Breakwell

Non functioning silo

Lost 100 npcs last night with a silo full of gold. Can anyone explain? Do these devs give a shit Bc I’ve about had it w this bugged BS grapeshot you owe me some npcs. Then I’ll spend hours getting them up an elevator in the water again 

On 3/11/2020 at 7:03 AM, Breakwell said:

Lost 100 npcs last night with a silo full of gold. Can anyone explain? Do these devs give a shit Bc I’ve about had it w this bugged BS grapeshot you owe me some npcs. Then I’ll spend hours getting them up an elevator in the water again 

"Getting them up an elevator in the water again" - what does this mean? I have never used an elevator of any sort for NPCs.

Ya, I agree with acemac, you need both gold and food, just like in the ship. Although in the ship, it is food (berries mostly) in the larder and gold in the ship resources box.

I had thousands of berries in there. And my harbor tower is so tall that I use an elevator to get them up. The waves make getting them on the elevator platform quite difficult 

30 minutes ago, Breakwell said:

I had thousands of berries in there. And my harbor tower is so tall that I use an elevator to get them up. The waves make getting them on the elevator platform quite difficult 

You can whistle crew onto stations. They will TP to it.

I play SP, so the silos don't work anyhow. I tested it awhile back and when I had NPCs on the land, they would still go into mutiny even with food and gold in a Silo that I put right by where I parked the NPCs. I then put a Resource Box in the same room with them and they would still go into mutiny. Basically, I have developed many workarounds for the tedious bugs that seem to be rampant and kill gameplay. But most of the workarounds require that I limit my exposure in the game, which is not a good workaround.

In order to not lose crew, I only have enough crew to man the one ship I am sailing. I don't make other ships because if you leave a ship in a zone, it may not be there when you come back. I don't build a lot for the same reason, things disappear whenever you leave the zone. Can't leave resources on the land, they disappear as well. You have to basically carry everything with you when you go anywhere,  So I have to use mods to increase the carry weight of my ship so I can carry all the resources and tames I have collected. I have to cheat in what resources and equipment that is lost in between logins.

Every time I log in, I have to go to each crew member and take off their armor, then re-equip them, if I don't, their armor 'bleeds' away and disappears, and you have to remake the armor pieces that disappear. Can be a tedious process if you have a lot of crew, but gives me the chance to increase their health points.

Before I log out, I have to take all items on my character and put them into a chest, and then go and keep a count of all my resources so that I know how much came up missing the next time I log in. Although, I don't lose resources every time. Sure hate it when I check the ammo crate and find that I am only left with 1 cannon ball after leaving 1200 in it the night before.

You know, if they would just fix a bunch of these little issues, then the big issues would probably sort themselves out. For some reason, the saving process that occurs when you log out somehow tends to get corrupted cause it can't keep track of what items you have stored in the different locations. Other games don't seem to have this problem.