Cutmyselfshaving

Island Claim (Purpose is...)

Island Claim:

Why? (Needs input)

I have read from other posts that it will allow control of the building of other’s on the island.

To what end? (Needs dev input)

Is this the actual purpose of this design/feature?

I would like some input from a dev or mod on what the actual explanation is.

CONTEXT:

Day 4268, 19:31:21: ServerAdmin Message: (Edited) - You have built so close to your neighbor that they aren't even able to repair their own structures as well as placed structures beneath their ships.
Day 4268, 19:51:37: ServerAdmin Message: In short, give your neighbors a little room to breath, and don't be guilty of the very same kind of thing that you reported them for just a few days ago.
Day 4268, 20:32:58: ServerAdmin Message: These messages can be found in your Crew Log if you did not have time to read them entirely while on your screen.
Day 4268, 21:09:11: ServerAdmin Message: I will be checking back tomorrow and expect to find no more items that either of you could report the other for.

Have an Island claim, they littered the entire island, and blocked our ships.

Removed the litter with the island owner demolish (took 2 hours roughly), then reported to have ships moved to allow ours passage again. 

The ships were moved, however they were only moved far enough for us to sail again. Which happened to be right over a gate we placed to protect our space for a marketplace.

The base of the settler was established, it was quite small. Now there are large walls acting as a perimeter far outside the bases boundaries and because they cannot extend them any farther, we are now the problem.

The option was available to remove the walls however we seen no reason to if that is what their intentions were yet now we are the target.

of note: what prevents anyone from repairing besides lack of materials? I have never had a structure limit my abilities to perform repairs.

So if an actual dev or mod can please explain to me what the point of island ownership is if we are to be threatened by admins for something that from what I’ve read on the forums is the purpose of island claims to begin with, it would be appreciated.

(Have opened tickets, no response).

(Being on a small island on xbox was nice, however now we have claim to an island in name only as it appears the settlers are the true owners).

You've got 24 hours to demolish new buildings on claimed islands. If settlers were already there, you're stuck with them til they move on.

As for repairing being unavailable. That likely means that parts of their building have gone missing, most likely due in part to the disappearing structure glitch.  If the walls/floors are too close to another structure it won't let you put up walls, even if you were able to build prior. The build distance system is totally jacked up atm. And likely won't be corrected/adjusted for sometime.  As a small island owner, I strongly suggest having a zero tolerance policy for island occupants. Limited space and resources aren't meant to be shared by multiple companies. To keep people from building on the island, I'd suggest well placed foundations with some pillars, to prevent anyone from finding build space.

So this is on an official server?

I don't play the officials because of things like this happening. Most unofficial servers don't use the island claiming mechanic. It is not an improvement on the previous system (which most unofficial servers still use). The system used by unofficial servers requires that people be considerate of other players, which unfortunately isn't always the case on official servers.

Hundreds and hundreds of hours on lawless with zero problem. Island claim is great for some who like more control of the construction around them. If you play long enough, you will end up seeing everybody come and go from lawless except a few and usually those become great friends.

Edited by Gomez Addams
  • Like 1