The Falcon

recent patch notes---

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 1:15 PM, Percieval said:

If that doesn’t work then I don’t know what it is. With me it’s usually 1 warrior but if there are more it will just take a little bit longer. 

I think people were talking about slightly higher level maps than ones with only one warrior, those are almost as easy as they used to be.

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

I think people were talking about slightly higher level maps than ones with only one warrior, those are almost as easy as they used to be.

1 warrior that’s bugged out. Not 1 warrior in total... 

So, for maps, ofc you can do them with a pack of tames, no doubt about that.
But, it is inconvinient at least, it starts with them following to the map.
Climbing hills, hf
Someone prebuild a ramp, hf
Map an the edge of a mountain, hf
You can do maps with crows too (i assume) , its just a matter of numbers ...

So the question is what tame you need to clear every map solo (one tame one rider).
I dont think a crab can do it anymore, it was hard before buff. Now i hear from expirienced players that they can not do it anymore, even hard with 3 of them (all mounted).
Good enough bear and tiger still can. But the player needs to adapt. There is more chances to get you and your tame killed.

Edited by Kummba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

So, for maps, ofc you can do them with a pack of tames, no doubt about that.
But, it is inconvinient at least, it starts with them following to the map.
Climbing hills, hf
Someone prebuild a ramp, hf
Map an the edge of a mountain, hf
You can do maps with crows too (i assume) , its just a matter of numbers ...

So the question is what tame you need to clear every map solo (one tame one rider).
I dont think a crab can do it anymore, it was hard before buff. Now i hear from expirienced players that they can not do it anymore, even hard with 3 of them (all mounted).
Good enough bear and tiger still can. But the player needs to adapt. There is more chances to get you and your tame killed.

We were able to do masterworks with 1 crab during the time they were killing everyone. After the fix they were easy again and doable with 1 crab. Wondering what experienced players you were talking to? Bit weird they can’t do them even with 3 crabs. 

First, reread, never said they could not with 3.
Then its about dmg output (Burst). Please post the stats of your crab, i might find a similar one and test crab myself.
I talked to different people, including tamer and seller of crabs, telling me they dont work/ do the job now.

My company did a q36 map with a single 140% melee crab before the buff, it was very close tho. From that i would assume that it is hard to impossible to do level 90+ worriors with them now. But i will bring one to test when i do maps next time.
And again, you can kill them with an good elephant if you are able to pin them on a mountain. But it will be impossible to kill them on the other cases, due to the knockback. So one good case is not generall viability for me.

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

First, reread, never said they could not with 3.
Then its about dmg output (Burst). Please post the stats of your crab, i might find a similar one and test crab myself.
I talked to different people, including tamer and seller of crabs, telling me they dont work/ do the job now.

My company did a q36 map with a single 140% melee crab before the buff, it was very close tho. From that i would assume that it is hard to impossible to do level 90+ worriors with them now. But i will bring one to test when i do maps next time.
And again, you can kill them with an good elephant if you are able to pin them on a mountain. But it will be impossible to kill them on the other cases, due to the knockback. So one good case is not generall viability for me.

I’m not at home now, I’ll check where the crab is and tell stats later. 

• Like 1

I've switched to using a tiger now. Crabs get stuck too easy with the Warriors getting under it. 

The maneuverability and speed of the tiger's attack is great. Wear plate, have monkey, eat damage reducing foods and a med kit if things get real hairy.

My tactic:

Spawn map

Nature's cry

Jump in middle of them to kill archers fast

Jump out, run out to kite them

Turn to face them, just walk backwards, swiping.

Time the Warriors attacks, you have time to step in, swipe, step back, before being hit.

Rinse, repeat

Using a crab, can still be done, however, they go through stam like crazy on high levels, feed it shrunken head stew for sure. 

Edited by 8ball
Addition

On 2/21/2020 at 2:01 PM, The Falcon said:

I am trying to get my brain around the rationale for the increased resistance.  Since they changed that item specifically what problem did they see that required the buff?  What are they trying to accomplish with the change?  On green and regular maps the end result has only been to increase the amount of time it takes to kill the AoD.  Where it used to take one use of Nature's Cry, now it takes a second use to complete.  What did this accomplish?  The only thing that sticks out is they don't want solo players doing higher level maps since this change only really affects that.  That approach doesn't make any sense either.  Just makes gold acquisition  more of a grind.

As a solo player I have tried bringing extra animals to the fight but it has not gone well.  My last attempt, I brought 3 high level HP tigers with me to tackle a blue map.  I lost one of the tigers and if not for another player showing up at a crucial moment to help in the fight, I would have lost more.  The tigers just seemed to be confused and standing around and not really taking the fight to the AoD like I thought they would.  I had them whistled to "follow me" and not the bear I was riding.   What is the proper following instructions to use in this scenario to make extra animals the most effective?

Did you have them set to attack your target? And I would have them follow the mount you're on.