Jump to content

Blackhawksrule

Atlas full release?

Recommended Posts

Howdy!

Been playing since the game preview hit XBOX.

 

Just wondering, cant find anything.

Any idea on when will be a full release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the pace that the development is going right now, probably 2025-2030. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is there will be no full release, been a cash grab from the start. Very easy for them to just use Ark features and layouts and use it for Atlas knowing they weren't going to update it as much as we thought.

I think they've conceded, they see everyone anger and how the majority has left so gone back to focus on Ark full time. They were good with the smoke and mirrors though, made some good money out of it I bet. If they had any sense they would just scrap it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DannyUK said:

My guess is there will be no full release, been a cash grab from the start. Very easy for them to just use Ark features and layouts and use it for Atlas knowing they weren't going to update it as much as we thought.

I think they've conceded, they see everyone anger and how the majority has left so gone back to focus on Ark full time. They were good with the smoke and mirrors though, made some good money out of it I bet. If they had any sense they would just scrap it.

Hope your wrong, but afraid you might be right.

 

Dont like ark.....

Like atlas but the lag really frustrates me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blackhawksrule said:

Hope your wrong, but afraid you might be right.

 

Dont like ark.....

Like atlas but the lag really frustrates me.

They're focusing on Ark Genesis right now. I'm hopeful that they will return to full production on this game once they focus is shifted. 

What do you like more about this game versus Ark? Just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Join Last Oasis.

SAND BOATS!

You can pack your base inside your boat and safelog it like in Worlds Adrift! It's DOPE. Devs are actually there.

 

Edited by Inigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a really awesome genre with Atlas. I'm sure they didnt think ark would take like it did, imagine how epic if they merged them a bit more.  I always felt like Atlas should have been an prim expansion for Ark.

Keeping them apart is cool but there is a lot of coding in Ark that is already done that they could bring over. They need to learn about selling some cosmetics for micro transactions. not just ugly hats but like an entire ship skin for example. Not sure if anyone played Ultima Online but in that game there were some rares that spawned in the world on timers. These decorative items sold for millions when they went extinct. There were also rare resource items from bosses and NPCs for crafting.  I used to sell them on ebay and actually bought my first car selling shit from that game.  It was loads of fun collecting the items.

From a PvE perspective, people are into the RP and base building aspects.  They need to enhance this. Its not ALL about t-bagging people.  I enjoy a good fist gank like the rest but damn, how hard is it to get an intern to draw some decorative items?   I'd also like to see power stones give you more engram points if you consume them. Give them a purpose beyond kraken.

Enhance the skill lines. NOT cookie cutter classes. Keep what there is and Think Star Wars Galaxies.  It had 31 skill lines you mix matched to create your own unique char. Dont change, just add more. Chef is a skill, Dancer, musician. Doctors for stat buffs.  Galaxies had an epic crafting system that created this massive community in game surrounding it.  People built player cities just to house malls. I get it will be hell to balance in PvP but what game has perfect balance? There is ALWAYS a meta. For PvE is more about play style and enjoyment. point is there are enough proven ideas. gleen.

Crafting for resale could be given some love. Vendor shops should be tied to a server search engine. Even crap Linage 2 has a better auction house.  I'm cool with travelling for a pick up but finding things is stupid. If you want to add a courier for a fee, cool, whatever. 

I can see this staying as it is.  Its not funded and there isn't any source of income from it. So i agree, I doubt there will be an official release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 7:49 AM, MaximilianMartin said:

They're focusing on Ark Genesis right now. I'm hopeful that they will return to full production on this game once they focus is shifted. 

What do you like more about this game versus Ark? Just curious

I really like the ships and the sailing.

Exploring random islands and treasure maps.

That you cant do everything so you need a community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have an open position for a senior Game Designer.
So if it would be dead they wouldn't put money in it.
Feel free to apply 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, Kappinski said:

They have an open position for a senior Game Designer.
So if it would be dead they wouldn't put money in it.
Feel free to apply 😄

Lol I'm a plane mechanic.

Dont have the coding aptitude.  Tried in h.s.  struggled with html hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are more than qualified, @blackhawksrule. Welcome aboard! Yarr :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×