Bitroaster

Coming back aft one year.. played 10 Minutes: 2 Bugers

Hello again, 

after one year absence from Atlas I decided to give it another go. I joined a non-dedicated server of a friend. I died within minutes because of these 2 Bugs:

1. It was freezing cold. He gave me a coat. I couldn't wear it because it needed some expertise skill !?!

come on! needing a skill to wear a coat? I understand that u need some knowledge to craft it. But for only wearing it against the cold ? Get real people.

Everyone can wear a coat no matter his ability to craft one.

2. Then I was standing next to a blazing grill. Still dying of cold.  Obviously the Grill doesn't radiate any warmth at all. A campfire does. 

Not a  good start. I think you guys need another year to cover even the basics. 

And another one: get the aging sorted. Sync it to the actual ingame day/night cycle. aging 90 years in 30 days is just ridiculous.

Please. This game could be the great cash cow you crave so much, if you just cared to fix it.

Where did the PC-Bug forum go? btw.

Edited by Bitroaster

You are, of course right. I never played atlas before and i don't know what a skill tree or even a fireplace is. I am idiot after all. My apologies for wasting your time. I wasnt adressing thee thou.

7 hours ago, Mctoozle said:

These are not bugs. You are being idiotic.

3 hours ago, SeroJ said:

pretty sure the OP has never played Atlas lol

It’s clear the forums aren’t the place to attract returning or new players to the game. It’s clear you want to remain salty bitches in an overcooked stew pot.

don't think he's new, but go ahead, ask him what type of "coat" someone gave him

I suggest spawning in a temperate Freeport as close as possible to your friend. Ask your friend to sail to your location and while you're waiting work on crafting the basics that you need, level up and spend points on fortitude to increase temp resistance. 

1 hour ago, SeroJ said:

don't think he's new, but go ahead, ask him what type of "coat" someone gave him

“Oh look an inexperienced player refers to items of clothing differently to what the game calls it, let belittle them”

Oh no, we have another idiot on the forums. First of all, you need skills to wear BP shit, it isn’t a bug it is intended. The second one can be a thing if you’re in the polar or tundra yes. I’m not sure if you would survive in real life if it was -30 and you’re standing next to a grill. 

Because your brain is fully working to comprehend it’s own failure, you have forgotten that this game is still in early access. Meaning bugs can and will happen, you forgot about that part. 

Edit; Not sure why you would bitch about the aging. Evidently going to an island once every 30 days is too much to ask for our highness. 

Edited by Percieval

While i fully understand the rage and hate aimed at the noob idiot(300hrs ingame,lvl 52 on public, thx)-after all the toxic community is here from day one- i didnt ask for advice how to survive.i  was really asking a question, though.

Where did the PC Bug forum go?

Thx for sharing insights anyway.

Naturally the trolls hate everything. I really loved this game for a long time and i hope it gets on track eventually. 

@Muppetish appreciated

@Cap’n Ro thx. I said coat by purpose. Of course it was a mythic piece of fur armor. But my point is. Even while i should be denied the special armor buffs until i have the skill.it should still double as a plain coat against the cold for everyone. In my eyes a concept flaw/bug.

• Like 1

yeah so he isn't new, he's trolling and trying to report things that aren't bugs.

looks like we nailed it.

2 hours ago, SeroJ said:

yeah so he isn't new,

what gave me away? was it the title of the topic "Coming back after one year.." ?! dang. got me there. 

@SeroJ if it doesn't kill you. can you answer the question for this poor noob idiot. where did the PC Bug forum go ? 

On 4/2/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bitroaster said:

Hello again, 

after one year absence from Atlas I decided to give it another go. I joined a non-dedicated server of a friend. I died within minutes because of these 2 Bugs:

Howdy Bit. Seems like an unfortunate set of circumstances you were in. 

The high age can be a benefit to you. There's no penalty for being old, but you can go to the fountain of youth to reset your age and get permanent bonuses.

As for the furs, you should be able to wear common furs at level 1 unless I'm mistakened. Did your friend give you a higher quality like fine or higher? Those require a set of skills to wear them.

All I can tell you is that starting out again is always a pain filled with so many irritations. Stick with it though, it'll only get better as you gain tames, items, ships, and gold. 

Edited by Pain pain
Typos

17 hours ago, Bitroaster said:

what gave me away? was it the title of the topic "Coming back after one year.." ?! dang. got me there. 

@SeroJ if it doesn't kill you. can you answer the question for this poor noob idiot. where did the PC Bug forum go ? 

You can still post PC Bug Reports here:  https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/forum/75-bug-reports/

The XBox part is a sub-forum that was added for the XBox launch.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, Bitroaster said:

While i fully understand the rage and hate aimed at the noob idiot(300hrs ingame,lvl 52 on public, thx)-after all the toxic community is here from day one- i didnt ask for advice how to survive.i  was really asking a question, though.

Where did the PC Bug forum go?

Thx for sharing insights anyway.

Naturally the trolls hate everything. I really loved this game for a long time and i hope it gets on track eventually. 

@Muppetish appreciated

@Cap’n Ro thx. I said coat by purpose. Of course it was a mythic piece of fur armor. But my point is. Even while i should be denied the special armor buffs until i have the skill.it should still double as a plain coat against the cold for everyone. In my eyes a concept flaw/bug.

