Jump to content

Draugr

Dying and losing boat when transferring grids

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else have these issues? I tried it again and everytime I leave grid A1 to go to grid A2, I spawn in at A2 on a random island with no items or equipment. My boat is also lost. I really wanted to host a 2x2 server and open it for public play, but with this apparently constant issue I have no choice but to only run a single grid server which really sux. I hope someone here might be able to help me or at least might know what causes this issue.

 

Any help is appreaciated.

Edited by Draugr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your database  properly linked in your json file?

My Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json file looks like this (I haven't changed it from the default)…

{
  "LocalS3URL": "",
  "LocalS3AccessKeyId": "",
  "LocalS3SecretKey": "",
  "LocalS3BucketName": "",
  "LocalS3Region": "",
  "TribeLogConfig": {
    "MaxRedisEntries": 1000,
    "BackupMode": "on",
    "MaxFileHistory": 10,
    "HttpBackupURL": "",
    "HttpAPIKey": "",
    "S3URL": "",
    "S3AccessKeyId": "",
    "S3SecretKey": "",
    "S3BucketName": "",
    "S3KeyPrefix": ""
  },
  "SharedLogConfig": {
    "FetchRateSec": 60,
    "SnapshotCleanupSec": 900,
    "SnapshotRateSec": 1800,
    "SnapshotExpirationHours": 48,
    "BackupMode": "on",
    "MaxFileHistory": 10,
    "HttpBackupURL": "",
    "HttpAPIKey": "",
    "S3URL": "",
    "S3AccessKeyId": "",
    "S3SecretKey": "",
    "S3BucketName": "",
    "S3KeyPrefix": ""
  },
  "TravelDataConfig": {
    "BackupMode": "on",
    "MaxFileHistory": 10,
    "HttpBackupURL": "",
    "HttpAPIKey": "",
    "S3URL": "",
    "S3AccessKeyId": "",
    "S3SecretKey": "",
    "S3BucketName": "",
    "S3KeyPrefix": ""
  },
  "DatabaseConnections": [
    {
      "Name": "Default",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "foobared"
    },
    {
      "Name": "TribeDB",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "foobared"
    },
    {
      "Name": "TravelDataDB",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "foobared"
    },
    {
      "Name": "TerritoryDB",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "foobared"
    },
    {
      "Name": "LogDB",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "foobared"
    }
  ]
}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Is your database  properly linked in your json file?

My Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json file looks like this (I haven't changed it from the default)…

{
  "LocalS3URL": "",
  "LocalS3AccessKeyId": "",
  "LocalS3SecretKey": "",
  "LocalS3BucketName": "",
  "LocalS3Region": "",
  "TribeLogConfig": {
    "MaxRedisEntries": 1000,
    "BackupMode": "on",
    "MaxFileHistory": 10,
    "HttpBackupURL": "",
    "HttpAPIKey": "",
    "S3URL": "",
    "S3AccessKeyId": "",
    "S3SecretKey": "",
    "S3BucketName": "",
    "S3KeyPrefix": ""
 ...

Yes mine is exactly the same. How do I test if the database is properly linked? I tried removing the db once as a test and all the characters were wiped. I put back the original (I backed it up before wiping the database) and everything is back to normal (aka the original characters are back.)

 

One thing and this may have just been a typo, but you have the file listed as "Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json", but on my server it is "Servergrid.ServerOnly.json". Is it supposed to be "Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json"?

Oh, one question. The database is on the same physical server as the grid server, so I don't need to port forward port 6379 right? I'm guessing no since it is using the loopback IP 127.0.0.1.

Thanks

 

 

Edited by Draugr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Draugr said:

Yes mine is exactly the same. How do I test if the database is properly linked? I tried removing the db once as a test and all the characters were wiped. I put back the original (I backed it up before wiping the database) and everything is back to normal (aka the original characters are back.)

 

One thing and this may have just been a typo, but you have the file listed as "Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json", but on my server it is "Servergrid.ServerOnly.json". Is it supposed to be "Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json"?

Oh, one question. The database is on the same physical server as the grid server, so I don't need to port forward port 6379 right? I'm guessing no since it is using the loopback IP 127.0.0.1.

Thanks

 

 

Yes - my bad - it was a typo.
Also correct - no need to port-forward 6379 as it is entirely local traffic.

By "linked", I meant having the correct port numbers, etc in the json file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Yes - my bad - it was a typo.
Also correct - no need to port-forward 6379 as it is entirely local traffic.

By "linked", I meant having the correct port numbers, etc in the json file.

Yea, my Servergrid.ServerGridOnly.json has the same ports 6379 for the database. I never changed the database settings, so they are default.

Edited by Draugr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×