Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

Game is dying, please save my favorit game.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, Shadowcub said:

The devs are just gone. Not a peep here, on Twitter, or Discord. Nothing. I haven't even seen a, "Hey we're working on Genesis and we'll be back with Atlas soon!" Just zero transparency.

So we are left here with our thumbs up our butts wondering if it's worth playing a, by all accounts, entirely abandoned game. So yeah, of course, people are jumping the proverbial ship. And many who remain will probably jump when New World releases.

Even if the devs do come back to Atlas at that point, I'm afraid they've simply lost the trust of all of us and will have one hell of a time trying to convince anyone to return, especially if New World is even half as good as it's looking.

I'm kind of confused by New World. I saw a ship, but it seems like the whole thing is just about 1 island/landmass. I haven't seen squat about crafting and player housing seems like it will be more cookie-cutter. I wish I could see more of it to get a better idea. 

1 hour ago, Juddo said:

I'm kind of confused by New World. I saw a ship, but it seems like the whole thing is just about 1 island/landmass. I haven't seen squat about crafting and player housing seems like it will be more cookie-cutter. I wish I could see more of it to get a better idea. 

I believe it is one landmass. You arrive by ship, but I haven't heard anything about owning ships. Apparently the crafting system is pretty involved. I don't know a lot about the construction system.

I believe video is still under NDA, but testers are allowed to talk about it to some extent. But I suspect it will remain very much under wraps until pre-release. There are some interesting videos up on YouTube, however, discussing what can be discussed and analyzing released footage.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:30 AM, Jack Shandy said:

Yet we know the lead designer left, purportedly as his team was taken away to work on Ark.

Jat & Dollie now have 2 job titles, and by all accounts are extremely active with one and completely inactive in there Atlas roles.

I fear your hopes are beyond even a glimmer, which is a damn shame. 

Flame Bolts! 

• Thanks 1