terriblegamerjoe

Mob difficulty

I just started playing on the online servers, and I can't seem to kill anything... literally level 2 mobs kill me.

I tried to kill a sheep with a spear, and hit it the first time, but missed every other time because it started running away, and I ran out of stamina trying to chase it down, meanwhile it's health regens.. a freaking sheep....

What am I doing wrong?

Yes. You need practice. I generally switch to arrows as soon as I can. I find that the first hit sort of stuns a creature and with practice you can get off a second shot. With low level stuff, it takes just two shots to kill some stuff.

You could also tame a monkey (they're a passive tame, so easy). Carry it on your shoulder and they throw poop at your target and slow it, allowing you to get more hits in and/or escape if things get dicey. Just keep in mind you can't tame on a freeport island 🙂

If something's a runner, try to trap it with wooden signs before you kill it.

Build a U shape and chase things into it.  Super cheap and easy at low levels.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, terriblegamerjoe said:

I just started playing on the online servers, and I can't seem to kill anything... literally level 2 mobs kill me.

I tried to kill a sheep with a spear, and hit it the first time, but missed every other time because it started running away, and I ran out of stamina trying to chase it down, meanwhile it's health regens.. a freaking sheep....

What am I doing wrong?

Try killing Chickens.  They are much easier.

And as much as I hate to say it...but you're just gonna have to learn what you can and can't kill and when.

Much like ark, enemies feel like they were tuned to be fought on mounts, and once mounted most combat becomes entirely trivial.

Still with proper weapons and armor like a pike and stuff, you can reasonably kill most enemies on foot in melee. But still, i just recommend pursuing taming early