Sign in to follow this  
Walter Riley

We need to talk about fire elementals

Seriously, who decided it was a good idea to design a mob that has an insane aggro range that never stops chasing you down. Not to mention the fact that a *FIRE* elemental can somehow chase you underwater????

I know the ga islands aren't supposed to be easy but fe are freaking ridiculous

1 hour ago, Walter Riley said:

Seriously, who decided it was a good idea to design a mob that has an insane aggro range that never stops chasing you down. Not to mention the fact that a *FIRE* elemental can somehow chase you underwater????

I know the ga islands aren't supposed to be easy but fe are freaking ridiculous

One of the mean reasons I never go to the Bad Touch Islands.

Fire elementals are not particularly good, they’re just annoying. That they can kill you underwater is a bit stupid yes. 

My friend actually reached his wits end and decided to take a break from the game because of these fire fugbois. Can't blame him, they are op as fug and there are no practical ways to kill them at the moment.  Could probably try and pepper them with ballista bolts, but might just need to bring 2 galleons for it. 1 galleon for the ballistas, and 1 galleon to carry all that craploads of bolts. 🤣

1. They should nerf them

2. They should nerf them

3. Elephants should have platform saddles where you can put ballistas and anti-big game weapons on top of them.

4. They really should fix the game and all its bugs and imbalances.

2 hours ago, Keksimus Maximus said:

My friend actually reached his wits end and decided to take a break from the game because of these fire fugbois. Can't blame him, they are op as fug and there are no practical ways to kill them at the moment.  Could probably try and pepper them with ballista bolts, but might just need to bring 2 galleons for it. 1 galleon for the ballistas, and 1 galleon to carry all that craploads of bolts. 🤣

1. They should nerf them

2. They should nerf them

3. Elephants should have platform saddles where you can put ballistas and anti-big game weapons on top of them.

4. They really should fix the game and all its bugs and imbalances.

Wauw, stopping because of an in game creature that you can work around. That’s just sad. 

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Wauw, stopping because of an in game creature that you can work around. That’s just sad. 

Yh but you can't, that's the point. If one sneaks up on you if you're on a bear you might as well say goodbye to the bear

Edited by Walter Riley

11 minutes ago, Walter Riley said:

Yh but you can't, that's the point. If one sneaks up on you if you're on a bear you might as well say goodbye to the bear

You’re going on a bear on a fire elemental island? That’s mistake one lol. If you’re on foot, they’re not even a real challenge. 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You’re going on a bear on a fire elemental island? That’s mistake one lol. If you’re on foot, they’re not even a real challenge. 

You're gold farming on foot? Good luck

1 minute ago, Walter Riley said:

You're gold farming on foot? Good luck

So you’re gonna do something when knowing all the risks, and then complain about it because you evidently can’t handle the risk? ??

20 hours ago, Percieval said:

So you’re gonna do something when knowing all the risks, and then complain about it because you evidently can’t handle the risk? ??

Not at all. I accept the risk and an fully prepared to lose the bear that I take. It's actually the way I get rid of my outdated breeding stock. HOwever, it is possible to accept this risk whilst at the exact same time be annoyed by dumb design choices

17 hours ago, Percieval said:

But they’re not, that’s the thing. 

So you trying to say it's perfectly reasonable for a mob made four of fire to be able to go for a swim with no side effects? I'm not going down any realism debates, given the first half of that setence, but you can't seriously tell me that's not dumb

7 minutes ago, Walter Riley said:

So you trying to say it's perfectly reasonable for a mob made four of fire to be able to go for a swim with no side effects? I'm not going down any realism debates, given the first half of that setence, but you can't seriously tell me that's not dumb

Well, if you read one of my previous posts, I said that fire elementals shouldn’t be able to attack you underwater. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Well, if you read one of my previous posts, I said that fire elementals shouldn’t be able to attack you underwater. 

Right, but just a few posts later you say the design choices aren't dumb? Am I missing something?

Take all your trash Bears and lure the fire elementals to the water and kill them. Most your trash Bears will die but at least you will kill one lol

21 hours ago, Walter Riley said:

Right, but just a few posts later you say the design choices aren't dumb? Am I missing something?

No they’re not. They are easily shaken off, they never hit you but they are frightening. Only stupid thing about them is they can do damage underwater. Gheheh. 

With sneak all the way up and in crouch they can fly almost right over you without agro. I hate them too but at least the sneaking is fun. I also always have a glider for quick getaways. 

I hate people like PIERCIEVAL...

I play Atlas since the 1st hour, 2k6hours in the game. I know maybe 95% of the game's mechanic , playing before and after reset, and so on...

Before reset (lot of time before xbox crossplay), fire elem can be defeated by ballista (i don't remember other weapon).

Was not possible to 1 shot them, but possible to kill them before they sunk the ship.

Question to "I have an answer to everything" PIERCIEVAL : why devs moved this mechanic and let a trash mob with god mode on?

