Muppetish

Too much negativity

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

The trouble is they were focused on one game, the devs on Atlas are focused on Ark, they are not focused on one project which is why I don't see the point in splitting the dev team, waste of time.

No Man Sky is a fine example of how it should be done, i've got many hours in that game also and at launch was poor just like Atlas. They listened to the community and turned it around, I don't get that vibe with Atlas though, it's a lost cause, you either like it as it is or not at all.

The worst part is they couldn't care less about the community, it costs nothing to come here and say something like "we are aware of the concerns within the community of Atlas, we can assure you we will be bringing some updates fairly soon, more new content is on the way" they haven't got a clue about development, I'm surprised they made Ark not that i've played it. Like a bunch of people thrown in the same room doing different things, no coordination.

I've Tweeted many times to Jat and Dollie about how bad they are, take no notice, they're not bothered whether it goes under or not. Communication is not one of their strong points if they had any at all. I'd be over the moon if some other devs took it over.

Ark is nothing more than a pile of thrown together content and features in a sandbox.  Many people like it because they like exploring the new maps, or collecting new creatures.  Others like it because they love to harass people and chase them off servers.

Hell, even the "boss fights" are nothing more than a resource grind.  No real point to them other than "well, we gotta give players more to do".

17 hours ago, DannyUK said:

The trouble is they were focused on one game, the devs on Atlas are focused on Ark, they are not focused on one project which is why I don't see the point in splitting the dev team, waste of time.

No Man Sky is a fine example of how it should be done, i've got many hours in that game also and at launch was poor just like Atlas. They listened to the community and turned it around, I don't get that vibe with Atlas though, it's a lost cause, you either like it as it is or not at all.

The worst part is they couldn't care less about the community, it costs nothing to come here and say something like "we are aware of the concerns within the community of Atlas, we can assure you we will be bringing some updates fairly soon, more new content is on the way" they haven't got a clue about development, I'm surprised they made Ark not that i've played it. Like a bunch of people thrown in the same room doing different things, no coordination.

I've Tweeted many times to Jat and Dollie about how bad they are, take no notice, they're not bothered whether it goes under or not. Communication is not one of their strong points if they had any at all. I'd be over the moon if some other devs took it over.

I have to agree, I'd like to see the features from the road map being added. I play Early Access games because they tend to get new features more often. I'm just as disappointed as everyone in the slow progress.

Not sure I agree that No Man's Sky is all that great of an example. Atlas could still go the same way it did. NMS was released in 2016, it took them like 3 years to make it into a decent game and the one release I played (I think it was called beyond update), was a huge mess. They added 3D and broke all of the land vehicles so you couldn't see worth shit from them. Didn't fix that for months.

NMS does seem to listen though. Although their community doesn't seem near as hostile as this one. Not sure I'd respond to much here if I was in the dev team.

• Like 3

ark is kinda like being 5 years old playing with your plastic dinosaurs in a sandbox the neighborhood cats use as a litterbox...

some people cherish that memory.

personally i was hoping the whole "we made a new game company" thing would distance atlas from ark and create something the neighborhood cats dont shit in.

(yes this kinda contradicts a previous post. suggesting they join up was a last ditch emergency thought)

And apparently I have to pull the boat over and separate a few people. ⛵

Please fight somewhere else, like PMs.  You can fight there all you want.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jerryn said:

Two men have an argument at a bar that turns into a shootout. One gets shot and dies. his funeral takes place 3 days later.
4 days after the funeral, cops finally show up at the bar. "hey you! put your guns down! that's it, you're both going to jail, this is not the place to be doing this. we need to separate you two!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alright lets be real here.  Your name is either ironic or on the nose... Muppetish. That being said, I will be the first one to stomp a mud-hole in another players ass for being needlessly toxic at the devs (ask Percival about that one.) as I very much so understand how hard it can be to develop, being a video game artist myself.  I could even accept  the silence if I didn't see the team active on Twitter, and Discord with Ark. I've often said how privileged we are to have access to the devs at our current level. But, that privilege has a drawback: we can see when devs are ignoring us. I'm in no hurry to be abusive at the devs. But, I have reached the end of my "just be positive" will.

The development drought isn't the problem: It's the silence. The "Seattle Freeze" but for an game's entire playerbase. As a player, I am insulted. I feel betrayed, cheated, neglected.

It wouldn't bother me if I didn't see that my Discord/Twitter messages to the devs were being read. It wouldn't bother me if they weren't so active with Genesis, but completely ignore Atlas.  

Clearly its not handed down from Snail; because Asian/Russian Atlas playerbase is bigger than other groups.

