MaximilianMartin

Power Stones Guide

So obviously I'm a bit new to the Atlas game. I've been looking into getting the power stones, but like most information about the game what I've found is outdated and all guides as of recent just show people naked running to collect the power stones. 

Is there a good source or guide to getting the power stones? 

I think the general concept is go to Golden Age ruins, defeat the Drake or Hydra to get the Artifact Key, take said Key to Alter and claim power stone. All while battling creatures and trying not to die. I see under water caves that may or may not house a powerstone, it is unclear to me. Just any information or clarification would be appreciated. 

Hello,

Sorry about my english, i'm french. And french people prefer eat baguette, fromage and wine instead of learn english.

General concept and tips :

- Never let your ship overnight on Golden ruins, faster decay like freeport and npc can't repair.

- Some Golden ruins have an Hydra (like C6), another a Drake (like F8), it never changes.

- About F8 => be very (very) carefully, light blue water full of reefs! an hour to unlock a schooner just a little bit entered inside south coast light blue area.

- Boss (Hydra/drake) give to EVERY people close enough (participate in fight or not) an artifact when it die (directly in the inventory).

Boss inventory just contains 2000 mythos. You must obviously leave the mythos to people who did the job, or speak with them about it.

=> when you are some people on a company, it is better than players who already have the power stone come to give an additional artifact.

- With an artifact, you can validate a power stone.

=> You need 1 artifact in your inventory to be able to clic on the pillar inside the cave.

- Cave's schema is everytime the same! you know one, you know all (try naked runs without artifact to find the way).

On the other hand, some caves have more enemies inside (and outside^^) than others, good luck!

- Artifact decays in maybe 2 hours (don't really remember), but important thing is artifact is not linked on the golden ruins.

You can (if you have the time before decays) pick up an artifact on C6 and use it on F8 cave.

- Cave location is not underwater, the entrance to the cave is close to a giant compass on the island (like yours, but very large).

This guide is pretty full : atlas-game.blogspot.com/search/label/Guides 

Edited by Nordist

How to proceed :

It's not an exaustive list, just how i did it (or seen people)

Boss mechanics are very simple : when in fight, it will follow closest people (like every enemies on this game...).

When in fight, it will reset aggro and return on spawning spot if it is not hited for a few seconds (alone with a carbine and "normal" reload, you lost aggro).

If some people, easier because all the time people on fight, refresh reset time with more hit.

- Kill Hydra :

Alone => you must know a minimum the mechanics of the game and be a seasoned player.

Newbie alone => Sorry! (try an alliance, or find some people able to kill her and help you, or just manage to be on the area when people kill her)

Some people => it's more pleasant to chain die with several people!

Way 1 : pull and kitting to the ship (carbine/handgun/bow/wingsuit), then ship kitting with rear cannon/balist (when you know how to configure your cannons/npc on the ship, swivel with canister ammo> all. If not, medium cannon or balist are easier and safer).

Alone it's a little bit hard, because you must refresh hit while running if you don't want she reset, when npc hit her => you got her!

Way 2 : Old school alone survivor

Grappling hook, bow, loooooooooooot of arrows. Climb on the city or montain, stuck her under, hit, hit hit, hit.... fuck, no wood to repair my bow! hit, hit, hit.... fuck, i'm hungry! ok, hit, hit, hit, hit, fuuuuuuuuuuuck, a pterodactyl!

You must try this way one time on your life!

Way 3 : Little wily one

Stand by people kill her for you!

- Kill Drake :

More or less same thing, but you can kill him easier alone when he is stuck on his spawn area.

Way 1 : some people with carbines on the ground, like Hydra, stuck him and hit, hit, hit...

Way 2 : put on red clothes and play to be a fire-fighter !

The better way of all fights, but you must be several people.

Pull and kitting to the ship, when someone on the ship hit him, the fun part begins!

ps: be carefull, you must have buckets on your ship^^

He can't sunk your ship (we tried with schooner/brig and gally), but it's really fun.

Another little thing :

- Power stone on the island (Hydra, Drake, artifact, cave) => unlock the first quest (Kraken access)

But you don't really need to finish the quest to participate to the fight against the Kraken.

Finish the quest = Able to invocating Kraken.

- Power stone underwater (dark area, submarine, don't need artifact) => unlock the second quest (V2 Kraken access).

Same thing.

Edited by Nordist
  • Thanks 1