Why a trash mob (difficult is not really the problem) on the way to the BOSS of the area is harder than the boss himself?

I am able to avoid them or pull them away my way to Hydra or Drake, but it's a nonsense and you should not have an answer to that...

I love and i hate this game in same time. It could be so much better if....

22 hours ago, Nordist said:

I hate people like PIERCIEVAL...

I play Atlas since the 1st hour, 2k6hours in the game. I know maybe 95% of the game's mechanic , playing before and after reset, and so on...

Before reset (lot of time before xbox crossplay), fire elem can be defeated by ballista (i don't remember other weapon).

Was not possible to 1 shot them, but possible to kill them before they sunk the ship.

Question to "I have an answer to everything" PIERCIEVAL : why devs moved this mechanic and let a trash mob with god mode on?

Why a trash mob (difficult is not really the problem) on the way to the BOSS of the area is harder than the boss himself?

I am able to avoid them or pull them away my way to Hydra or Drake, but it's a nonsense and you should not have an answer to that...

I love and i hate this game in same time. It could be so much better if....

Maybe because that’s how Wildcard works? In ARK every boss is easy af, the part leading up to it is the annoying and difficult part. Not even mentioning that a fire elemental is.. well.. an elemental so to be able to kill it with a ballista is a bit ridiculous. But that wasn’t my whole point. My point was that they are easy to avoid and the chances of getting killed by one (unless you have broken legs) are little to none. So why there’s even a question about it is beyond me. Maybe they should make a water catapult to counter that thing, but other than that. 

I'd say, yes, the elementals are easy to avoid on their own. I agree with that. If there was a powerstone island where there were only elementals to avoid, i'd take it any day over the ones where there are elementals + lions, leatherwings, wolves, etc. etc.

The point is, it only takes one or two elementals to turn a boss hunt into an underwear marathon. 🤣

Basically almost every powerstone island is like this:

"Alright John, you take a flintlock and bullets and kite the hydra/drake to our ass cannon boat. The rest of us 20 guys will run naked and distract the elementals and everything else."

It's 99% perseverance and 1% quality of gameplay. Now I totally understand why people not bothering with powerstones at all, because for someone like me who has shown incredible patience in regards to doing these islands, I for one can attest to how tedious the whole thing is and it's barely or next to nothing in terms of fun.

im playing sinngle player and sttarting to do powerstones soon, any tips on whatt powerstones islands is best to solo,and what monsters are easiest.

3 hours ago, Keksimus Maximus said:

I'd say, yes, the elementals are easy to avoid on their own. I agree with that. If there was a powerstone island where there were only elementals to avoid, i'd take it any day over the ones where there are elementals + lions, leatherwings, wolves, etc. etc.

The point is, it only takes one or two elementals to turn a boss hunt into an underwear marathon. 🤣

Basically almost every powerstone island is like this:

"Alright John, you take a flintlock and bullets and kite the hydra/drake to our ass cannon boat. The rest of us 20 guys will run naked and distract the elementals and everything else."

It's 99% perseverance and 1% quality of gameplay. Now I totally understand why people not bothering with powerstones at all, because for someone like me who has shown incredible patience in regards to doing these islands, I for one can attest to how tedious the whole thing is and it's barely or next to nothing in terms of fun.

Exaggerating is a hobby. 

@HARTSIA :

Hydra can be defeated solo with a schooner + rear medium or small cannons, or ballistas (small cannon + canister shot > all but hydra too close to the ship, medium cannon safer)

You can also kill her naked with a bow and loooooooot of arrows ^^, you just have to find a good place higher than her and stuck her below.

But solo, if you never try Golden age ruins before, you might not get there and disgust yourself.

I think the best way to a solo player is to find other players (solo or company) and plan a ride with them (create an alliance is a good way).

We did that with a solo player who never wanted to join a company, we planned Hydra, Drake, Kraken, Yeti with him, he came with his ship, animals and stuff, it was pretty fun.

Drake is harder solo, it resets when he is not hit a certain time. But this fight is a lot of fun when it is drawn to a ship, it sets fire everywhere it's great!

There are also some tips :

- kill the boss gives you an artifact (directly in the inventory), whether you participate in combat or not, you just need to be in the area (maybe fighting music).

- Artifact is only valid for a certain time, but is not restricted to a golden ruin. You can loot your artifact in C6 and use it in F8 with a fast ship and the good wind.

- the artifact is not nominative, if you have people in your company who can come for the kill, you can have several artifacts to try to validate in the cave (sometimes the cave is very difficult and you can lose your artifact).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Perceval for being mean yesterday, I was in a bad mood and I saw several of your answers on different posts that seemed a little rough (not sure it's the right word).

The fact that you do not outbid shows me that I may have been excessive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Keksimus Maximus said:

I quite agree, not every time, but I have already experienced this situation.

And the ultimate: the person on the ship who must shoot the drake/hydra misses his shot, reset, try again!

Edited by Nordist
  • Like 1