ATLAS

ATLAS Patch: v405.9

Ahoy Pathfinders, 

:anchor: News from the Cabin :anchor:

First and foremost, we’d like to thank you all for your continued support of the game. We know it’s been an arduous journey and we’re very grateful to you for sticking through us through all the storms and chaos. It’s been a while since our last post and today we’d like to give you a brief update. The future of ATLAS is packed full of adventure! Our plan is to continue to update the game with many patches, varying from; massive new features, new items, bug fixes, balance changes, and quality of life improvements. 

Today we’ll be rolling out a new major version. This will include a new item for ship combat, some balance changes, quality of life improvements, as well as miscellaneous bug fixes and updates.

:anchor: LATEST Patch NOTES :anchor:

NEW Item: Ballista Flame bolt

- Sets fire to sails
- Can hit a sail with multiple bolts and add multiple fire buffs
- Fire can be extinguished by Olfend (or a bucket if you can get one up there)
- Fire can be extinguished by fully closing the sail
- Fire buff will not stick during rain or snow
- Fire bolts can also set fires on other structures, creatures, and the ground (and will damage the mast if hit there instead of the sail)

Balance Changes

- Decreased oil jar weight
- Increased torch damage
- Increased flame arrow damage

Quality of Life Changes

- Added Ship Heading indicator on the map when on captain's wheel
- Improved skill tree search UI when using a gamepad
- Skill tree: When searching for craftables, you now see ALL results, even if you have not unlocked a craftable. Double-click to go to the skill in the tree
- Olfend: added water capacity numbers over droplets icon for extended HUD info, so the rider can see water quantity
- Added item descriptions with helpful gameplay-relevant info (the first batch includes 80 items, more to come in future patches)

Bug Fixes & Misc

- Main menu exit highlight now works on mouseover
- Removed marine sublevels from server cook, so players stop bashing their ships into invisible underwater rocks near the shore
- Bottom rows on server grid select UI are now properly clickable
- Scaled-down seagull slightly when carried (was too big) and removed takeoff particles when tossed from shoulder
- Fixed bug where flame arrow flame buff would desync when shot at a moving ship and be visually "left behind"
- Fixed bug where oil slick from tossed oil jar would desync when hitting a moving ship and be visually "left behind"
- Olfend: fixed issue where if you break out of the drink animation by moving around, the drink "ripple" vfx stays active on its snout
- Olfend: tweaked water amounts when adding to or drinking from a water barrel
- Olfend: improved trace when rider sprays water, so it can hit fires above it easier (needed to fight those ballista flame bolts
- Bird taming improvements, including preventing them from immediately fleeing after bola release when they should attack instead
- Fixed bug where in-progress sail canvas repairs do not continue after transitioning
- Fixed bug in crop plots where fertilizer amount shows 0 after save/load
- Resized large crop plot mesh so it is actually larger than the small crop plot (visual update only, no changes to footprint/collision)
- Tutorial UI: fixed button label text not clipping when scrolling
- Changed tribe member offline duration string to better fit the UI
- Ammo container HUD tooltip displays ammo types only if amount > 0 in the container
- Fixed a bug where water barrel was always being placed with 3000 water
- Re-added missing Tools folder to Steam PC client (LocalizationManager)
- Fix: Ammo container HUD shows text "Press [LeftShift] to switch between ammo types" when looking at an ammo container on a ship after getting on/off a turret 

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

I was hoping ot was an April fools joke. Ha. Can you guys make it so there is an in game notice 15 mins before the update to get things sorted in game before coming off (all other games do this)? I was raising seven babies. They are dead now for sure. Thanks a lot. Oh and if it is decided to to a warning, something bigger than a small written box at the top of the screen would.be appreciated. I just signed up for notifications about the game, I hope it will give heads for updates and such, so I don't waste hours of my time. Thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Must be doing an update now then…..Servers are not showing up on the list, and I'm supposed to do an imprint in 5mins. Don't recall seeing anything about servers going down either. GG guys.....

Dang......a 54.33GB update O.o

Edited by UnderTaker905
  • Sad 1

Wow they are fixing things AND adding new content and you trolls wanna continue to cry. @nisarrrrr you wanna cry about 7 babies? I just killed a squid that took me 4 hours to find and was on my way down to harvest when it crashed. New player new server so no submarine yet got ganked by the other 2 squid that were there. But i'm not gonna bitch at the devs because I DiDnT gEt a wArNiNg!!! It's no wonder they don't talk to you idiots about updates respect goes both ways kimosabi... You should be glad they've proven all you whiners wrong about them leaving the game and realise you agreed to buy a game that's not finished. WE are the testers geniuses, how about you all start acting like it instead of cluttering up the forums with tears and scaring off potential new players and provide constructive input instead. 

Edited by Deadriel83
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

By Any Chance are yous going to fix the spawns of Enormous Blue whale, Ghost ship, Giant Squids and implicate the into the ice and trench with the 9 essences into blackwood map. (Xbox Platform) Nitrado Private Server.

YES! The Olfend rebalance i have been waiting for!

• Haha 2

On 3/31/2020 at 1:17 AM, ATLAS said:

:anchor: LATEST Patch NOTES :anchor:

NEW Item: Ballista Flame bolt

It's a shame SotD don't have sails. Another item of no use to 1/2 the player base.

