lordkhan4444

is this game officaly dead now?

2 hours ago, HansenSM said:

for everyone who want more information i found this on twitter:

A friend from eric seem's to defend him and give some interesting information:

"Atlas killed itself. It is not Erik's fault his entire dev team was stripped away from him and sent to work on another game.
It's all about HOW you ask. Dont approach them in a fit of rage. I spoke with one privately an hour or 2 ago, game is still being worked on, but they feel changes were made in the plans for the game, and they have been left in the dark with said changes just as we have been.
Wildcard pulls the strings for Grapeshot. They were behind on ARK development, and pull all the programmers out of Grapeshot help to fix it. Leaving Erik with no team to work on his game."

So for resume they are working on genesis since some month and should comeback later when they fix their new dlc on ARK

well well well, its seems that the shit i have been calling out for months was not wrong at all, "time will tell" they say and it sure did tell!! all this time withstanding personal attacks from the whiteknights of this game sure was worth it xDDD

The only question left is: will the current and former players have any dignity left and move on, or will they cling back to ATLAS if they ever decide to continue its development?? (i already know the answer, but guys.. do you?)

Edited by The D Legacy

i'm a slow player, and I've not finished it yet. I also know the majority of the bugs and how to avoid / get around them. And quite frankly I enjoy it for what it's is at the moment so I'll keep playing until I finish or get bored.

Saying that I won't be touching anything this dev team does in the future, I've lost all trust in them.

I can totally understand this Erik guy, getting brought in to sort out a game they have no idea in what direction to take it, then stripping his team to work on another game. That's just rude.

• Like 3

at least they could make a statement about the situation and not leave the community without any information during month and a false roadmap story ;d

• Like 1

Yup, that's the major reason they've lost my trust.

1 minute ago, HansenSM said:

at least they could make a statement about the situation and not leave the community without any information during month and a false roadmap story ;d

Kinda started getting the idea when Dollie started repping for Ark on Twitter again

All companies shift their employees around to cover priorities.  I'm sure there were some Ark employees working the Atlas XBox integration last year, which most likely caused delays for Genesis.  They'll return back to Atlas after Genesis development slows down again.

IF you're bored on official, there are plenty of unofficial servers running mods that improve the game in various ways. There are servers with different settings and mods that you should be able to find one that fits you.  IF you try a very popular unofficial server and it feels too OP or P2W, try a smaller server, many of those are not OP or P2W, just lacking players willing to brave a lower pop server just starting out.  Don't always trust a server that states they're not P2W either, do your research and look at how quickly players can buy mythical.

The knee jerk reaction of trying to destroy a game with "Fraud" and negative posts because you don't enjoy it anymore, is just super salty.  If you're not happy, just stop playing and move on to another game that you can enjoy.  You should also ignore all EA games, since you clearly can't handle their development cycles.

This is the time when players should be supporting unofficial servers and modders for adding to the game experience while the developers have gone dark.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nyt said:

All companies shift their employees around to cover priorities.  I'm sure there were some Ark employees working the Atlas XBox integration last year, which most likely caused delays for Genesis.  They'll return back to Atlas after Genesis development slows down again.

IF you're bored on official, there are plenty of unofficial servers running mods that improve the game in various ways. There are servers with different settings and mods that you should be able to find one that fits you.  IF you try a very popular unofficial server and it feels too OP or P2W, try a smaller server, many of those are not OP or P2W, just lacking players willing to brave a lower pop server just starting out.  Don't always trust a server that states they're not P2W either, do your research and look at how quickly players can buy mythical.

The knee jerk reaction of trying to destroy a game with "Fraud" and negative posts because you don't enjoy it anymore, is just super salty.  If you're not happy, just stop playing and move on to another game that you can enjoy.  You should also ignore all EA games, since you clearly can't handle their development cycles.

This is the time when players should be supporting unofficial servers and modders for adding to the game experience while the developers have gone dark.

Fraud post?

8 hours ago, HansenSM said:

Fraud post?

Read the first page.... like this one:

On 3/17/2020 at 5:30 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Go to the Steam store page.  Right click the flag, select Fraud.

Grapeshot will be required to issue refunds regardless of hours played. Moreover, this will stop them from posting more shit like this.

11 hours ago, Nyt said:

How long can a developer put their early access game on ice before we get to call it a fraud?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

well well well, its seems that the shit i have been calling out for months was not wrong at all, "time will tell" they say and it sure did tell!! all this time withstanding personal attacks from the whiteknights of this game sure was worth it xDDD

The only question left is: will the current and former players have any dignity left and move on, or will they cling back to ATLAS if they ever decide to continue its development?? (i already know the answer, but guys.. do you?)

