Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

Game is dying, please save my favorit game.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone,

This game is again on the brink of death. This time it might be the final blow, since everyone and there mother is leaving the game for another game that i can not mention here. I am not leaving yet but i am not happy with the way it has been handled.

There are to many abusive mechanics and bugs that have to be fixed. Don't ban people when they are trying to help you, this is still in alpha.

The game is also to grindy and the freeport/Lawless/playerworld dose not work well. Devs should look at Eve online on how to do a grid based world. In my opinion you have to merge the pvp and pve aspect of the game change lawless to lawful areas where there is a npc gov that prevents pvp.

Balance the rare resources better and make resources look like it should look in the physical world. Trade is also a problem in the game, there should be a better trade system that works in lawful areas but is run by the players.

You should replace the ships of the dammed with real npc pirate ships and make npc owned island that players can raid.

Make taming more easy, it is hard enough to find good animals already and build on the taming system. Make taming different for the different animal types. It would also be great if you overhaul the breeding system. Pleas keep balance in your mind when doing this. I would also love to see more animal trading, i just don't know how to make a good system for this, again you might be able to use lawful areas for this where you can do a trade market for it.

We need more cool ship types and cool weapons that are slowly added to the game. What we don't need is big animals and more air force stuff in the game. To be honest the damn glider needs to go, it does not belong in a pirate game!
   I will say that the glider is fun but sadly it breaks the game to much and you can not react to barrel gliding in time, it is simply to broken to be a part of this world. This would also make it way easier to fix the explosive barrel.
   The giant crab should not be able to around jump on land, if you really want it to be ok on land then make it just run a little faster but please remove the jump!

I would like to suggest that player owned island need a limit to where the flag can be placed, like a rebuild fort that is close to ground lvl. This should be build up/and upgraded by using gold. You can then build other stuff with your normal building blocks. It would be great if there where other type of big building blocks you could use for the fort and also harbor installations. It is just as an idea how to solve some of the lag issues and you would also use less time on building your fortifications.

Those are my thoughts on what direction the game should go, i think you would be able to save the game if you did this.

Just a small addition here, i would change the name of the game away form Atlas. It has always been a bad name in my opinion. It is a to common used name that makes it hard to search on. I would suggest using Grapeshot as the game name instead or find a new one that fits this Empire/colony building simulator better.

Please give me your opinion and add idears to this post if you still want this game to be awesome.

 

Edited by Shepard_Fury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good news!

This is what the devs are planning.



Bad news!

Devs are missing.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs are just gone. Not a peep here, on Twitter, or Discord. Nothing. I haven't even seen a, "Hey we're working on Genesis and we'll be back with Atlas soon!" Just zero transparency.

So we are left here with our thumbs up our butts wondering if it's worth playing a, by all accounts, entirely abandoned game. So yeah, of course, people are jumping the proverbial ship. And many who remain will probably jump when New World releases.

Even if the devs do come back to Atlas at that point, I'm afraid they've simply lost the trust of all of us and will have one hell of a time trying to convince anyone to return, especially if New World is even half as good as it's looking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way this game will not die, is when it lives forever to used as an example of how to not be in business, by mismanaging the opportunity to make money with every chance you get by pretending to know what you are doing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eeeceee said:

mismanaging the opportunity to make money with every chance you get by pretending to know what you are doing. 

If it was about making money they'd be selling skins for real world cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so a lot of bad stuff is happening on the Eu pvp, since all the big companys are gone and i am now also leaving the game. NightClub or Freeport club as i call them keep grifing our animals in the freeports and using all the abusive tricks they can to harrase in peace time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

so a lot of bad stuff is happening on the Eu pvp, since all the big companys are gone and i am now also leaving the game. NightClub or Freeport club as i call them keep grifing our animals in the freeports and using all the abusive tricks they can to harrase in peace time. 

Report them. It might take a few days, but the enforcement team is still around.

Also, big groups are moving on; thats really good. Big groups have ruined this game since Day 1.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Report them. It might take a few days, but the enforcement team is still around.

Also, big groups are moving on; thats really good. Big groups have ruined this game since Day 1.

Yeah, but the devs WANT the big groups.  Even when they redesigned the claim system it was so small and medium groups would have to ask large groups mother-my-i to "settle" on their land.