• Like 6

Sorry this update is dated "December 24th 2018"... ? While i assume a mix up... How is long is the game off line for   ?? thanks

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deadriel83 said:

Wow they are fixing things AND adding new content and you trolls wanna continue to cry. @nisarrrrr you wanna cry about 7 babies? I just killed a squid that took me 4 hours to find and was on my way down to harvest when it crashed. New player new server so no submarine yet got ganked by the other 2 squid that were there. But i'm not gonna bitch at the devs because I DiDnT gEt a wArNiNg!!! It's no wonder they don't talk to you idiots about updates respect goes both ways kimosabi... You should be glad they've proven all you whiners wrong about them leaving the game and realise you agreed to buy a game that's not finished. WE are the testers geniuses, how about you all start acting like it instead of cluttering up the forums with tears and scaring off potential new players and provide constructive input instead. 

Someone please tell me..What is this 54 GIGA UPDATE i have to download? I haven’t even played 6 hours ago with no update but i came back and now i have to install this..

The thing killing the game is idiots preying on new players ppl that have a few farming tames and a 3x3 base what's the point if you want pvp let them grow so you get it not wipe them out in 2 minutes and make them quit just dumb 

39 minutes ago, Sunnysmoke said:

The thing killing the game is idiots preying on new players ppl that have a few farming tames and a 3x3 base what's the point if you want pvp let them grow so you get it not wipe them out in 2 minutes and make them quit just dumb 

Because people who play these games are either sociopaths with deep psychological problems or they’re just plain paranoid. I’m probably the only fair pvper lol. I’ll blow up your door but will only take what i feel like, but i would never kill all animals or foundation wipe. Sometimes i don’t even like raiding because the idiots who come loot it after me will just discard all your stuff 

Seems there isn’t really a place for people like me, PvP in survival games are huge groups of tryhards that congratulate and jerk each other off for ego boosts. Once again, psychology.

Edited by Jim Prackett
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the update truly 54GB in size? I'm a new player here, downloaded and installed the game yesterday on Steam and the game itself (before installation) was only ~40GB. Not a huge amount of new content in the patch notes that can push it up to that size.

Being an essential healthcare worker, I am not at home to check. Can anyone confirm for sure? I am eager to get home to continue playing!

But anyway, still great to see a new update just a day after I got the game. The game is clearly not dead as many claim.

8 minutes ago, CowboyDavid71 said:

Yes it's 54.33gb update

It was a 1.4gb update for me. 

48 minutes ago, JoeyKray said:

It was a 1.4gb update for me. 

Yes, a friend of mine just checked as well and it's the same. 1.4GB download, on PC.

Here is a fix. for us people with limbs that don't work fix the sails so I can steer and adjust sails at the same time if I'm alone. make it so you can pick items up as if it was real I should be able to pick up guns and place them on another ship if I want (they have been doing it for years) alow large guns topside again. fix the game not add foolishly crap.

9 hours ago, Deadriel83 said:

Someone mad about his squid. If we don't say anything, nothing will change, that's what the comments are for and more, explicitly stated by Atlas. Better luck next time matey!

Edited by nisarrrrr

And it's all? Is that all you could squeeze out of yourself for these long months without patches and edits ?! Really?! When does pvp balance normally? Do you know what is happening on your official servers ?! I think not ... Do you know that you ''developers '' killed a normal ground pvp with your own hands ?! Your game rots and degrades too fast ... Online on EU PVP, even in a pandemic, when everyone is at home, dropped to 400-500 people! Your game in such an online environment needs extreme measures!

It is urgent to cut the global ship limit to 30, the people limit in the company to 25-30 people, alliances either prohibit or leave only 1 possible group for alliances consisting of 3-4 companies, and the most important and necessary amendment is to cut the number of NPCs that can be hired one company per island / square, etc. Your game creates lags on the servers and clients of players in 90% of cases due to the huge number of NPCs in one or another square, as well as tamed animals. I am more than sure that you will not be able to optimize the miscalculation by the game engine of artificial intelligence, the aimbot of this artificial intelligence, etc. Since ARK already passed through all this.

Only by cutting the number of turrets in ARK you could achieve more or less normal optimization. Because of the infernal lags in your game, it is impossible to fight properly and enjoy PVP. You can build on the island with the highest cliff in the square, load this island with hundreds of NPCs and no one will raid you! This is the whole essence of your game, because of this, even in PVP, everything slides into PVE, endless growing of animals, etc. Due to the fact that you made the islands imbalanced, increasing Pakl’s damage and swivel, normal competition between the companies was lost. Did you think by doing this you make people go out and fight at sea on ships? No!
There is such a chic company like Nightclub (Lucia, Chem B, FO, Eq, F & S, FM) that sits on its island, afraid to seriously fight at sea, but do you know what their argument is? "We are afraid of losing ships, because our opponents will write in a chat -" Ahaha, we drowned your galleon! "" And there are many similar companies ... Which are afraid to lose pixels in the XD game But this does not mean that the game should bend under such people! I really hope that my words will reach the developers! The main thing is to really get it, hope dies last 😞

Edited by Mr.Smith