Sushi VII

Warrior of the Damned are too strong

The most common problem I have with getting map chests are the warriors of the damned. Theyre way too strong. Im lvl 41 with full plate armor, a heavy mace, drinking grog before the fights, and Im getting destroyed by a single lvl 15 warrior. By the time I manage to kill them by luck without dying, the whole group respawns again, and if the first warrior isnt already dead, then another spawns with the new group so Im fighting off 2 warriors now. Another time I had 4 warriors spawn and by that time I just had to abandon that chest.

I think Warriors of the Damned should at least spawn last AFTER youve killed every other lesser undead, so the Warrior at the end would be a 1v1 mini boss to defeat to then dig up the chest. Having them spawn at the same time as all the others is just overkill on a player.

Overkill on a player yes, but not on a tame. Warriors and the other armies are too weak. Good that they buffed them. 95% of the atlas people use tames so to make them more melee friendly means it will be heavily unbalanced for everyone that uses tames - so 95%. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Overkill on a player yes, but not on a tame. Warriors and the other armies are too weak. Good that they buffed them. 95% of the atlas people use tames so to make them more melee friendly means it will be heavily unbalanced for everyone that uses tames - so 95%. 

Well in that sense then I agree with you. Keep them buffed as they are but Id say the warrior spawning alone after the others are killed will feel better overall, like an addition to depth of achievement.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:17 PM, Sushi VII said:

Well in that sense then I agree with you. Keep them buffed as they are but Id say the warrior spawning alone after the others are killed will feel better overall, like an addition to depth of achievement.

Seems like an improvement but I wonder what would happen to the noob that thinks the fight is done and starts digging only to be attacked by the warrior 😀

• Haha 1

the problem is the same problem this game has with everything. the only way to do 90% of the content is to cheese it. maps are done by cheesing either with a tame or by blocking the spawn with billboards etc so they cat chase you. 

Using a tame isn't cheese, and this is multiplayer, 2 or 3 of you on a bear and they are still too easy

Curious about this as well as I play single player but not on single player settings. Not all multiplayer designed activities are overcomable with extra grinding...

7 hours ago, Acemac said:

the problem is the same problem this game has with everything. the only way to do 90% of the content is to cheese it. maps are done by cheesing either with a tame or by blocking the spawn with billboards etc so they cat chase you. 

It’s probably 100% over at ARK and that game isn’t going too bad. 

I've been able to kill the lower lvls off pretty easily in no time, but even using my bear against multiple warriors was a bit rough. As a solo player it can be hard and I had to run my bear away because it would have been killed. Having other people in your company does make things much easier

Use lions and wolves to send in first then wade in with  your mace if you like doing things the macho way. If not just get a Bear. build a bed nearby as sometime they will  knock you right off the bear and kill you. Again you can still use lesser tames to soften up the group. Or billboards and fire grenades. if you use fire arrows shoot the ground in front of them it will do more damage. Good luck

Took me getting killed a few times while riding a bear to realize that they can actually hit you when you are on the bear if they get too close. If they hit you a few times it kills you, so you don't even need to get knocked off the bear to get killed. If you use a bear, keep just close enough to hit them, but not so close they can hit you. If you do it just right, they won't even hit the bear.

I've found a tiger to be better over the bear.  More mobile, bleed works on AOTD.  Just jump in after spawn, take a few fast swipes, jump out, circle around, repeat.

When only the warriors are left, just walk backwards slowly, swiping. Their attacks are slow and predictable.