Sign in to follow this  
Lagz

What did this last patch do, why is everything gone?

Im curious if others lost their raft or other ships. I have talked to people in game who have, but i want to ask on here too. Both my raft and sloop are gone and parts of the map ive been through are now not visible anymore..  Even items i had on me were gone.. Im wondering what the hell they did with this patch.  

Wild Card felt like you got to much of the game up front and decided to take back the Xmas gift skin job they gave you...  OK OK OK that was harsh.. But true......

1 minute ago, SpeedInc said:

Wild Card felt like you got to much of the game up front and decided to take back the Xmas gift skin job they gave you...  OK OK OK that was harsh.. But true......

Im just confused.. Why did everything disappear.. Whats the point of playing if theyre just gonna take everything out. Why make people start over for no reason.. I saw people in the discord talking about roll backs but i didnt lose my levels.. Only everything owned.. Idk

In ark this would equate to a mind wipe due to a core mechanic change in values assigned by each person. You had so many points that gave you access to skills and such. those point values have now changed and everyone needs to respec... as for your equipment start acting like Star Citizen (poofware), well that's just crappy knee jerk reactions to fix something that's broken and making over corrections. some difficulty settings were upped and more NPC ships were set loose to clear the board. I dont like it too.. as i was on an hour ago. and now im dead in the middle of the ocean and lost all my gear and have no way of making it again nice... thanks for the respec... cant wait for the next one so i can get my points lined up in the right sections..

Growing pains.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

In ark this would equate to a mind wipe due to a core mechanic change in values assigned by each person. You had so many points that gave you access to skills and such. those point values have now changed and everyone needs to respec... as for your equipment start acting like Star Citizen (poofware), well that's just crappy knee jerk reactions to fix something that's broken and making over corrections. some difficulty settings were upped and more NPC ships were set loose to clear the board. I dont like it too.. as i was on an hour ago. and now im dead in the middle of the ocean and lost all my gear and have no way of making it again nice... thanks for the respec... cant wait for the next one so i can get my points lined up in the right sections..

Growing pains.....

Well thats a pretty good explanation but it makes me feel worse about the people making this game.. Days of work to be destroyed for no reason. Ive played a lot of ark, im used to getting wiped but not like this. This is just stupid.. Its similar to something that i heard happened with extinction where tons of bases were just wiped out of nowhere, right under peoples feet, and the devs did nothing. 

Well i guess ill start from scratch again.. This will be the last time though, unless i get wiped by something legit.. Although i heard there is an issue with ghost ships right now so that should be fun. 

holy shit, and they wrecked skill points.. I cant buy all of what i had earlier.. Not even close.. what are they doing lul

I cant even get half of the skills i had earlier.. Wow.. Is it 2 skills points per level now? that is not enough for the these changes!!! 

Edited by Lagz

They make the game worse with each patch, was the same in ARK. Same people, same behavior. Customers/Players always treated as enemys.

If I lost my beach house and stuff I collected I am gonna call it quits. I know its early access, but on PVE the whole point is to make bases and get some trading going and since I hardly can do that at all I lose my interest in the game.

3 minutes ago, Loni said:

If I lost my beach house and stuff I collected I am gonna call it quits. I know its early access, but on PVE the whole point is to make bases and get some trading going and since I hardly can do that at all I lose my interest in the game.

ya i get it. im not gonna restart again. This will be the last time. Plus the ghost ship issues, the other issues with enemy ships, and this skill point nerf, is making the game no fun. I cant even get half the skills i had before. Unreal. 

2 minutes ago, Lagz said:

ya i get it. im not gonna restart again. This will be the last time. Plus the ghost ship issues, the other issues with enemy ships, and this skill point nerf, is making the game no fun. I cant even get half the skills i had before. Unreal. 

One of the reason I didnt build a ship yet was exactly the prediction of what happened here, but apart from that losing solid bases on land is a huge bummer and not worth starting over again from literally 0. Will wait for a complete server wipe or when there is a stable version which as we can see is hardly gonna be anytime soon.

I dunno why everyone's complaining about it the games Early access it's part of making the game. It does suck right now I agree with that but it's not the dev's fault. You could have just waited until full release. 

1 hour ago, Doctorian Swift said:

I dunno why everyone's complaining about it the games Early access it's part of making the game. It does suck right now I agree with that but it's not the dev's fault. You could have just waited until full release. 

I wish i had a dime for every time someone says this. God you people are dumb. No shit its early access. ffs. fortnite is early access too, or was for a long time. Just because a game is early access doesnt mean you still didnt pay for it. Most people expect the game to be unfinished in early access. Also some bugs and issues.. Im aware that this is the case. 

But no ones going to be happy about having to restart over and over while other players dont have to..  Should i be happy about that? No. Plus making stupid choices doesnt help. The last patch was a mess and made the game worse, not better. 

Edited by Lagz

1 hour ago, Doctorian Swift said:

ark was early access for almost 2 years nobody wants to wait that long. The deal with ghost ships. They're basically bosses that are currently circling every island and have the capability of melting your ship within a minute. Many hours to build.... a minute to get destroyed. Imo remove them or leave them in the corners of the map where people actually need to go look for them and not be found by them. 

23 minutes ago, Maalus95 said:

ark was early access for almost 2 years nobody wants to wait that long. The deal with ghost ships. They're basically bosses that are currently circling every island and have the capability of melting your ship within a minute. Many hours to build.... a minute to get destroyed. Imo remove them or leave them in the corners of the map where people actually need to go look for them and not be found by them. 

I do agree with you there nuts out there right now and they will be fixed they just need time they got alot of work to do still. 

2 hours ago, Doctorian Swift said:

Because as it is now with the rates of gathering resources and skill system it takes hours if not days of real life time to build high end stuff only to lose it within minutes by a bug. The current rates are set for a stable version of the game, but the game database has holes like a Swiss cheese causing constant loss of data for players or whole loss of bases due to bugged and broken claim system.

Edited by Loni