lordkhan4444

is this game officaly dead now?

4 hours ago, RedLeg said:

7232 views to this post.

That's a lot of interested players.

To be fair this post was made 2 years ago. In the beginning this forums was very lively. You couldn’t go 5 minutes without missing a reply. Ghost town now.

19 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

To be fair this post was made 2 years ago. In the beginning this forums was very lively. You couldn’t go 5 minutes without missing a reply. Ghost town now.

You should see the server I'm on, far from dead. I just bumped it in advertisements.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

You should see the server I'm on, far from dead. I just bumped it in advertisements.

Steam charts show unofficial as well. The game is very dead. Those numbers are pathetic. They were before but now it is just sad.

7 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

Steam charts show unofficial as well. The game is very dead. Those numbers are pathetic. They were before but now it is just sad.

Well I guess that server is mixed PVE and PvP grids, which means it's much more attractive to those who want to have some ship fights but hate the offline "raiding" of their bases. When you look around on PVE and PvP Server it often looks like there is much action because you can't build anywhere... on PVE every island is blocked(regarding farms and warehouse) and on PvP you get killed and destroyed every where. Numbers are low of course. Many Players have two accounts playing on PvP and also on PVE there are many "123" running around testing stuff for the PvP action. So it may counts Players double... but I guess steam does not count Xbox Players.

Is the game dead, for me yes. On PVE I can't realy explore something new... only broken stuff anywhere... warehouse not collecting more than 20k resources... market bugged and replaced and now I don't get new trading partners. Blue Prints will not be balanced, nore will there be an improvements in the Drops... killed 15 Lvl 52+ Gallies on PVE and only one dropped a ship part mystical small gun ports 152%... all others only amunition and gold. I see no reason to play this game anymore... nore wasting my time and health playing PvP.

Edited by Nacona

On 1/27/2022 at 8:30 AM, Nacona said:

Well I guess that server is mixed PVE and PvP grids, which means it's much more attractive to those who want to have some ship fights but hate the offline "raiding" of their bases. When you look around on PVE and PvP Server it often looks like there is much action because you can't build anywhere... on PVE every island is blocked(regarding farms and warehouse) and on PvP you get killed and destroyed every where. Numbers are low of course. Many Players have two accounts playing on PvP and also on PVE there are many "123" running around testing stuff for the PvP action. So it may counts Players double... but I guess steam does not count Xbox Players.

Is the game dead, for me yes. On PVE I can't realy explore something new... only broken stuff anywhere... warehouse not collecting more than 20k resources... market bugged and replaced and now I don't get new trading partners. Blue Prints will not be balanced, nore will there be an improvements in the Drops... killed 15 Lvl 52+ Gallies on PVE and only one dropped a ship part mystical small gun ports 152%... all others only amunition and gold. I see no reason to play this game anymore... nore wasting my time and health playing PvP.

Right on all counts. I played a lot before as well, but with them just changing the map and not actually doing their jobs it has become very stale. Wipe, rinse, repeat. These guys really suck at their jobs.

you are also right that pvp is too much of a time sink. I did that way too much with ark, not doing it again. Pve was good for awhile building up and enjoying content but with the same content every wipe it was just insanity.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:40 PM, Abop said:

Citizen is the gold standard of EA games, 

Valheim is a good example of a great EA game.  Everything works well, no crazy bugs. They just need to add content.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:44 AM, Qusal said:

I spend already spend 1500 dollar on ships in star citizen, maybe Atlas should start selling custom ships to get some funding for new features for Atlas.

That's insane man.  It's just a video game.  Why would you spend $1500 on a game?

On 3/17/2020 at 5:30 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Go to the Steam store page.  Right click the flag, select Fraud. This is in lieu of "project abandoned" as an option.

Grapeshot will be required to issue refunds regardless of hours played. Moreover, this will stop them from posting more shit like this.

That's tempting but in all fairness, if they're releasing updates so we can't say they've abandoned it.

11 hours ago, Gorelander said:

That's tempting but in all fairness, if they're releasing updates so we can't say they've abandoned it.

That is why they just keep changing the map. Little to no effort and we can say they abandoned it. The corruption is real.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, George of the jungle said:

Between 200 and 300 players on a daily base at our server.
We got almost 2K players in there.