Obviously, its not due to a lack of passion or ability. Look at Genesis posts.

It can't be due to player treatment. Devblogs don't have comment sections.

The devs call Atlas an MMORPG but treat it like a sandbox shooter.

So, whats the problem?  Why the silence?

It's really not fair. Worse, its an insult to the collective intelligence of thousands of people; and it does a disservice to the devs own image.

As a dev, its angering.

Why squander this product? It's a guaranteed success all it needs is some bug fixes and it can sustain itself on occasional DLC or endgame content patches. It's nearly a complete game: WHY WASTE THIS? The game shot into the 10ks for over three weeks. Dev response? SILENCE. Holy shit, talk about a missed opportunity: If I were Snail, aggressively take over and reduce Jat and Dollie's roles in this game, if at all keeping them on the team for missing  an easy retention opportunity.

How can you take a GUARANTEED SUCCESS like Atlas and ruin it by ignoring the players and other bonehead decisions?

Why would you, after a year and several months not add any sort of logging or item restoration? The game already assigns IDs, which are linked to all the details about a tame or building/ship. Would it REALLY be that much effort to store this information to say... a TEXT FILE so that all a GM/Mod has to do is RUN A COMMAND to restore said item from the list? Let me answer that for you: No, its not that much work. Because the work is literally already done. it would be about five lines of code to write this information (THATS ALREADY THERE AND PASSABLE to a fucking .ini or .bat

No one can be this negligent on accident.

I just want to know, is this game going to get developed more?

Should I start working on a "community patch" to make up for the shit the devs fail to do? If thats the case please just let us know. I love this game, plenty of us would be more than happy to develop our own patches.

Just fucking say anything already.

Edited by PeglegTheAngry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jerryn said:

Or instead of hidding the problem under the carpet you could enforce the forum rules so that offenders dont see this forum as their private trolling ground? just saying.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

Or instead of hidding the problem under the carpet you could enforce the forum rules so that offenders dont see this forum as their private trolling ground? just saying. 

Hey how are you lol

Alright lets be real here.  Your name is either ironic or on the nose... Muppetish.  🤣 I like the Muppets and have been known to be a bit of a muppet at times 😂.  I have to admit that when I made the original post I wasn't expecting the devs to be absent for so long.  I recently tried contacting Instinct to see if they have anything to say, no response.  Still, I don't support abusive or offensive behaviour (especially not over a game).  It seems to me that one of Grapeshots biggest mistakes was releasing so early, too late now the damage has been done.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:15 PM, DannyUK said:

Maybe the No Man's Sky devs are just having the great comfort of having players that simply are hardcore™ enough for their likings.

Not like the whiny bunch of sissies that we are, apparently.

The game is not utter crap, it's us being too weak to get any fun out of it.

You have to violently pry your fun from out of this pile of bugs, just like you would when trying to squeeze juice from a rock.

Any sarcasm found in this post is purely coincidental.

Edited by user1

7 hours ago, Muppetish said:

I like the Muppets and have been known to be a bit of a muppet at times 😂. 

Lead dev is.... Jatheish so...

• Haha 1

Well I think the burning question we all need answered now is.......Who's your favourite muppet? Mine's Animal btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

Well I think the burning question we all need answered now is.......Who's your favourite muppet? Mine's Animal btw.

Gonzo, but Animal is a close second 

On 3/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

Two men have an argument at a bar that turns into a shootout. One gets shot and dies. his funeral takes place 3 days later.
4 days after the funeral, cops finally show up at the bar. "hey you! put your guns down! that's it, you're both going to jail, this is not the place to be doing this. we need to separate you two!"

Lol...

On 3/11/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jerryn said:

Lol.... you would need to be sailing first.

PM me bro 😉

On 3/11/2020 at 12:38 PM, The D Legacy said:

I miss that realist guy, but you're a good replacement. 

Edited by eeeceee

3 hours ago, eeeceee said:

I miss that realist guy, but you're a good replacement. 

you probably need a cat...or 2...

On 3/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, Whitehawk said:

the angry green guy that lives on the street! duh!

swedish chef is a VERY close second. heeeeey derp derp

5 hours ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

What kind of insult is that. lmfao

oh come on, he already admitted his life is so empty that he needs to hung to a random guy on the internet, probably the guy has severe depression or something like that, lets not be a bullies on the weak.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The D Legacy said:

oh come on, he already admitted his life is so empty that he needs to hung to a random guy on the internet, probably the guy has severe depression or something like that, lets not be a bullies on the weak.

When was the last time you played Atlas? Posting on the atlas forums while not playing the game, that must be a really severe depression you got going there, tough guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1