Three things that have hurt this game, 1) the Big PvP companies, 2) Power-gamers, 3) Trolls/Griefers/Cheaters.  (And I was amazed by the damage a group of two could do on the official US PvP server, who had nothing better to do than spend several hours sinking ships and looting bases while people were off line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slash78 said:

Yeah, but the devs WANT the big groups.  Even when they redesigned the claim system it was so small and medium groups would have to ask large groups mother-my-i to "settle" on their land.

Three things that have hurt this game, 1) the Big PvP companies, 2) Power-gamers, 3) Trolls/Griefers/Cheaters.  (And I was amazed by the damage a group of two could do on the official US PvP server, who had nothing better to do than spend several hours sinking ships and looting bases while people were off line).

The devs dont want big groups if it scares new players away.


As for whats actually ruining the game, the three player types you mentioned are... all the same group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually they have maintained from the beginning that they DO want large groups. And there is no point in putting in a complaint - there is no one to respond to it. And I would not be surprised to see them blame to coronavirus for the collapse of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

The devs dont want big groups if it scares new players away.


As for whats actually ruining the game, the three player types you mentioned are... all the same group.

No, they aren't all the same group.  There are large PvP companies that don't cheat, though they often do power game.  And it's not just big companies that troll.  I've seen small groups do it.

And you're also wrong about the devs not wanting large groups.  The game was (mistakenly) made to cater to them.  They think those large groups 1) bring people to the game and 2) keep them playing.  The fact is they do bring a few people in, they chase far more people away and as you've pointed out, they generally leave for whatever game is the New Hotness.  Even those that stay awhile, they leave as soon as a different large group pounds on them.  And the devs also forgot that in an open world PvP game this is only one way of "winning".  That's make people stop logging in so you have the server to yourself.  Ark official servers are terrible for that very reason.  And Atlas took that up to 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I imagine things will change in the near future.

 

The devs cant build this game on trying to appease large companies. All it takes is one outgoing or influential person in that group to incite anger/complaints/mass quits. It works for games like Ark that can "churn and burn" indefinitely, but Atlas can't do that.

Atlas is a persistent MMO. It needs offline storage, it needs factions, it needs summon-able tames (instead of barn yards,) more changes like the loot changes from January,  etc.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I imagine things will change in the near future.

 

The devs cant build this game on trying to appease large companies. All it takes is one outgoing or influential person in that group to incite anger/complaints/mass quits. It works for games like Ark that can "churn and burn" indefinitely, but Atlas can't do that.

Atlas is a persistent MMO. It needs offline storage, it needs factions, etc.

You understand that.  I understand that.  The Devs don't see it that way.  

Look at the guy they hired to "fix" the game (and just left).  Guild Wars 2 (along with EvE) is often sited by advocates of large scale PvP.  They hired a guy who worked for years on Guild Wars 2.  They still want large scale free-for-all PvP.  And not with groups of players coming together, but between large companies/(guilds/clans/tribes).  They want this despite the fact that not only is it playerbase breaking, it's also server breaking.

Devs don't always see things the way players do.  A fine example would be World of Tanks a few years ago.  Wargaming had promoted most of the people who made WoT a success into other roles and turned development over to "Storm" (that was his forum handle).  He was a big proponent of clans and thought most players should join them.  Even though only 3 to 5% (depending on the server) of the player base belonged to one.  The way he was going to do it was a lot of clan-only features, incentives, etc.  He also wanted new game modes, new (and highly exploitable) "customization" for tanks.  It was all supposed to start in 10.0 "Rubicon".  There was an outcry from community.  "Storm" ignored it.  Then a lot of the streamers, Youtubers (ie, their "content creators") revolted, saying what a horrible idea most of this stuff was.  Days before it's release the 10.0 patch was cancelled.  Wargaming gave a lot of the old Dev team leadership their jobs back.  And a game mode that did make it into the game was permanently disabled within 6 months.

All because a new lead developer though 1) he know better than those who made the game a success, 2) was obsessed with the idea of large clans and that most players should belong to them and 3) because he was uninterested in either listening to the player base or even understanding what your own internal metrics are telling you.

