Sunnysmoke

Pvp sharks frenzy idiots killing this game

The thing killing this game is idiots preying on new players ppl that have a few farming tames and a 3x3 base just getting started if you want pvp let them grow so you get it don't wipe them out in 30 seconds so they quit just dumb 

• Like 2

Just get a refund while you still can.

If you are either

• just starting out
  • or you don't have a full tribe of 50 people
  • or both of the above

this game is clearly not made for you.

Also, if you ever need to log out for more than 30 minutes, EVER, be prepared for having to start all over again every time.

Hate the game, not the players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's right. People are like that. With no rules enforced, man turns to beast. There's nothing preventing wipes or hyperagressive playstiles. There is no real story and after some weeks you have done all there is to do. Now kids stand around, max level, mythic gear, and plenty of time. So its kill on sight and wiping whatever pops up. They're bored. and sadly that is the game after some time, just boring. And on top of that even if you don't get wiped by players you still get wiped by decay if you don't visit your stuff regularly. Only because they don't find a proper property management and can't solve abandonment. Even gold decays(just muse on this:"decaying gold") or ships. All gone in 2 weeks off. This game needs working devs and caring admins or it will die.

Edited by Bitroaster
  • Like 2

Apologies sir.

Next time I intend to attack a structure I will hire a private investigator to learn the players history.  Only once I know this person is a savy veteran will I attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing killing this game is that exact mentality. You can tell if someone has progressed by the ship, base, crew. For nearly 3 weeks I have done the same thing, farm matts, build schooner little hut,  go sleep get wiped by level 50+ in a fucking galleon. Like ark, they don't want your stuff, it's shit compared to what they already have, they just want you restarting again and again and again. Fun is it, some pc player running god knows what fps running you around. Level 56 on a level 9. Yeah great fun. My refund is coming, either through xbox or my bank. I don't care how but I can get a full refund as it was bought on my card. Tired of putting in tickets for you inbred lot to sit in your office posting pics of you with pencils up your noses on Twitter. Typical yank mentality. You had a chance to make a truly iconic game, one that could live for nearly a decade like gta. But your either lazy or incompetent and sadly I can't figure out which. 

• Like 1

You CAN play this game solo. FInd a nitch somewhere - be it a settler, in lawless, on an unclaimed island...

Talk to people. Most big tribes are helpful. Sail into an area, see who has it claimed and talk to them. If you tell them you are just starting out and want to know if you can be a settler you might make a friend or two. Being a settler means there are only 9 hours a day people can attack you. Find an island that fits your play time the best. Most griefers won't touch large company islands because they are afraid of blow-back. You can also hide in lawless for a LONG time if you keep your footprint small and use freeport to park your ship. That is what I did until I could get established. I got raided once and lost nearly a full brig of parts, learned some lessons, changed my approach. Grew, expanded, had fun!

Sure there are people that grief, but that is part of the game. We swim in waters with sharks because it is exciting.

Don't give up. The game is a lot of fun. It might get boring after 2000 hours but that is a LOT of fun that you can have until then. I am around 500 hours myself as a novice player and still having a blast.

Don't expect to just plop down a building in L9 and find it standing tomorrow. Enter the game. Become part of the community. There is a lot of fun to be had.

If you want more in-depth advice on bootstrapping yourself, hit me up on discord: Apothecary#5958.

• Like 3

Soloing for damn near all of the 1500 hours logged right now.

Had the same brig for almost.. 2 months now? A month and a half?

Have tames, etc.

It's definitely doable.

get out of lawless its not for noobs you building in lawless means you consent to this. go be a settler with someone that can help you get on your feet you will be glad you did. and the thing killing the game is private servers. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2020 at 4:47 AM, Wak3ful said:

The thing killing this game is that exact mentality. You can tell if someone has progressed by the ship, base, crew. For nearly 3 weeks I have done the same thing, farm matts, build schooner little hut,  go sleep get wiped by level 50+ in a fucking galleon. Like ark, they don't want your stuff, it's shit compared to what they already have, they just want you restarting again and again and again. Fun is it, some pc player running god knows what fps running you around. Level 56 on a level 9. Yeah great fun. My refund is coming, either through xbox or my bank. I don't care how but I can get a full refund as it was bought on my card. Tired of putting in tickets for you inbred lot to sit in your office posting pics of you with pencils up your noses on Twitter. Typical yank mentality. You had a chance to make a truly iconic game, one that could live for nearly a decade like gta. But your either lazy or incompetent and sadly I can't figure out which. 

There's always PVE... I mean if you can't stand the heat and all.  Either way the only thing you have really lost is time, regardless of the outcome.

with regard to your cultural bigotry, perhaps someone in your country can produce a more suitable game for you to play?

Edited by Pattus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, user1 said:

this game is clearly not made for you.

Also, if you ever need to log out for more than 30 minutes, EVER, be prepared for having to start all over again every time.

This isn't just hyperbole.  It's the truth.  Survival games that allow you to lose everything, and have such a large disparity between new players and veterans, are not for casual players.  99% of players are casual players, whether they like that or not.

What this game needs is to fulfill what we saw in the original trailer.  For that to happen, you need PvE on land, and PvP at sea.  In other words, Ship vs Ship.

Green anchored ships should be invulnerable.

Thousands of former Atlas players are now playing Last Oasis, and say they aren't coming back.  It has MORE PvP, but it is also more enjoyable.  No full wipes because you upload walkers (ships) to the lobby.  You only risk what you take into battle.  Crafting bases pack up in the blink of an eye onto a walker, and are then uploaded to a lobby.  And there is no large disparity between players.  Last Oasis is quickly becoming the most popular game in this genre.  Atlas will need to adapt or die.  Most people are tired of full wipe games because most people don't have 70 hours per week to play the game.

All of my former Atlas friends are playing Last Oasis, and keep asking me to join.  I am seriously thinking about it.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:58 PM, Pattus said:

There's always PVE... I mean if you can't stand the heat and all.  Either way the only thing you have really lost is time, regardless of the outcome.

This game never should have had base defense as part of the game.  The focus should have been on PvP at sea.  Sadly, I experience way more land PvP, and most of my play time was dedicated to building for land defense, and taming/breeding for land PvP.

There was a large non-official server that had 3 types of grids.  PvP, PvE, and SvS(Ship vs Ship).  People were spread evenly across all three types.  They decided to go to one type, and put up a poll to see what people wanted.  SvS won big.   If I were to do this in official, I would put a limit on how big you can build.  I would bring back those claim flags but with a change.  I would create 3 types, and limit how many you have.  Increase the size of the old sea claim, and allow one per grid.  Create a home base flag, and allow one per grid.  This would be the size of the old sea claim.  Then allow one outpost claim on each island in the grid that does not have a home base flag.  These would be the size of the old land claim flags.  Those flags would be accompanied by a sea claim flag of the same size.  This to allow green anchoring at your outposts.

Structures in the land claim flag area are invulnerable.  Anything build outside of them are not protected.  Ships green anchored inside of a sea claim would be invulnerable.  30 minutes to green anchor at a home port sea claim, and 60 minutes at an outpost.

Everything else is PvP rules.  You would still want port defenses to protect ships that are not green anchored  In other words, you were chased to a port to save your ship..you need defenses to fight the ships trying to sink the ship you just anchored.

This removes the need, and ability to spam structures all over an island.  It also provides remedy for those trying to grief using structures, since anything build outside of a claim area, can be destroyed, and you can't build on somebody else's claim.

Next, reduce the disparity between new and old players.

• 100% = Common 
  • 105% = Fine
  • 110% = Journeyman
  • 115% = Masterwork
  • 120% = Legendary
  • 125% = Mythical

Or, the game can continue to be noob-hostile, and continue to shrink in player numbers.

Last Oasis:

• far more popular than Atlas.
  • No large disparity between players or walkers
  • less grindy resource gathering
  • no wipes
  • no risk of equipment while offline
  • you only risk what you take into battle
  • crafting base packs up in the blink of an eye and is stored on the walker.  If the walker is uploaded to the lobby, the walker, crafting base, and everything stored on it, is safe.
  • cannot upload to the lobby while in combat.

In other words, a Ship vs Ship game mode in Atlas would draw a lot of people back to the game.  You could retain the full PvP for those who like that.  My guess is that it would not be very popular, just like the Empires server wasn't.

I did suggest this to a friend who is playing Last Oasis right now, and he said it's too late.  He thinks it's over for Atlas, because they didn't listen to the players, and the Devs of Last Oasis did.  I disagree.  Give the people what they want, and they will play.  Most do not want to spend their time defending bases, and risking being wiped, offlined, etc...

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 2:52 PM, user1 said:

No no... it's quite opposite, hate the players, not the game. 😄

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 10:17 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I did suggest this to a friend who is playing Last Oasis right now, and he said it's too late.  He thinks it's over for Atlas, because they didn't listen to the players, and the Devs of Last Oasis did.  I disagree.  Give the people what they want, and they will play.  Most do not want to spend their time defending bases, and risking being wiped, offlined, etc...

Oh, your friend said this? Then, it must be true!

You have forgot to mention that a base pack timer will be introduced soon, so one person hitting the wall of your base with bare hands is enough to prevent the uploading until his friends arrive, you also have forgotten to mention that due to server issues, LO has already lost 30% of the players, and you also forgot to mention that LO is absolutely about non stop grinding ressources, unless you want to run around with common stuff.

1 hour ago, Dingiva said:

Oh, your friend said this? Then, it must be true!

You have forgot to mention that a base pack timer will be introduced soon, so one person hitting the wall of your base with bare hands is enough to prevent the uploading until his friends arrive, you also have forgotten to mention that due to server issues, LO has already lost 30% of the players, and you also forgot to mention that LO is absolutely about non stop grinding ressources, unless you want to run around with common stuff.

You forgot to mention that most of the Megas from Atlas are there.  You also failed to mention that Atlas had server issues in the beginning that cost the game way more than 30% of the player base.  What MMO hasn't had server issues in the beginning?

