The internet is driving me insane and I made an account to get some answers because this is ridiculous. I know that Gum is found in the Equator, I know which region you find Gum. 

BUT WHAT DOES THE NODE LOOK LIKE? Is it a tree? Is it an actual chewing gum wrapper on the floor? (lol), do i dig for it? Do elephants have it in their tusks?, is it a plant? Is it a holy entity that comes to me? Where specifically do i find it in the Equtor biome, and what does the node actually look like?

All the internet tells me is where to find it, but not exactly where, which is dumb. If you can help me I will be your co-op gaming team mate in heaven forever when we all perish. Thankyou

I believe gum is a form of sap and comes from specific trees, unfortunately I haven't harvested any myself so can't say exactly what trees. Hopefully someone else can offer more detail.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Muppetish said:

I believe gum is a form of sap and comes from specific trees, unfortunately I haven't harvested any myself so can't say exactly what trees. Hopefully someone else can offer more detail.

Thankyou for the reply. Imma try and find this bloody node if its the last thing I do!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muppetish said:

I found the node. Gum comes from a certain tree. How do i describe this tree you might ask. Well... lol... here are the notable features of this tree:

-Trunk is a light brown colour

-All its branches face and grow upwards as opposed to other trees whose branches go in all sorts of directions. These branches are not thin but not thick. Id say the width of an average characters arm ingame. 

-Fresh looking green leaves on all the branches. Upon further investigation of the leaves, they closely resemble Coffee Tree Leaves in real life but without the lines on them (because of graphics). There are cocoa trees around in this island too, but that might just be a coincidence. 

Best description ive got. Hope this helps you and anyone else looking for gum nodes.

• Thanks 1

I might be getting two resources mixed up, forgive me if I am. But find a swamp on the equator islands and you can get it from the more substantial looking Lilly pads

Edited by Walter Riley

I've been finding Gum in the equatorial swamps, in what look like giant floating lily pads. (Sorry, don't have a picture.) Same swamps also have bushier floating plants that give sea grapes.

Yeah, guys about screenshots. What I do is just press "Ctrl + Print Screed" if I wanna take ingame picture. Then open "Paint" and just "Ctrl + V" = paste screenshot and save it : ) I know there is some "steam" feature, but It's more comfortable for me to do my way (I also edit photo for my "Feedback" thread).