Sign in to follow this  
Wulf2k

Babies starving with food on their body

I've been doing some breeding lately and have had a few unexplained deaths.  Doing batches of about 10 babies per attempt.

Last week, 3 or 4 bear cubs mysteriously died the second they hit 10% maturity.  There was food in the troughs and when i went to check on the corpses, there was food on them too.  I had a couple unexplained deaths at the next batch, unsure of whether it was at exactly 10% but they definitely had food on them and the trough.

This morning I was sloppy and let my trough run empty, so i can't blame the 5 dead cubs on a bug, but the crew log shows that they all starved to death at the exact same second.  They would've had random amount of foods in their inventory, and while it wouldn't have been enough to see any of them through to adulthood, they should've randomly died staggered throughout the day instead of all at once and maybe I could've saved the rest after the first message.

Wasn't this exact thing an issue in early Ark?

Anybody have details on that, or able to confirm that they've had similar issues as me?

Edit:  Since i'm apparently limited on how often i can post....

I feed my bears edible greens.  I usually pay attention to them until i can get at least 4 full stacks on them (overflowing into a fifth).  I don't pay attention to the % at that point, but it's probably 3%ish?

Of the ones that live, they usually have at least 3 partial stacks of greens still on them when they hit adult, so i'm not cutting it remotely close with their maturation / trough feeding timers.

Edited by Wulf2k