Draugr

Custom Map with 100% resources/monsters/power stones, etc?

hi.

I haven't played Atlas in a long time and recently got the itch to try again. I have a dedicated server ready to host a server for friends and family but I have a question on the map. From what I last remembered, you cannot host the entire Atlas map on a single dedicated server, thus you use the server editor tool to make a custom grid map that is much smaller than the complete map. My question is this. Is there any information for designing a custom 1x1 map that contains all the monsters, bosses, resources, events, power stones, etc. on it? I'm not sure what islands would have to be chosen and placed on a smaller map grid to allow the players to explore and encounter all the game features available. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

Thanks
John

PS: My server is an i7 3.40GHZ processor with 32GB of RAM. Nothing else runs on it but game servers and currently, no other game server is being used. Does anyone know how many grids an Atlas dedicated server can support with those specs?

PSS: I know about Blackwood, but from what I read there are some serious issues with that free DLC map (and no fixes or updates to it), thus I'm trying to stay away from using it on my server.

Edited by Draugr

A few things to consider...

You need a minimum of two grids.  The grid with the end boss doesn't allow any creatures to spawn.
Atlas works slightly better if you have a square arrangement (2x2, or 3x3, etc), otherwise the map can appear distorted.
If you want to run without mods, then you need 9 islands whose name ends with "PVE" to get all the powerstones, plus 8 trenches.
I believe there is a mod to get around this.
More islands in a grid requires more CPU and RAM.
It's recommended to allow one CPU Core (2 threads) and around 6 to 8 GB RAM per grid, but if your map has a low player count, then you can probably relax a bit on the CPU Core count.

Apparently, MTN_H_CP_CAVE is a relatively new island that's worth having.

Beware that once published and active, you shouldn't move islands around your map.  It's safe to add new islands.  Keep the islands locked in the map editor to be safe.