Jump to content

lordkhan4444

is this game officaly dead now?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

just heard that erik wannanan got a new job as a sr. game designer on vampire: the masquerade - bloodlines 2

Edited by lordkhan4444

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohh boi, and there it goes my last hope for this game to ever be playable, well i am not surprised at all, they probably didnt allow him to make the adjustments this game needed, if that was the case i would have done the exact same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Go to the Steam store page.  Right click the flag, select Fraud. This is in lieu of "project abandoned" as an option.

Grapeshot will be required to issue refunds regardless of hours played. Moreover, this will stop them from posting more shit like this.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Go to the Steam store page.  Right click the flag, select Fraud.

Grapeshot will be required to issue refunds regardless of hours played. Moreover, this will stop them from posting more shit like this.

Eh worth a shot.  Maybe enough people do it and forces their hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have not seen any official news, but then companies rarely publicly announce failure.

safe bet is abandon ware.

i heard that new dino expansion is a really pretty piece of garbage though...so it was totally worth abandoning such a promising project /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a joke, Dedi's still seem to be popular but good luck finding one that doesn't have issues, the simplest of coding is still not available to dedicated server owners, infinite ship weight ? Hello, are you there, calling infinite ship weight. Working General settings ? Vitamin drain ! whats up buddy, have they gotten back to you about making you work yet ? No ? maybe next decade they'll fix you.

 

Those are just 2 small examples, if they can't get those 2 small codes working how does anyone expect them to keep the game alive whether it be official or dedicated.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PeglegTheAngry Better yet, report them to the SEC and FBI for investor/market fraud. They frown heavily on publicly traded companies (Snail Games Inc.) creating shell companies to hide failed products from investor sheets and mandatory profit/loss reporting to investors. If they find that they created Grapeshot as a way of getting a write-off when it failed, worked behind the scenes to make sure it failed, and were not clear on who ended up with the money, they would make life very uncomfortable for them. Plus putting the screws to a Chinese gaming company would have great optics in an election year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reporting it as fraud didnt work for games like DayZ, its not going to do anything for Atlas. Early Access itself is the problem, it needs a tighter rule-set. Not even "Star Citizen" is considered a fraud by now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grongash said:

Reporting it as fraud didnt work for games like DayZ, its not going to do anything for Atlas. Early Access itself is the problem, it needs a tighter rule-set. Not even "Star Citizen" is considered a fraud by now. 

Star citizen have active development, the money they get earn is being put into developing the game. Atlas on the other hand what kind of development have we had the last 6 months? Some QOL changes an intern could do over a weekend? Prior to that we got a pointless hydra pistol, 3 tames noone uses, roleplay skins and some island changes.

You are litterly comparing apples to unicorns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pant said:

Star citizen have active development, the money they get earn is being put into developing the game. Atlas on the other hand what kind of development have we had the last 6 months? Some QOL changes an intern could do over a weekend? Prior to that we got a pointless hydra pistol, 3 tames noone uses, roleplay skins and some island changes.

You are litterly comparing apples to unicorns.

Google what literally means. 

There is NO active development in Star citizen at all. They keep melting in packages and resell skins and virtual spaceships to idiots. By the sound of it, you are one of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising, except the bloodlines 2 part. That game lost a lot of hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Pant said:

You do realise when they were supposed to launch, right? The "alpha" is 6+ years behind the planned release of the whole game... Im not defending Atlas, bu they had more playable content at the EA launch than SC has today (And that meas something). SC was a virtual hangar to watch your digital ships you bought for most of its lifetime. Yet they still manage to string idiots along, its amazing tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Grongash said:

You do realise when they were supposed to launch, right? The "alpha" is 6+ years behind the planned release of the whole game... Im not defending Atlas, bu they had more playable content at the EA launch than SC has today (And that meas something). SC was a virtual hangar to watch your digital ships you bought for most of its lifetime. Yet they still manage to string idiots along, its amazing tbh.

