PeglegTheAngry

Coronavirus and Atlas

Alright, since the devs are being utterly useless in communicating anything about this. It looks like Old Maly Tokes is gonna have to do it.

As Kirkland Washington (where Wildcard/GS is located ) is the epicenter for the COVID-19 pandemic; all development in the area (not just games) is basically in idle mode. King County has requested that all workers who can work remotely, do so. Ergo; both Genesis and Atlas are going to be taking on a big delay. I anticipate this delay lasting between three weeks to a year.

The good news is that you can help to shorten this delay by

WASHING YOUR NASTY ASS HANDS AND AVOIDING LARGE GATHERINGS OF PEOPLE

Stay home.

Avoid contact and proximity with everyone but your spouse and immediate housemates/children. (this includes family you have not seen for some time) If they don't live with you, they don't exist.

What to do to prepare for long term productivity drops:

Buy food: Smoked and cured preserved goods, canned goods, and non perishable produce like potatoes and onions. 

Bottle your tap water. Boil this water before using it if it sits for more than 3 days.

Stock up on ammunition, and replacement parts for your personally owned firearms.

Stock up on RECHARGEABLE batteries for your devices.

Get a local paper road map, a compass, and an actual sextant. Sat nets may go down.

Most of all, stay safe. Fighting for survival should stay on The Arks or on The Atlas.

-signed

A player who should be a social media manager.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

7 hours ago, Slash78 said:

If Atlas development is delayed by a year...would anyone notice?

har har

5 hours ago, SeroJ said:

What development? 😛

😥

Well I also work in Kirkland. I know that game development is exactly one of those jobs you can telecommute to, so I don't think these devs will miss much work.

Washington state is now limiting all gatherings to 50 or less people. I think restaurants are going to be closed starting Monday. Who knows what will happen next.

Edited by wildbill

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

Well I also work in Kirkland.

I live and work in Kent, currently out of state in PA.

I sure hope I can get home tomorrow!

However, I can assure you that telecommuting hurts productivity. (Although, that might change after the first week or so)

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

So basically things that dont need to be fixed won't be fixed and things that do need to be fixed and are ignored will continue to need to be fixed and ignored. Gotcha

Oh you mean the people who do 100% of thier work on a pc by themselves mostly. They would miss a day to set up thier workstations at home. And that assuming they dont already have that.

There is really something wrong with the American psych if the first thing you think about when there is a flue epidemic is grab the gun and go into third world war mode.

Enjoy the time off play some games and chill, I love working from home.

Just wish Atlas would work 😞   

• Haha 1

I'm working from home today. I get about the same amount of work done at home as at work. Just got setup recently, but I've worked at home years ago, so understand how to do it and have a good setup for the most part. Biggest problems I've encountered so far come from our tiny IT department (small company) not having everything setup too well.

6 hours ago, Garfi said:

There is really something wrong with the American psych if the first thing you think about when there is a flue epidemic is grab the gun and go into third world war mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ3Bvuvef4

Because the reality is, no one is going to have your back soon. VERY soon.

4 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEQ3Bvuvef4

Because the reality is, no one is going to have your back soon. VERY soon.

Pretty scary stuff. I think the lesson from that video is that that is what happens when a country's health care system becomes so overwhelmed, that it can't respond effectively. We all need to do our part and practice social distancing so we don't end up like the people in the video. Very sad what is happening in Italy. I think that country is one of the worst if not the worst affected by this.

I personally am working at home. I'm washing my hands a lot. I hope everyone does their part and by working together we can get through this.

Edited by wildbill
  • Like 1