MunchATG

Sail-less ships

Hello. Just curious if anyone can enlighten me a little. Was out sailing between our islands last night when someone came hammering past me in what appeared to be a schooner with no sails. Bearing in mind I was on a schooner with 1 large speed sail and a small handling sail so my ship, the roadrunner, is no slouch at the best of times. The other players ship seemed to have the same wake at the back that the sotd have. Is this an end game item or was it someone using mods? Cheers if anyone has any ideas. Peace

I saw a sailless schooner today too and wondered what was up.

I've encountered some bugs in Singleplayer where NPC ships would rendered without their sails, but still be able to move, but have never encountered it in Multiplayer or affecting a player owned and built ship before now.

There's nothing in the patch notes about there being a new 'motor' style sail component. Was this on an official server?

Sorry for the delay. Yep, this was on the eu pve server somewhere between a5 and a7. I have looked all through every guide, patch notes and crafting recipe I can find also with no mention of this. Strictly speaking someone with a motor torpedo boat would have a ridiculous advantage but its nonetheless a cool idea!

Edited by MunchATG
Posted too soon

Nah, dont think so. Like I said, they had the same wake as the ships of the damned, the one that looks like prop wash and spray and not the smooth wake that we get. It is a cool thought for a smaller end game ship though dont you think?