Toxic community? If you act like an idiot on the internet, people will tell you. Being toxic is saying bad stuff about or to someone even though he doesn’t do anything. And if you have 300 hours then you shouldn’t have made this thread since you would know your shit. Unless all you did is look at your own poop for 300 hours. 

I think I need to explain the purpose of this thread. 

While I am happy that there are still supporting players trying to give advice and positive critics this wasn't a cry for help.

It's not that I don't understand skill trees. I know those beginning from the days as RPGs were still played by pen and paper. 

It's not that I don't know how to play and survive atlas from scratch to levels 50+

I tried to communicate on the two examples how this game, EA or not, is still lacking the basics of fun gameplay. 

I like games that work. If I do some perfectly logical things and end up with a illogical result, It's a bug. conceptually or codewise.

If I can save myself from cold with a tiny little pile of burning sticks aka "campfire" BUT i can't keep me warm in a ships cabin with a blazing heart that radiates light throughout the ship but NO WARMTH, its a bug. period.

Same goes for dying of cold with a full set of fur clothes in my hands(mythic or not) that  I cannot put on because I don't know how to USE/create  the garment.

I don't demand +30% mumbojumbo on each stat and whatnot the armor offers if properly put to service by the GM Tailor. I expect cover against cold. thats all. 

How many of you guys sitting before the screens reading this are expert tailors? can you craft the t-shirts and sneakers you wear ?

Yes it's a game. yes it's got its own rules. but games ought to be fun. It's no fun doing the right thing and getting treated as if it was wrong. 

How many of you think"its great, I cannot use a grill to keep me warm. a campfire on a ships planks it is!!" and "hey awesome it's a coat for the tailor-GM only,  that's far too complicated to put on" ?

Cold + coat + fire = warm. that's it. basics. 

And yes its Early access. meaning it's still in development. meaning it's playable, the basics are in place, content and bugfixes ensue.

I'm ok with that.  I was only looking for a place to file these bugs, so that they can be fixed. 

@Jerryn Thanks for answering the real question.

@Percieval you never got it. 

You are entitled to post here whether you have the game or not, it is a public forum. If they wanted it for Atlas players only it would have been locked opened via purchase of the game. Don't know what the fuss is about, people don't like it move along and don't read.

welp, just because you don't like the skill tree, that doesn't mean it's a bug dude.

and since i love feeding trolls,

exactly what pen and paper rpg are you playing that has gear without stat, class, race, or skill requirements? lol

55 minutes ago, SeroJ said:

exactly what pen and paper rpg are you playing that has gear without stat, class, race, or skill requirements? lol

Exactly my point. Now we're getting there. As I said earlier. While those restrictions (class/race/lvl) should apply for all the fighting related abilities and specs. Every gamemaster I know would consent that one can use the gear for environmental protection purposes without gaining the AC, THAC0,  reg, etc. In case of an lvl 1 mage using metal plated fur armor, it would nullify his ability to cast spells or even prevent movement faster than a crawl due to weight but he could put it on regardless to keep him from freezing. 

For me these so called survival games are most fun if they give you the opportunity to use logic to survive. Obviously people here mostly think different. 

At least you seem to agree on the heating/fire bug.

Edited by Bitroaster

I'm not sure how to respond to this from a role playing game fundamental via D&D. It just seems that the complaints that you have are misplaced. 

As a newspawn you should have newspawn furs. As an old age, nothing has changed other than looking old.

There are so many other things in Atlas that are borderline gamebreaking that we all deal with daily, yet you choose the most trivial non-issue things to complain about.

If these very small issues bother you, you'll be utterly destroyed when you come across the myriad of actual bugs, glitches, and unbalances. This is why, I believe, you are raking in the toxicity of strongly seasoned players. It's not the validity of your post content. It's the irrelevence of it.

Edited by Pain pain
  • Like 1

@Pain painYeah! I guess you're right. There is still a lot to do here. The Buglist seems endless. I just randomly picked the next two things coming my way after one year of absence. The aging is a nice feature, but totally overdone. Why not sync it to ingame day/night cycles? I think doing the FOY Quest once a year is enough.  However there aren't too many quests yet. 

I think I wouldn't have bothered if I wasn't so desperately looking for a proper pirate game.

Atlas has such potential in my eyes. If there only were enough devs assigned.  Just imagine, Sid Meyers "Pirates!" meeting Ascarons "Port Royale", player built and run cities, add the player driven economy with ingame auctions like in LOTRO. Maybe a faction system like in "Freelancer" or "Privateer" . Add  taverns,  wenches, more ships, less Ark, arrh ..oh just let me dream.....

Edited by Bitroaster
found an error

1 hour ago, Bitroaster said:

Atlas has such potential in my eyes. If there only were enough devs assigned.  

This ^^^

Edited by Pain pain

Anyone can use any item if it is of Basic quality. If the item is of a higher quality, then you need a skill to use it.

Umm nah it's pretty balanced.

2 or 3 thousand hours in pvp soloing now.

Grills definitely generate warmth.

I don't agree with anything you've said, you contradict yourself consistently, and are either too much of a troll, or mentally... ahem... to answer a question with a straight answer