Edit:  roles, not rolls.

Edited by Slash78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

 The way he was going to do it was a lot of clan-only features, incentives, etc.  He also wanted new game modes, new (and highly exploitable) "customization" for tanks.  It was all supposed to start in 10.0 "Rubicon".  There was an outcry from community.  "Storm" ignored it.  Then a lot of the streamers, Youtubers (ie, their "content creators") revolted, saying what a horrible idea most of this stuff wasDays before it's release the 10.0 patch was cancelled.

The flipside to that is; look at season 2. That was a disaster, because Atlas players really don't know what they want/need either.

The devs need to pick systems that work. EG; Literally just rip off EvE. Security levels, sovereignty, factions, missions, everything. It wouldnt be that much work on top of the system that already is in place.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

The flipside to that is; look at season 2. That was a disaster, because Atlas players really don't know what they want/need either.

The devs need to pick systems that work. EG; Literally just rip off EvE. Security levels, sovereignty, factions, missions, everything. It wouldnt be that much work on top of the system that already is in place.

I'd prefer they make something closer to the system in Sid Meier's Pirates!  

You have factions and reputation with each faction.  Letters of Marque.  Piss one off too much and you can't enter their ports, trade with them and they send pirate hunters after you.  Though I do like the idea of sovereignty, forcing an actual PvP battle for control of an island rather than the "raid windows" they have now.

Don't like the idea of security levels.  For one, if you're an asshole in the game, there should be no safe places for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

I imagine things will change in the near future.

Haha, thanks for the laugh.

Quote

The devs cant build this game

Really?

16 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

 needs factions

Make this guy lead (and apparently the only) dev!

Edited by eeeceee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put your boot on it's neck and bear down. When the last Xbob leaves maybe they will firesale the assets and IP to developers looking for a shell to base their game on that have some talent for scavenging code from shitshows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always would've been a good idea to give the game to developers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, Slash78 said:

I'd prefer they make something closer to the system in Sid Meier's Pirates!  

You have factions and reputation with each faction.  Letters of Marque.  Piss one off too much and you can't enter their ports, trade with them and they send pirate hunters after you.  Though I do like the idea of sovereignty, forcing an actual PvP battle for control of an island rather than the "raid windows" they have now.

Don't like the idea of security levels.  For one, if you're an asshole in the game, there should be no safe places for you.

Pirates! and EvE have a nearly identical system. Security Levels if implemented like EvE would mean assholes have no safe place because their sec status would be too low for noob friendly areas. Security status only benefits lawful players. Players who chose to play unlawfully (like in EvE) tend to wear a bad sec status like a badge of honor. It would work for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Pirates! and EvE have a nearly identical system. Security Levels if implemented like EvE would mean assholes have no safe place because their sec status would be too low for noob friendly areas. Security status only benefits lawful players. Players who chose to play unlawfully (like in EvE) tend to wear a bad sec status like a badge of honor. It would work for everyone.

Except when those not interested in PVP realise they are playing a shopping simulator, get bored and leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shopping? Doll house building while getting murdered by sharks simulator you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are making a good play. I think they are working on a super-secret massive patch, they want the game to die down and everyone to go play something else for 6 months to a year. then they are going to cash in big with a huge expack size patch that introduces all sorts of community requested changes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Acemac said:

I think they are making a good play. I think they are working on a super-secret massive patch, they want the game to die down and everyone to go play something else for 6 months to a year. then they are going to cash in big with a huge expack size patch that introduces all sorts of community requested changes.  

You're that puppy that gets left on a county road in the middle of BFE that sits there obediently knowing his owners will definitely come back for him any time now, with treats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would nt be surprised to see them use the virus as a reason for abandoning the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Acemac said:

I think they are making a good play. I think they are working on a super-secret massive patch, they want the game to die down and everyone to go play something else for 6 months to a year. then they are going to cash in big with a huge expack size patch that introduces all sorts of community requested changes.  

Yet we know the lead designer left, purportedly as his team was taken away to work on Ark.

Jat & Dollie now have 2 job titles, and by all accounts are extremely active with one and completely inactive in there Atlas roles.

I fear your hopes are beyond even a glimmer, which is a damn shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...