Hi.

I have a 2x2 grid setup on my server. I have one freeport _E island in each of the 4 grids on my server. Each grid is a different climate zone. What I'd like is to have players who login to the server to be offered an option of starting at a freeport island in any of the 4 grids so they can choose the climate they wish to play in at the start. Again each grid has a freeport island on it. Can this be done? Can it be set that when a player first joins they can pick a starting (freeport) island in 1 of the 4 grids on my server and spawn there?

I read on one site that this was possible and have tried everything I can think of to make it work.

I'm using the Atlas Server Control program and the Server Grid Editor that is built in. All 4 servers load and the ACS says they are all running, but when I try to join the server only grid A1 is available as a spawn zone.

So far, I've tried the following...

1. All ports for each grid are different and forwarded properly on my firewall and router.
2. I tried making each of the 4 grids set to "Home Server".
3. I designated one Freeport_E island in each grid as SpawnPointRegionOveride to 1.
4. I setup each grid server to have the correct Spawn Region for the grid.

Can anyone help me, I'd really appreciate it. I spent a lot of time setting up the grids and populating them with islands, ship paths, etc. I am really anxious to get testing on the server.

Edited by Draugr

The Server Grid Editor in Atlas Server Controller is outdated.  Try loading your map into the official GrapeShot editor then re-export it.  I don't know if that will fix your specific problem, but there have been reports of other map irregularities (like islands not showing land) when using ASC's SGE.

Edited by Phoenix125

21 minutes ago, Phoenix125 said:

The Server Grid Editor in Atlas Server Controller is outdated.  Try loading your map into the official GrapeShot editor then re-export it.  I don't know if that will fix your specific problem, but there have been reports of other map irregularities (like islands not showing land) when using ASC's SGE.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it, but it didn't work. I wonder if I should try launching the servers separately via batch files and not using ASC. I'm going to give that a try, I just have to research the necessary command line arguments to launch each server.

Ok.  I think your suggestion may have helped some. I completely wiped my json files from the shootergame folder, then transferred the newly saved version from the actual grid editor and now I see all four grids on my map when I first try to join the server. Still, there is a problem. If I attempt to start in grid 0,0 aka A1, I get taken to the character creation screen as normal. If I try to start in A2, B1, B2, I get the attached error message.

atlas.jpg.1de32711dcbae8709e559a0e2f24fd51.jpg

Can you post your json file and your command lines please, someone might spot something,

Remember to remove any passwords you've put in yourself.

3 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Can you post your json file and your command lines please, someone might spot something,

Remember to remove any passwords you've put in yourself.

ServerGrid.json

I've attached the json file. As for the command lines, I'm using ASC program to launch the game. I also tried using a command line, but the results are the same. Oh and I tried completely opening all the ports on the server box as a test to see if this was a port forwarding issue, but even with all ports open, the issue happens.

Here is the command line / batch file I was using, but I'm back to using the ASC program thus the batch files arent used anymore.

d:
cd\
cd atlas\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\
start ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=1?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?ServerAdminPassword=?MaxPlayers=34?ReservedPlayerSlots=2?QueryPort=57564?Port=5764?SeamlessIP=22.112.117.145 -log -server

I tried everything and was up late last night trying to resolve it. I made some progress as I was able to finally get all four grids to show when you first join the server and choose a starting grid/freeport. Originally I was only able to choose grid 0,0 or A1, so I got that much resolved, but now when attempting to connect to grids A2, B1, or B2 I get my previous post error message and I'm kicked back to the server select screen.

Edited by Draugr

Have you port-forwarded all port numbers including the gaps?   5760 to 5768, 57560 to 57568, 27000 to 27003 - all UDP ?
I'm not sure how much ASC does for you (I only use command line stuff), but in the json file: "ip": "127.0.0.1"   I have my external IP address for each grid, NOT 127.0.0.1

I think you might have a mis-match of directory names for the save files...  Your command line says ServerX=1?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00
Check that you've given a unique directory name for each grid, otherwise the save files will over-write each other.

4 hours ago, DeepSeaDuo said:

Have you port-forwarded all port numbers including the gaps?   5760 to 5768, 57560 to 57568, 27000 to 27003 - all UDP ?
I'm not sure how much ASC does for you (I only use command line stuff), but in the json file: "ip": "127.0.0.1"   I have my external IP address for each grid, NOT 127.0.0.1

I think you might have a mis-match of directory names for the save files...  Your command line says ServerX=1?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00
Check that you've given a unique directory name for each grid, otherwise the save files will over-write each other.

I made the IP changes and it appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks for your advice, the server is working properly now. 🙂

• Like 1

We have the same issue as you did Draugr, but which json file did you edit the ip for? as there are a few.  I've looked under 

cd atlas\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ 

and I don't have any json files there.