Sign in to follow this  
Anfix

CONGRATS

CONGRATS grapeshot and thank you for keeping up your work! as in 2018/19 you were 1 of worst game devs, you havent let us down this year aswell!!! 

P.S. stupidity cost nothing #wildcard

Edited by Anfix
  • Like 1

Well I have to agree on that one. I have defended the devs in the past, a lot actually. But ever since I found out they are working on an ARK DLC.. Well.. maybe that isn’t the worst part. The worst part is they don’t tell us and ignore everything about Atlas. That’s literally giving the atlas community a middle finger. It’s actually insane how they screw us. 

And they’re timing, as always, couldn’t be better. They had the opportunity to win back a certain amount of the Atlas players after the christmas buff when more than 10K PC players were playing again (haven’t seen that in a while). Now they’ve abandoned Atlas knowing New World is gonna come out so the little group that’s still left will leave it too if New World does promise what they say. 

• Like 2

Over 1 year on you'd expect alot more things in the game, he is certainly right they are some of the worst devs out there. All they have done is move some devs around from Ark to create Atlas and been given the same templates, it hasn't been built from scratch, it's basically Ark.

Still think they should have just added things in Atlas to Ark DLC but they wouldn't do that would they when there is money to be made, then again with the gimmick Xbox release.

If the game was in the hands of devs who have no ties to Ark I think this game would have been much much better with alot more numbers playing the game. I wouldn't mind so much if they communicated with the players but the only ones who get to know what is going on is the big companies in Discord, what a surprise eh.

Alot of us have been here since day 1 and the thanks we get is a measly hat, communication would be enough for me after all we are testing the game for you. About time you started listening to the community. @Jatheish @Dollie

• Like 1

Dunno if its true but i think that ark owners did like this :

had contracts with devs so they couldnt get rid of them  but they were useless... so they just made new ''grapeshot'' and stuffed the most useless ark devs into making atlas and were like - have fun.... the same as they did with dark n light ^^

Edited by Anfix

3 hours ago, Anfix said:

Dunno if its true but i think that ark owners did like this :

had contracts with devs so they couldnt get rid of them  but they were useless... so they just made new ''grapeshot'' and stuffed the most useless ark devs into making atlas and were like - have fun.... the same as they did with dark n light ^^

Except it's easy to get arid of devs if the company doesn't want them.  I think Atlas is more of the case that Wildcard's leadership came up with the idea of an Ark water map expansion...then the idea grew into Atlas...then they lost interest.  Now they are back to Ark.

As much as I do like Atlas and prefer it to Ark, it does feel like a bunch of half thought out ideas grafted onto a fairly early version of Ark.  Then with a "large, MMO" world slapped together.  Because I get the feeling the same leadership always wanted to make an MMO, but never had the technical know-how to do it.  Nor do they seem to have the temperament nor overall game design capabilities to make it work.  There is a big difference between being able to run a game studio and being good at game design.

38 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Except it's easy to get arid of devs if the company doesn't want them.  I think Atlas is more of the case that Wildcard's leadership came up with the idea of an Ark water map expansion...then the idea grew into Atlas...then they lost interest.  Now they are back to Ark.

As much as I do like Atlas and prefer it to Ark, it does feel like a bunch of half thought out ideas grafted onto a fairly early version of Ark.

The fact that Jat and Dollie are posting 5 times more for this ark dlc than they EVER did for atlas (even right at launch) supports that they just lost interest, or never had much to begin with.  My twitter is getting practically spammed by all the shit they're posting, atlas never got that much attention

I'll probably have to unfollow them as I have no real interest in ark.  I imagine they'll quietly remove atlas from their bios and continue pretending it never existed

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

The fact that Jat and Dollie are posting 5 times more for this ark dlc than they EVER did for atlas (even right at launch) supports that they just lost interest, or never had much to begin with.  My twitter is getting practically spammed by all the shit they're posting, atlas never got that much attention

I'll probably have to unfollow them as I have no real interest in ark.  I imagine they'll quietly remove atlas from their bios and continue pretending it never existed

Both Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse took Atlas out of their twitter bios last March/April (might have be February for Jeremy).  Neither one of them have tweeted anything about Atlas since last January and Jesse hasn't retweeted anything about Atlas since August.

