Percieval

Now genesis is out, is the focus back to atlas?

8 minutes ago, Senkoau said:

I'd just like to add fleets of the damned to that list. Its what stopped me playing and until there's an option to remove them I'm not likely to return. I'd love to sail around the world exploring islands, gathering resources but when you get a dozen enemy ships that can demolish yours easily over and over and over and over its not worth the effort. I could build a ship that can fight them but it'd be a ship built specifically to FIGHT them not a ship for exploration or with flavour and roleplaying touches like cabins for the NPC crew. Solo game so resource issues only affect me.

When I heard about changes to the SotD I was excited.  Until I found out they were always going to be traveling in fleets.  Good job devs, one step forward, two steps back.  An occasional Fleet of the Damned wouldn't be bad.  But them always coming in fleets is a huge misstep.

Second misstep, only NPC enemy's at sea are the SotD and some whales.  It's been over a year and that's all you got Devs?

46 minutes ago, Senkoau said:

I'd just like to add fleets of the damned to that list. Its what stopped me playing and until there's an option to remove them I'm not likely to return. I'd love to sail around the world exploring islands, gathering resources but when you get a dozen enemy ships that can demolish yours easily over and over and over and over its not worth the effort. I could build a ship that can fight them but it'd be a ship built specifically to FIGHT them not a ship for exploration or with flavour and roleplaying touches like cabins for the NPC crew. Solo game so resource issues only affect me.

Well, instead of building a ship to fight the SOTD, you could just have a ship with the resistance so high, they do very little damage. The unofficial server I play on boosted the ships leveling so high, you just need to level the resistance maybe 10 times and your are fairly safe. I leveled a modded ship to 300 resistance. I had three SOTD attacking my ship when a mermaid pulled me off. I managed to slug the mermaid and then swim back, all the time my ship is taking hits. I get on, I try to sail away, but my main sail is missing the NPC. So I take about 30 more seconds, finally get going, I fire on the ships behind me, destroy two of them and make my escape. I anchor a few minutes later and check the ship. No plank has more than about 10% damage.

Seems kind of ridiculous, but until the game is improved and balanced out, I'm just going to play the game in a way that all the problems kind of disappear. It is still plenty of fun. The main challenge becomes the bugs in the game and not the actual game play which becomes pretty easy 😀

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

Well, instead of building a ship to fight the SOTD, you could just have a ship with the resistance so high, they do very little damage. The unofficial server I play on boosted the ships leveling so high, you just need to level the resistance maybe 10 times and your are fairly safe. I leveled a modded ship to 300 resistance. I had three SOTD attacking my ship when a mermaid pulled me off. I managed to slug the mermaid and then swim back, all the time my ship is taking hits. I get on, I try to sail away, but my main sail is missing the NPC. So I take about 30 more seconds, finally get going, I fire on the ships behind me, destroy two of them and make my escape. I anchor a few minutes later and check the ship. No plank has more than about 10% damage.

Seems kind of ridiculous, but until the game is improved and balanced out, I'm just going to play the game in a way that all the problems kind of disappear. It is still plenty of fun. The main challenge becomes the bugs in the game and not the actual game play which becomes pretty easy 😀

I usually put all points into weight, so it's hard for me to weigh my ship down enough for them to catch me.

What if everyone of us would start mentioning Jat and Dollie under this post? Would that help anything? 😄 

Can we get an official response for you guys replacement devs? @Jatheish @Dollie

Edited by Percieval

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

What if everyone of us would start mentioning Jat and Dollie under this post? Would that help anything? 😄 

Can we get an official response for you guys replacement devs? @Jatheish @Dollie

Sorry, they are too busy talking about Ark.  

13 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Sorry, they are too busy talking about Ark.  

Now now.  They do log in to the forum once a week so nobody can say they haven't logged in for more than a week (except right when genesis was launching they slipped up).

7 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

Now now.  They do log in to the forum once a week so nobody can say they haven't logged in for more than a week (except right when genesis was launching they slipped up).

Not only are they talking about Ark, both Jat and Dollie have Ark job titles currently.  Jat is the "Product Manager" and Dollie is "Live Operations" for Ark.  They are still supposedly the "Community Lead" and "Community Manager" for respectively for Atlas, but they've been doing neither.  Nor is new content in the works.  

Look at the latest Patch (from a month ago).  Big fixes, re-balancing, adding stuff to loot tables that probably should have been there all along.  If you look at everything that's came since XBox launch, it's all stuff you see post launch.  They no longer seem to be actively developing the game, only maintaining it.

it sounds like they both got promotions. happy for them.

would still like an official atlas announcement tho

at this point wouldnt it make sense to make atlas a world within the ark universe? would help explain the dinosaur sized snakes and the magical undead things. 

also, i kinda want to see a raptor boarding party...

20 hours ago, MOTIK said:

it sounds like they both got promotions. happy for them.

would still like an official atlas announcement tho

at this point wouldnt it make sense to make atlas a world within the ark universe? would help explain the dinosaur sized snakes and the magical undead things. 

also, i kinda want to see a raptor boarding party...

No, they made the studio Grapeshot Games so stuff like this would NOT happen. Yet it does, not even 1 year after launch. Great job @Jatheish @Dollie

Percieval i understand that was the original goal. if the options are atlas becoming abandon-ware or getting folded into the ark-verse and completed it becomes a reasonable option.

just me trying to think of solutions. not that my thoughts matter haha

cheers

Unless they gave people the base game of ark for free, then re - introducing atlas as a dlc or a new world in ark would be grossly unfair. Also not everyone who plays atlas actually likes ark.

• Like 1

Grapeshot games does not have a wiki page.  Maybe someone here can set one up and let the world know how well things are going by listing a timeline of events.  🙂