Do you realise you sound like you are calling yourself an idiot? I dunno why you are so invested in a game you don't own. One game haven't had an update in months the other had one 3 weeks ago, maybe you should google what active means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spend already spend 1500 dollar on ships in star citizen, maybe Atlas should start selling custom ships to get some funding for new features for Atlas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Qusal said:

I spend already spend 1500 dollar on ships in star citizen, maybe Atlas should start selling custom ships to get some funding for new features for Atlas.

give them more scam ideas....for the love of god people rly lives in their own lil innocent worlds this days.

11 hours ago, Grongash said:

Reporting it as fraud didnt work for games like DayZ, its not going to do anything for Atlas. Early Access itself is the problem, it needs a tighter rule-set. Not even "Star Citizen" is considered a fraud by now. 

there is only one scam proof method, just pirate the game, if they keep their promises support them by buying the game when its finished, if not you didnt lose anything, modern problems require modern solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get back to Atlas after wipe, and all i can see is Bit tribes vs Big tribes and when 1 Big tribe is wpned they quit and say it is a dead game anyway.... i was playing as Settler in 3 big tribes, all of them were pwned byt some bigger tribes and i had to move from island to island. And this situation happened past this month so in 18 days almost 30 ppl left game and almost nobody joined. So yea, this game is dead. I believe that in next month or two there will be 200 players only on all servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking from a PvE player perspective with a small three person company, Its not completely dead just in a rut right now because of a lack of re-playable PvE content and a claim system that makes players feel like the game is dead and lifeless, which is totally fixable! Grapeshot just needs a bigger team to make this happen in a reasonable amount of time, but, in my opinion, it seems like their corporate overlords want to minimize loss and leave behind a skeleton crew that will fix it eventually. Kind of similar to the launch of Anthem. Then again, I don't work there so I really do not know for sure. Just keep showing them love and support and they will continue to care about fixing it, they are people too! Plus they seem to be really good at listening to feedback, which is a good sign.

About Star Citizen...Sorry I realize this is not the OP question, but I happen to be a long time fan boy with a rather large org that plays weekly,  Star Citizen is the gold standard of EA games, yes they have postponed development many times in the past, but all EA games do this! Plus they clearly have not abandoned the project and are investing the money back into the game. Do some research bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Abop said:

Do some research bud.

 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:44 AM, Qusal said:

I spend already spend 1500 dollar on ships in star citizen, maybe Atlas should start selling custom ships to get some funding for new features for Atlas.

I'm going to just leave this here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

for everyone who want more information i found this on twitter:

A friend from eric seem's to defend him and give some interesting information:

"Atlas killed itself. It is not Erik's fault his entire dev team was stripped away from him and sent to work on another game.
It's all about HOW you ask. Dont approach them in a fit of rage. I spoke with one privately an hour or 2 ago, game is still being worked on, but they feel changes were made in the plans for the game, and they have been left in the dark with said changes just as we have been.
Wildcard pulls the strings for Grapeshot. They were behind on ARK development, and pull all the programmers out of Grapeshot help to fix it. Leaving Erik with no team to work on his game."

So for resume they are working on genesis since some month and should comeback later when they fix their new dlc on ARK

Edited by HansenSM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HansenSM said:

for everyone who want more information i found this on twitter:

A friend from eric seem's to defend him and give some interesting information:

"Atlas killed itself. It is not Erik's fault his entire dev team was stripped away from him and sent to work on another game.
It's all about HOW you ask. Dont approach them in a fit of rage. I spoke with one privately an hour or 2 ago, game is still being worked on, but they feel changes were made in the plans for the game, and they have been left in the dark with said changes just as we have been.
Wildcard pulls the strings for Grapeshot. They were behind on ARK development, and pull all the programmers out of Grapeshot help to fix it. Leaving Erik with no team to work on his game."

So for resume they are working on genesis since some month and should comeback later when they fix their new dlc on ARK

Glad to here what was said. Unfortunately by the time they are ready to come back - as they have given the community zero info - there might not be anything to come back to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×