Sign in to follow this  
Solon

NOTHING is fixed

After the devs abandoned this game and the main dev quit the job I didn not think there would be any further fixes to the countless bugs that plague this game but when this last update was posted I decided to reinstall and test to see if ANY of the major bugs have been fixed.

Ok. so you live and learn, wont make this mistake three times in a row, this game is not worth the heart ache of constantly losing 100% of your stuff to BUGS.

Created a new character, tamed a bear, bought a sloop and set sail for an island I know tigers are on.  Sloop had a bed on it.

Died on the trip and.... NO OPTION TO REZ ON THE SHIP!!!!

no point in rezzing in the zone so rezzed back home and bought a raft and set sail for my sloop which is about a 3 hour journey no metter which direction you pick.  Sloop was not there - it had been drawn on the map the entire time i was in transit but it was NOT drawn in the center of the cleared fog of war but maybe 20 minuts sailing south west of that location.

As soon as I entered the map where I died the sloop disappeared from the map because it was NEVER THERE!!

You die in a zone that is not your home zone and YOU LOSE 100% of your shit that you had with you.

wont bother trying to see if you guys ever pull your head out of your asses or if management actually hire anyone who is actually a competent developer, I see no point in giving myself the grief of losing everything over and over and over and over.

Every time you make headway in this game... BOOM!  you just got screwed by the incompetence of both the developers and the management of this game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I wonder if we should start a fundraising campaign to buy the game.... Hand it over to some competent team that listens to the players and gets things done. I wonder how much the greedy bunch needs to let go atlas...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 4:35 AM, hartsia said:

was this for single player?

yes that was on single player

On 4/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, Bitroaster said:

I wonder if we should start a fundraising campaign to buy the game.... Hand it over to some competent team that listens to the players and gets things done. I wonder how much the greedy bunch needs to let go atlas...

why buy it tho? no one has the monopoly on survival pirate themed games so they can just create one that is far superior instead of wasting money buying this wreckage of a game,  just let it die already and cross your fingers an hope another developer picks up on the idea

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Haha 1

So many good examples for crowd funded games... Like Star Citizen (or how to make a fortune selling virtual ships you will never fly)... Or Chronicles of Elyria (how to scam people into buying virtual titles and jobs).

Come and try out Life Is Fudal, the map is getting wiped next week. I know it's not a pirate game but it still a grind and has building and fighting. PvE in greenzones. I've had it with this game, I would have thought by now they would have said something, I think it has been left to one side.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 7:46 PM, The D Legacy said:

why buy it tho? no one has the monopoly on survival pirate themed games so they can just create one that is far superior instead of wasting money buying this wreckage of a game,  just let it die already and cross your fingers an hope another developer picks up on the idea

Yeah, you're probably right. not worth the legal mumbo jumbo. better start from scratch. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Come and try out Life Is Fudal, the map is getting wiped next week. I know it's not a pirate game but it still a grind and has building and fighting. PvE in greenzones. I've had it with this game, I would have thought by now they would have said something, I think it has been left to one side.

Thank's for the invite. been there, done that. not my game, though.

git gud

edit:
when  you leave the freeport in your little tub, get to the first possible island you can get to. make a bed or have one ready to place. Level up on that island until you can make a medium ship yard and make a schooner, or heck even a better sloop. make a small house to put a smithy and such in.
Single player was always an experiment in a beta game meant for online at it's core. My single player game is always breaking. I found it better to just find yourself an established server someplace and play on that. If you want to be alone, there are lots of empty servers out there.

you cant say they never fixed anything with the last patch if you only played for such a short time.

Edited by engraverwilliam

On 4/7/2020 at 8:44 AM, Solon said:

Every time you make headway in this game... BOOM!  you just got screwed by the incompetence of both the developers and the management of this game.

you talk about ark or pixark or dark and light or atlas, WAIT A SECOND...

hahahahahaha

but remember, a dead cow gives no milk, they will propably do a last patch after genesis1 or 2, just for the money.

no seahorse

no nothing...

jebaited by wildcard

but people remember, there will be a time when none is playing this game or ark anymore, and noone will buy anything from them because they have a history of scam and incompetence.

• Thanks 1