Slash78

Use Ark Equus taming feature for...

I don't know why they haven't used the Equus taming feature from Ark for any animals in this game.  I would be great for Horses and maybe even use if for Bulls.

This is another one of those things that I believe could be improved by taking the best of both worlds and to create the best product possible. 

As it is, they each have their very specific methods for taming in each game. 

For Ark: 

• Knockout Taming
  • Passive Taming
  • Egg Snatching

For Atlas: 

• Bola & Feeding
  • Passive

From an Atlas perspective,  if you were to look at it with some of the Ark taming methods, you could arrange the following:

• Horse Taming
    • Bola & Feeding or Passive Riding
  • Birds Taming
    • Bola & Feeding or Egg Snatching 
      • The Egg Snatching could be added in small hidden nests were added to the game. Either as a low percentage found in trees or small nests hidden behind rocks.
        • Tree Collection: to collect them from the trees, it may need to be left standing and a grappling hook used to grab the egg. Destroy the tree - destroy the egg. 
        • Rock Collection: if found behind a rock, the rock would need to be harvested by hand - not with a creature - in order to carefully remove the egg. 
      • In both cases once the egg is picked up, all of the creature type for the egg would fly/run into attack mode. 
  • Larger Creature Taming 
    • Bola & Feeding or Knockout Taming
      • Pretty self explanatory. You can Bola them and feed them as you do now, or you could knock them out and feed them through their inventories as you do with Ark. The argument could be made though... why? Why choose one method over the other. It can't be related to the tamed levels earned as that could cause people to choose the best without considering the others. This is one idea that may or may not work and could be expanded upon. 
        • Bola & Feeding is the basic method currently set as it is.
        • Knockout Taming would require the use of prepared weaponry and narco inspired arrows or darts, it would take longer for the creature to eat as it is sleeping, but the effectiveness would be the same. The pro to this method would be the lack of fighting back that you can get from the bolas such as being bloodied by Tiger or the turning of the Giraffe in a pen. 
  • Passive Creature Taming
    • Much like the Horse, I do believe there should be a secondary option to taming some of the larger non-aggressive animals. This idea however, would include a new phase in the creatures lives as I have it figured below;
      • If a life cycle was added to the wild creatures - meaning that wild creatures would have infants, adolescents, and juveniles running around with them - a new passive taming method could be added to those in the younger stages of life. You would have to sneak up on them and avoid being seen by the parents as they would be semi protective of their young. 
      • You could then befriend the young creature and when the grow to an adult, they would then be available for you to claim. The raising period in this case would the be same as if you were to birth or hatch the creature yourself. 

This is all really to just a bit more of variety and options to players. I know that the creature taming and breeding aren't a major concern, however should they work on it again I hope they do so by expanding what little they have. 

That is just one players opinion though. 😀

1 hour ago, Slash78 said:

Except I really grew to hate knockout taming playing Ark.

I am not suggesting they change to it fully, but that it be added as an option. Some prefer it, some prefer Atlas' method. Adding both to each game could give players to choose the set that best supports they way to play and their preferences.