Last Oasis comes out in 5 days.. its not even a question where most current and former players will be going... with what the beta testers have said, its already in a better state than atlas is after a year and a half into EA... as far as dignity is concerned, i'll never trust snail games/wildcard/grapeshot or any other studio that hires ANY of these devs, every again. I put my heart mind body and soul into this game just to get abandoned.. they wrote out the road map in crayon on a sheet of toilet paper...took a massive shit on my face and said... how's this for a development homie.. then i never heard from them again. no thanks. 

Would take a god tier patch to bring me back after this... and even then, id most likely never buy another game or dlc from them again anyways, on principle. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Yep, Vampire the Masquerade went to top of my torrent don't buy list after the lateral move.

why tho? if you are trying to refloat a sinking boat and the people aboard doesnt let you do it wouldnt you move on to a better place?

Edited by The D Legacy

3 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

why tho? if you are trying to refloat a sinking boat and the same people aboard doesnt let you do it wouldnt you move on to a better place?

I would. From someone who works in the software biz (I test software), I know that if there are 20 people working on a project like Atlas, maybe 2 of them are making all the important design and scheduling decisions. The rest are just working on stuff assigned to them. The typical dev doesn't make any of the decisions that most people here are so upset about. It is irrational to take this out on them. 

I am also worried this ship is sinking, but I'm not going to boycott some other game just because one of the former Atlas devs now works there.

• Like 1

Its amazing how butthurt people can be.

Even trying to report for "Fraud" while it isnt any fraud at all. Who cares that people would lose their job? Seriously, ive never seen such egoistic retards in my whole life. Acting like babies whose lollipop was stolen.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, wildbill said:

I would. From someone who works in the software biz (I test software), I know that if there are 20 people working on a project like Atlas, maybe 2 of them are making all the important design and scheduling decisions. The rest are just working on stuff assigned to them. The typical dev doesn't make any of the decisions that most people here are so upset about. It is irrational to take this out on them. 

I am also worried this ship is sinking, but I'm not going to boycott some other game just because one of the former Atlas devs now works there.

they must be made an example for future projects/studios and what happens when you screw over your community without any substantial communication. This isnt just about atlas, this is about the future of gaming.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

they must be made an example for future projects/studios and what happens when you screw over your community without any substantial communication. This isnt just about atlas, this is about the future of gaming.

Sadly i have to inform you that the community ot atlas doesnt decide what "the future of gaming" is.
Customers of Electronic Arts tried to act like that already.

reputation is everything, and in the survival MMO market which is supposed to be their bread and butter, they've fucked themselves for future buyers. a pump and dump will not work for them again.

and you act like ea hasnt lost billions because of their shit lol. just look at anthem. battlefield 5 took many years to make a profit.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Many of my friends and I refuse to touch anything EA does.  I know there are many around the world who swear the same and hopefully most of them actually do it.  🙂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dingiva said:

EA is only still around because selling the same relabeled sports ball games to the lowest common denominator once a year is highly profitable.

EA cant survive "real" gamers: Their model doesn't actually work, The Sims 3 still has more players than The Sims 4.  Anthem and BF isnt working out well for them either.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

On 3/23/2020 at 9:30 AM, Dingiva said:

Sadly i have to inform you that the community ot atlas doesnt decide what "the future of gaming" is.

we do tho, once we stop being assholes to eachother and band together.

actually we do have a lot of power/sway in the Future of gaming as customers. Our reviews and social media influences greatly impact the wallets of these companies. And when the bottom line begins to hurt, thats when they know they have not been listening to their customers. I am not a streamer, but i have contacts with over a hundred other gamers in my online community. And so do hundreds of others.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:06 AM, HansenSM said:

for everyone who want more information i found this on twitter:

A friend from eric seem's to defend him and give some interesting information:

"Atlas killed itself. It is not Erik's fault his entire dev team was stripped away from him and sent to work on another game.
It's all about HOW you ask. Dont approach them in a fit of rage. I spoke with one privately an hour or 2 ago, game is still being worked on, but they feel changes were made in the plans for the game, and they have been left in the dark with said changes just as we have been.
Wildcard pulls the strings for Grapeshot. They were behind on ARK development, and pull all the programmers out of Grapeshot help to fix it. Leaving Erik with no team to work on his game."

So for resume they are working on genesis since some month and should comeback later when they fix their new dlc on ARK

Except the devs won't come back until Genesis is FINISHED.  That won't be until December at the earliest.  What's out now is just "Part 1" of 2.

On 3/21/2020 at 12:52 AM, UnknownSystemError said:

Yep, Vampire the Masquerade went to top of my torrent don't buy list after the lateral move.

Why?  He left Grapeshot because they took all of his developers away to work on Ark.  Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in buying it, but I'm not going to boycott it because a frustrated dev left the company.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7232 views to this post.

That's a lot of interested players.

Edited by RedLeg