince them to do so. 

To quote the words of the 'community manager':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxwbhkDjZM