ATLAS

ATLAS Patch: v405.9

What a friggin joke this is.

Seriously this game is headed towards the dark and light....abandoned

Not worth the time following these clowns anymore or modding there trash if they are going to continually do nothing,

Wow lol, so long since the last patch and this is it? Clearly this is what giving up looks like lol. Haven't been playing but have been constantly watching the updates to see if things would change enough to bring back players, but I'm giving up too now lol.

Nice to see you are still around lol.  Thanks for the update.  Now give us 3x everything for the weekend lol

Tbh if Atlas does end up failing, i'll be so gutted. Not because of how much i've spent on it because i've had my money's worth many times over in the last year. No, i'll be gutted because of how much potential this game has got, with a dedicated dev team Atlas could be amazing, imo it already outshines ark anyway. Some of us on this forum have been playing since release and we still do, I think that says a lot for how far this game could and should go.

• Like 1

This actually took 2 months to achieve.
And this game is meant to be finished by the end of the year? But going by genesis standards I doubt it'll matter to anyone if the game is released in an uncompleted bug infested state.

Just wishing I could get my dedicated server back online... Server is up and running on the dedicated equipment... Just will not show up in the server list... even though it was there yesterday.

We are running the latest version of the game, used SteamCmd to update.. just sitting and spinning.  Anyone else have issues?

"Unable to query server info for invite."  - Server is running, and ports are opened.. nothing changed, but the update being released.

Whomever posted this update: We appreciate the communication. Was needed as we were feeling a bit abandoned. Stuff happens and I know those who post updates for us are not where frustrated replies should be directed. I am sure whats been going on behind the scenes is beyond your control, so rather than beat ya’ll down further, thanks for not giving up. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day there have been people who have used this forum to make personal and abusive remarks towards the devs and I can understand they would not even rise to answer them. However there are a lot of us who are supporters of the game but are now getting to the point of struggling to play Atlas as much anymore and we have been playing since release. The bottom line is we don't want Atlas to fail. I  understand that the devs have Ark to do as well as atlas, but personally I believe that it's like having your own children, you feed your own before you feed someone else's, or at least equally. And if you can't do that let someone else take over the parenting. Nobody can get criticized if they give a project 100% and it still fails. And I still say Atlas is better than ark.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, EmperorDragon said:

But anyway, still great to see a new update just a day after I got the game. The game is clearly not dead as many claim.

You are kidding, right? That is not an update. Its a joke. It is about as useful as adding a new skin for cats. There is clearly no one left that can do any development whatsoever. That is a leftover staff or intern sitting around with a "programming for dummies" book trying to edit a few lines of code.

why is it that there is only coming new patches to pvp. What about pve ? when does there com something to us who like play pve we can't use this patch to fuck shit

Edited by Ardwolf

On 4/2/2020 at 5:49 AM, JoeyKray said:

It was a 1.4gb update for me. 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:41 AM, EmperorDragon said:

Yes, a friend of mine just checked as well and it's the same. 1.4GB download, on PC.

SAMEEEE

On 4/3/2020 at 4:35 AM, Whitehawk said:

At the end of the day there have been people who have used this forum to make personal and abusive remarks towards the devs and I can understand they would not even rise to answer them. However there are a lot of us who are supporters of the game but are now getting to the point of struggling to play Atlas as much anymore and we have been playing since release. The bottom line is we don't want Atlas to fail. I  understand that the devs have Ark to do as well as atlas, but personally I believe that it's like having your own children, you feed your own before you feed someone else's, or at least equally. And if you can't do that let someone else take over the parenting. Nobody can get criticized if they give a project 100% and it still fails. And I still say Atlas is better than ark.

Some people weren’t allowed to feed their children. Cause a patch was pushed with no warning 😂. Jk.jk. 

I’m not concerned about the slow progress cause I agree with alot of what you said.

But the COMMUNICATION between these devs and the community is atrocious. I love the game. You love the game. We all love the game. But we should all still agree about the terrible communication or lack thereof and it needs to be fixed. People want to feel heard by the ones that bought the game.

• Like 1

no fix on bola'd animals auto attacking constantly

no fix on not being able to rez on a ship that has a bed

no fix on bluetooth headphones not working in game

no fix on a whole bunch of other bugs that dont come to mind because i uninstalled due to the lack of competence on the part of the development team and the obvious lack of caring from the management. 

You think posting a DO NOTHING update that does not address any of the REAL bugs in this game is going to appease a disgruntled user base think again.  You should be posting bug fix progress in here every day.  What bugs are being worked on, what bugs have been fixed and are to be released in the next patch.  Confidence in your commitment to this game is not simply lacking, its utterly non existent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am happy they are updating the game

but on Xbox solo it still crashes every 10-15 mins

so even tho it’s getting updated I can’t play it is this still happening to anyone else or is it just me?

Can you play coop/split screen on the same xbox console like you can in Ark survival evolved? If not, will there be an update for that in the future?

On 4/4/2020 at 12:38 PM, Grongash said:

You are kidding, right? That is not an update. Its a joke. It is about as useful as adding a new skin for cats. There is clearly no one left that can do any development whatsoever. That is a leftover staff or intern sitting around with a "programming for dummies" book trying to edit a few lines of code.

Well, I received the game as a gift so I can't complain. For a player like me, Atlas is a godsend. It would be great if the devs come back to flesh it out and finish it once they're done with Genesis. This update, with it's lack of bugfixes, is a good sign regardless.

The thing is, outside of the variety of MMOs, there haven't been a new pirate/sailing game in ages. We've been stuck on the old Sea Dogs games for two decades and it's great to finally have something new. Definitely gonna spread the word, the Sea Dogs/Storm engine games had their fair share of bugs and issues as well so, it won't be that difficult to adapt.

Playing online is fun but, we could do with an additional official server or two to clear up some claimable land for newcomers. Either way, I found that singleplayer and private co-op servers is where this game really shines.

1 hour ago, EmperorDragon said:

Well, I received the game as a gift so I can't complain. For a player like me, Atlas is a godsend. It would be great if the devs come back to flesh it out and finish it once they're done with Genesis. This update, with it's lack of bugfixes, is a good sign regardless.

The thing is, outside of the variety of MMOs, there haven't been a new pirate/sailing game in ages. We've been stuck on the old Sea Dogs games for two decades and it's great to finally have something new. Definitely gonna spread the word, the Sea Dogs/Storm engine games had their fair share of bugs and issues as well so, it won't be that difficult to adapt.

Playing online is fun but, we could do with an additional official server or two to clear up some claimable land for newcomers. Either way, I found that singleplayer and private co-op servers is where this game really shines.

You should give "last Oasis" a shot. It honestly is all Atlas could have been. And they actually have people developing.

1 hour ago, Grongash said:

You should give "last Oasis" a shot. It honestly is all Atlas could have been. And they actually have people developing.

It doesn't have offline play by the looks of it. Not really age of sail either but, it does look interesting. Will keep it in mind when I'm looking for an MMO fix again. Thanks for the heads-up.

But that's also exactly what makes Atlas so appealing and unique. It's an age of sail game that can also be played offline, something we haven't seen in a terribly long time. As mentioned, the last worthwhile age of sail game - that's not another pure MMO - is the Sea Dogs series of games (also known as PotC and Age of Pirates) but, the Storm engine they are made on is from the late 90s. There has been nothing that could successfully scratch that age of sail itch until Atlas came along.

Missed opportunity really, devs had something unique on their hands and neglected it in favour of doing more of the same elsewhere. And Genesis is not really receiving praise either so they shot themselves in both feet in the end.

2 hours ago, EmperorDragon said:

Missed opportunity really, devs had something unique on their hands and neglected it in favour of doing more of the same elsewhere. And Genesis is not really receiving praise either so they shot themselves in both feet in the end.

100% agree with you there. Big potential wasted 😕

Last Oasis will have private Servers soon as well!

It's a pity there is no significant improvment on loot on SotD. Yesterday, on EU PVE server, I've sunk a lvl 60 Galleon of the Damned and I got no mythical BP, neither cannon BP! Moreover, we constantly get as many swivel or ballista BPs as cannon ones. 

These jokes are really not amusing.

I give my opinion but it would not be bad to have a water quality a little equal to sea of thieve game. Then, to give the possibility to the player to pay with a little ready gold whatever he wishes because it's still a pirate game. The game is in beta and we should try to go in this direction to see if it would attract other players ... and please, that we can modify his character in a complete way, limit makes a system like sea of thieve for the personnalization because it's ugly to see a character very small + fat + long leg .... thanks for reading and sorry for my english, this google translate !

• Haha 1

Did they ever fix ships being obliterated after game crashes when crossing into another grid? I quit because of this. Took lot of time to make ship then boom gone instantly after relogging 

Not familiar with this community so I’ll just ask here. Love the game so far by wtf is there no towns or anything on Blackwood. It says there is and I’ve seen it in videos but I looked on single player, my private server and other servers. There’s no Freeport’s or anything but the mermaid city(very annoying). Is it bugged? 

Yeah there are plenty of freeports around, not very populated mind you. Isalnd on top right of map has a really nice freeport town, sorta oriental.