Solon

Game Crashe and....

Been playing a single server game, worked DAMNED hard.  My first ship was a Gallon and without any pets it took me THRE DAYS to farm all the materials to make the ship, another day to fully deck it out with cannons on all ports.  This ship was my home.  Leveled all the way to 43 i think it was, tamed a few animals, learned some stuff and slowly progresed.

Tamed a tiger! Lost it within the hour to a high level mob... went back tamed a new one.  that one lasted me 2 days before i got it killed.. you play and learn, you get up and keep going.

Took me 2 hours to sail to the island where I tamed those tigers, had a great setup. Tamed a male tiger within 3 minuts of landing !!!

Took me another 5 hours to get the female.  Put them both on my ship and set sail for home.

Half way there... BOOOOM... game crashed (wtf).

Logged in and im dead and NO option to respawn on ship.  THAT is utter effing bull($^$ right there.

It tool me another 5 hours to get enough shit together to get a ramshackle sloop and sail back to the zone I crashed in and... Yup... NO FSCKING SHIP.... NO FSCKING TIGERS.... Everything GONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell would I even bother playing a game that constantly fscks you over, pulls the rug right out from under you and resets you back to square one.   This was not the first time this happened, it is happening CONSTANTLY.  You start to make head way and BOOM fucked right up the ass.

NOT HAPPY.  im not going to be playing this garbage again, im already uninstalled on both ark and atlas.  I worked DAMNED hard here and your incompetence keeps resetting my character back to square one. 

You do know you can cheat back in all the stuff to make another galleon, right?

Sounds like you are using vanilla settings in single player no mods.

Atlas has pulled shit like this on me too. So instead of just quitting, since I do like the game except for when stuff like what happened to you occurs. I just make myself a simple rule. Any stuff that Atlas cheated me out of, I can replace with the cheat commands. I don't do it for just anything, just stuff lost to bugs. That includes game crashes.

I did this when I played single player. Currently I play on unofficials. There I just don't join any servers that either will replace stuff lost to bugs or have so high of rates that it doesn't take all that long to replace sfuff. Also I just don't make galleons, I prefer the Schooner or Brigitine. Takes less time and with the modded servers I play on, they are plenty good enough for even making nearly an entire base. I do use mods. Mods can remove all of the unpleasant aspects of the game that you might not like. Number one for me is the food system. Number too is how crappy the ships are for a game all about ships. I only sail modded ships.

i would not have any idea how to do that and the fact that this game keeps screwing me over after all the hard work i  put in makes it very difficult for me to give it any time what so ever. I would never recommend a game like this to anyone, the heartache of constantly losing EVERYTHING is not worth the pain.

also, how do i cheat back a male and female tiger that took me 5 hours to capture and the bear that was also lost ?

Edited by Solon

5 hours ago, Solon said:

i would not have any idea how to do that and the fact that this game keeps screwing me over after all the hard work i  put in makes it very difficult for me to give it any time what so ever. I would never recommend a game like this to anyone, the heartache of constantly losing EVERYTHING is not worth the pain.

also, how do i cheat back a male and female tiger that took me 5 hours to capture and the bear that was also lost ?

Yup, you can replace tames too. Basic how to here:

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Console_commands

A lot of wiki pages have a Cheat Codes section. It tells you the command to cheat in something. I've done this more in ARK than in Atlas. Honestly don't play single player and it happens but not that often in the online version of the game.

Also there is at least one guide, puts everything you need in one spot:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1621317223

Google is your friend here.

There is also a command to force tame in ARK, pretty sure that same command works in Atlas. Most stuff works the same in Atlas as it does in ARK, you I often Google how to do it in ARK if I can't find it in Atlas.

Edited by wildbill

yea well i gave that a shot, still feels very wrong to just give myself everything, it defeats the purpose of working hard to progress, even if its done to replace that you are being fucked out of CONSTANTLY.

But now, when i collect treasure maps i dont get a fucking thing.  Im glad I didnt spend more than $5 on this garbage, I can chalk that up to experience.  Great concept, Great game play, HORRENDOUSLY STUPID BUGS plaguing the game that NOBODY seems inclined to do anything about and now I hear the main game developer has bailed too?

I would have a very difficult time recommending ANY game produced by this company to any of my friends and word of mouth is how they would get 99% of their user base. 

This game is dead on arrival.

3 hours ago, Solon said:

yea well i gave that a shot, still feels very wrong to just give myself everything, it defeats the purpose of working hard to progress, even if its done to replace that you are being fucked out of CONSTANTLY.

But now, when i collect treasure maps i dont get a fucking thing.  Im glad I didnt spend more than $5 on this garbage, I can chalk that up to experience.  Great concept, Great game play, HORRENDOUSLY STUPID BUGS plaguing the game that NOBODY seems inclined to do anything about and now I hear the main game developer has bailed too?

I would have a very difficult time recommending ANY game produced by this company to any of my friends and word of mouth is how they would get 99% of their user base. 

This game is dead on arrival.

Sorry to hear your experience with the game has not been good.

I don't play single player, so really can't comment on it much. I've read a few posts like yours where people have had a bad experience with it. Others say it is great. Don't really know what to think of that. The one comment I have, is if your PC is not about 4x as good as the minimum system requirements shown on the Steam page for Atlas, this can have  a huge affect on your experience of the game. Consider that when you play single player your PC is hosting both the server and client for the game, but when you play online, it is just running the client. That is where I play (online) with a really good PC and the game is very playable and fun like that. I also use mods that improve certain aspects of the game that I find lacking or annoying. I'm guessing how I play the game is very different than how you have been playing it.

I would recommend the game, but only for certain types of game play. The game is very configurable and has like six different modes of play. Pretty safe to say, the experience of each player is pretty unique for how and where they play.

It sounds like your save is broken. You may wish to delete the world and try again. Always keep a periodic back up.

Also, turn up your rates. You are playing Single Player. There is no economy for you to break.