Also, in your attempt to be sarcastic, you missed the point.  I did finally join LO, and it was only my second day last night.  We discussed Atlas.  The sentiments of my  friend were echoed by the other players in the group, and others in the Alliance on Discord.  Atlas is a great concept, but poor execution.  It is very unfriendly to noobs.  The highest level in LO is 60, and in two days, I am already level 35.  I am also not forced to create my character to fight, or craft.  There, I don't feel like I am at the mercy of those who have 70 hours a week to put into the game.

I do wish Atlas would create a Ship vs Ship official server.  If they did, I would come back.  I personally think the ship battles in Atlas are epic, and this is what the game should be about.  Not about defending bases.  The Devs said they wanted to take Atlas out of the Shadow of ARK.  To do that, you have to make the game about being at sea, and fighting at sea...not putting most of your efforts into building and defending bases.  The only thing base defense should be for, is harbor defense, so that if somebody is chased back to home port, they can defend the ship until it is green anchored, and thus invincible.

I got tired of logging in to find that somebody had done a harbor run on us, and destroyed my ship while I was offline.  Got tired of most of my efforts going to building and defending bases.

My second day in Atlas, and already involved in a huge fight involving many Walkers, both large and small (ships).  And even the smaller walkers such as a Spider, were useful...very useful.

If I had my choice, Atlas would be changed to Ship vs Ship, and that would be my preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

This game never should have had base defense as part of the game.  The focus should have been on PvP at sea.  Sadly, I experience way more land PvP, and most of my play time was dedicated to building for land defense, and taming/breeding for land PvP.

I agree,  maybe the answer is you put a claim flag down, anywhere.  And that generates a fully functional generic base with everything you need in it.  That base becomes invulnerable.  There would have to be some limit on storage.

Pvp if done right is fun. glory, fame and fortune in battle to be won. Take on an  worthy opponent, win or loose. Arrh!!

Offline raiding ain't pvp. Its just breaking things. Like dumb kids do.

KOS of noobs=there is no honor in slaughter.

Man up or play dumb. All up to you.

• Like 1

Honestly, I've never been able to play an open pvp game on an official server without murderhobos crippling what it could become. There are a sizeable number of roaming reavers that do not seek the challenge and glory of pvp. They seek to hunt the weak and feast upon their tears.

There is another group that strategically attacks the weak to keep them weak. Ensuring that they never rise to become a threat or sometimes as leverage to get them to join the larger group like some form of empire. This is more legitimate but still annoying as hell.

Losing a ship or a base has a cost, and it does drive an avoidance of fair fights. But some people are just jerks and it's hard to fix that without harming the spirit of the game.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Green anchored ships should be invulnerable.

Hey this is actually a good idea!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:20 PM, RedWolfxD said:

Hey this is actually a good idea!

No this is pure shit. You comeback with ideas which have already been discuss multiple times during previous seasons. If green anchored ships are invulnerable, it means invulnerable FOB during an attack EVEN DURING PEACE PHASE if you use your galleon as a fob for example.

Please people, think twice before posting anything on this forum because devs are reading the shit you are posting here. So don't come with ideas if you are not sure it will  balance the game for good.

3 weeks ago, in the "feedback and suggestions" forum rubric, a guy suggested to use barrel bomb out of cannons and catapults because he though barrels were not enough usable in the game. Here we are now....

So if you have no idea what you are saying, if you just play the game with less than 3 or 4k hours and don"t know anyhing about it, please, avoid posting any suggestion regarding PVP atleast because devs might be able to listen to you and introduce your suggestion in the next patch without even consult the playerbase who know the game and could be able to determine if the idea is good or dumb.

THX

Edited by Atalli

Well, point taken. But it would be enough to make ships within an owned claim invulnerable. So no FOB and no grief. I think problems are mostly about and around offline aggressions. 

Think this sums.it up.and why I won't be playing and also the reason a know a clan 30 players stopped as well aim as similar exp. Chatted to a.level 120 player Iam a beginner no stuff or armour , killed me took all my stuff even though it was low gear then blew up my base bit by bit untill not a lot left then spawned killed my so I had to quit . This toxic attitude is what's wrong with the game . Shame, loved PvP and big base battles this is a joke . Rip.atlas as I fear it will.be.no more at this rate just clans left no one to kill any more 😭

Tell me about it... I got captured and put in a cage with a friend. The people who captured us are calling us n-words in the voice chat and are refusing to let us out unless we Venmo them money. I usually play this game to escape real life. Honestly don’t mind being caged up. Happened in Ark to me a few times. But this is just sad that you play a game to escape the real world and people are still calling you an n-word in the game and trying to take money from you. 

29 minutes ago, Matty2timez said:

Tell me about it... I got captured and put in a cage with a friend. The people who captured us are calling us n-words in the voice chat and are refusing to let us out unless we Venmo them money. I usually play this game to escape real life. Honestly don’t mind being caged up. Happened in Ark to me a few times. But this is just sad that you play a game to escape the real world and people are still calling you an n-word in the game and trying to take money from you. 

If this is happening, you need to record whatever you can and open a support ticket:  https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/support-tickets/

There are two items there, that would appear to be against the CoC: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/