Sign in to follow this  
Tonono

Rules at 2020

HI, I played this game a year ago and now I would like to know how is de pvp actually. I know rules change few months ago, so I would like to know if people can raid , how and where is posible because I want to know if I can sleep without lost my home.

To sum it up:
If you EVER leave your PC for more than 2 hours, all of the following are going to happen:

* ALL of your ships will be destroyed and looted,

* ALL of your tames will be killed,

* ALL your structures will be destroyed and looted,

* YOU will be either killed and looted, or possibly kept imprisoned for hours for even greater fun for at least one of the involved parties

The same happens whenever you are spotted by any medium sized or larger clan.

Unless you are part of a 50something mega tribe that can afford to safeguard their assets 24/7

Edited by user1

4 hours ago, user1 said:

To sum it up:
If you EVER leave your PC for more than 2 hours, all of the following are going to happen:
* YOU will be either killed and looted, or possibly kept imprisoned for hours for even greater fun for at least one of the involved parties

Or you live in a Freeport and you only loose your ships after 36hr (max) while anything else is still there (for the next 10, respectively 20 days)...
Other than that you only loose stuff to PVP when you are ONLINE and willing... and as most "hard-core PVPler" are always of the offline-type it is 'very hard' to loose stuff...

8 hours ago, user1 said:

To sum it up:

The same happens whenever you are spotted by any medium sized or larger clan.

Unless you are part of a 50something mega tribe that can afford to safeguard their assets 24/7

This has not been my experience at all with the combat timers you have 14 hours of asset safety spend some time making your stuff less attractive to be looted and you will be fine.  

well, it all really depends what you want to do...
if you want to solo it, play the game casually or are with a small 2-8 active group, owning an island/islands might not be for you... your best bet is to find a large company that will allow you to build on their land. most companies love renters on their island because that's free resources in their tax bank they don't need to farm them selves. pick a group that has a good well established harbor you can park your boats at and hopefully you can join their renter alliance and have access to their harbors and islands.  

now if you're a lawless pirate and you just want to live reckless and kill/raid indiscriminately, make yourself an underwater crafting fob where you will store all your valuables... make it deep and far out. set a company wide maker so you always know where it is. spam bed boxes all over the island so you can spawn in easy.  craft what we call a "boat in a box" that you can put up on the fly when you log back in because its very rare that your boat will last the night on a lawless island. put your tames in random spots, preferably hidden. don't bother building a tame barn structure because that will attract griefers... or you can park a gally in freeport and make that your base where you store all your tames and valuables... you just gotta maintain it every 6 hours... but honestly, that seems like more work than it's worth. 

but IMO if you are looking to have fun and experience the game for everything that it has to offer, id suggest joining a large established group. but beware, there's always drama and intrigue in a large gaming community.. 

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

or you can park a gally in freeport and make that your base where you store all your tames and valuables... you just gotta maintain it every 6 hours... but honestly, that seems like more work than it's worth.

9hrs * Ship Resistance ~ 36hrs max...

If you really only are 2-8 active players, try Blackwake.

In Atlas, nobody gives a damn shit about you when you're fewer than 50 people, except for people looking to grief you.

Edited by user1