Nor was their "roadmap" presentation from 6 or so months ago all that encouraging.  Other than vague stuff about "wanting people to spend more time at sea" they didn't really have anything to say.  Nor do they 1) have any idea the actual problems with the games (some caused by the player base) or 2) an overall idea of what they want the game to actually be.

Atlas Devs on social media: Everything is great! We're doing awesome! Much progress! Great features! Such success! We did good ARK DLC LOL
DdfdKSzU8AA0xBu.jpg

Also ATLAS Devs

giphy.gif

And meanwhile there have been only three updates posted on the official Atlas webpage since the beginning of November.  Three updates in four months...

On 2/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Percieval said:

Well I have to agree on that one. I have defended the devs in the past, a lot actually. But ever since I found out they are working on an ARK DLC.. Well.. maybe that isn’t the worst part. The worst part is they don’t tell us and ignore everything about Atlas. That’s literally giving the atlas community a middle finger. It’s actually insane how they screw us. 

And they’re timing, as always, couldn’t be better. They had the opportunity to win back a certain amount of the Atlas players after the christmas buff when more than 10K PC players were playing again (haven’t seen that in a while). Now they’ve abandoned Atlas knowing New World is gonna come out so the little group that’s still left will leave it too if New World does promise what they say. 

It's sad to say, but yes. I'm also, frankly, tired of defending the game... and playing the game. In all reality, ARK is just better and I'd really rather they just focus on making that.... better. And yeah, I will be playing New World. I suspect many of us will. Honestly, it's looking like Amazon (as weird as that feels to say) will be delivering a very good product. This year is looking at some possibly really fantastic titles in general. And I want to play them. Atlas seems to me to be designed in a way that prevents gamers from... gaming. You basically sell your soul to this one game if you want to get enjoyment out of it. And that'd just not something I want. I don't want to HAVE to log into a game every day. I didn't HAVE to do that shit in WoW, ESO, Everquest, Guild Wars, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Ryzom (being ones I remember off the top of my head)... the only other MMO I can think of that had that be a thing was Ultima Online... and... just sayin'... That's been a while... and even then wasn't exactly a requirement. And please don't get me started on waking up in the middle of the night to imprint or feed a fucking baby animal. That's really just an absurd thing to ask of anyone. It's rarely a thing even real-life breeders need to do (as someone who has, I've literally never had to do this). ARK does suffer some of the same problems, but they took those and made them worse here. But the benefit of ARK is that it is actually entirely playable as a singleplayer game. On your own time at your own pace. You can enjoy ARK and you can enjoy any other title at the same time.

With the total lack of dev communication within the past 6-8 months, I don't see much reason to even bother. These guys had a vision, I think, but totally lack the experience to see it through. It's... almost like they have literally never played any MMOs in the past and have no idea what works and what doesn't.

At this point, I'm here maybe once a month to check in and see if anything is happening. Some kind of lasting hope, I suppose. It's not. My time is better spent elsewhere. And playing other things.

Well i lost interest in ark when they closed up all primitive servers... for me ark was game about dino fights and things like that but in full tek ark dont feel so attractive to me and i know that ALOT of players feel the same.... i have over 6k hrs in ark where 5k hrs was in prim servers.. if you guyz know what i mean about primitive servers where dinos actually matters not like in full tek most of dinos are just for looks and are useless...

so i was expecting atlas to be more about non tek stuff... yet this game is almoast dead..

Edited by Anfix

Last time I played in the multiplayer was right before the last big roadmap failure. Like others have said I pop into the forums now and again to see if anything has actually been done. Im not at all surprised that its still going down hill. So many things could have improved this game. But the devs haven't listened and now we see that things promised were just empty promises.

After 2500 hrs I also abandoned this game. I Not to understand, ATLAS was on the top 10 list of the most played in steam games at the end of the year.

As the developers are giving such a bad treatment to this game, that it showed potential. 

End 2019 with 20k players active, today only 2k online,  obvious  look at the situation what developers managed to  this game. 

The last patch declared the death to game.  

I like very ATLAS and I played 2500hrs.  I will wait for all changes to happen in this game.

in the current game situation, I can't keep wasting my time.

Please developers,  don't abandon this project ATLAS. This game is sensational !!!

Edited by FatalCrazy