The Falcon

recent patch notes---

- Extra damage dealt by AoD treasure guardians reverted (but they kept some of the resistance that was added in the last patch)

This is code for "we are treating AoD guardians as if they alpha creatures".   Which translates into cutting the damage you do to them in half.  Just did a level 9 map.  (green)  On normal creatures my bear hits for 60 hp.  On the AoD that has been nerfed down to about 25.  Which top tier "nature's cry" the bear can do 56 hp.  The AoD were doing around 40 hp to my bear.  Not much of a big deal on low level maps but this discrepancy gets worse the higher the level map.   It is too bad the communication skills of this dev team are sorely lacking and they can't be honest and upfront about some of the changes they make.  I will adapt and overcome but from a business point of view, treating your customers like shit and keeping them in the dark is a really pathetic way to conduct business.

Just move on already... it’s such a minor detail that nobody even cares about it. The aotd were shit easy before. MW’s done with 1 level 40-45 bear. Now they’ve upped the bar. That’s all. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

for once i agree with perci. just bring more bears. its not a big deal.

Yay! now there is definately only one way to do maps. WooHoo!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Motto or summary for the game. Just bring more bears. Its not a big deal.

In other words, Solo players can't do high level maps any more.  All they need to do if they choose to keep this added AotD's resistance is to stop them from despawning and then respawning at full health every 30 seconds.  They shouldn't despawn/respawn at full health at all, but every 30 seconds is ridiculous.  It would also help if the time to actually do the map was increased too (ie once you've killed all the guardians and go back to dig the treasure, a new batch doesn't respawn).

3 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

In other words, Solo players can't do high level maps any more.  All they need to do if they choose to keep this added AotD's resistance is to stop them from despawning and then respawning at full health every 30 seconds.  They shouldn't despawn/respawn at full health at all, but every 30 seconds is ridiculous.  It would also help if the time to actually do the map was increased too (ie once you've killed all the guardians and go back to dig the treasure, a new batch doesn't respawn).

Not that easy anymore, not with tamed bear anymore.
Breed tigers and monkey and you are able to do them, if you avoid getting hit to much.

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

Not that easy anymore, not with tamed bear anymore.
Breed tigers and monkey and you are able to do them, if you avoid getting hit to much.

Will a bear that has 200 melee do the same damage per swipe that a tiger with 200 melee?  I'm not talking about the bleed damage that tigers do, just the swipe damage each animal does.

And again if the AotD stopped despawning and respawning at full health every 30 seconds, problem solved.  Extra time to do each map would help too.  People might even be able to do maps with other methods if there was more time to be able to do them (and no respawning at full health).

They need to do something about the AOTD spawning over and over now that they have more resistance ~ I’ve come across a good amount of other players failed maps with lots of damned that I have to clean up on the way to do my map  ~ If you can’t do it just ask for help, drop the map or sell it ~ Please don’t spam islands with damn everywhere it’s just annoying and selfish 

Alright. I’m not sure what the hell you guys are doing wrong but I’m doing MW maps solo with a crab without many problems. I have done Journeymans with a level 45 (Nothing special) bear without any problems. Are you guys just new to the game or what? 

They were way too easy before. Now they’re a bit tougher but nothing too special. Adjust and move on. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 3

I’m not having any trouble with the maps... I thought they were too easy before ~ I’m complaining about those that have trouble with the maps that die over and over spaming an island with damned it’s just annoying to deal with and those that spam islands on purpose to troll 

17 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

Will a bear that has 200 melee do the same damage per swipe that a tiger with 200 melee?  I'm not talking about the bleed damage that tigers do, just the swipe damage each animal does.

And again if the AotD stopped despawning and respawning at full health every 30 seconds, problem solved.  Extra time to do each map would help too.  People might even be able to do maps with other methods if there was more time to be able to do them (and no respawning at full health).

My selfimprinted tiger with 230 melee does hit for 90 normally. AotD get hit by 40.
I think that is pretty much inline with a bear, maybe swipe is abit more dmg.
But the tiger is way more agile, so you can way more easy avoid getting hit.
Whatever tame you use, now you will not be able to kill all warrior before they borrow at some point. Some will, and that means you receive more dmg, before the changes the worriors were dead without even attacing often.
Doing maps is about beiing able to do them consistently, not only a few prefered ones on the plain, but also the ones in tricky terrain. For them you need some kind of savety in dmg and hp.

Without the healing (despawning and respawning), you could use an elephant, knock them back all the time and deal tickle dmg in between. In general it would mean, HP > dmg. It is not an good approach, as you could just kite them for 10 min, and then complain about lazy game mechanics afterwards 🙂

There have always been abondend spawns of AotD, you just killed them without beeing annoyed. But yeah the changes to not despawn them, were citisised back then too.

I am trying to get my brain around the rationale for the increased resistance.  Since they changed that item specifically what problem did they see that required the buff?  What are they trying to accomplish with the change?  On green and regular maps the end result has only been to increase the amount of time it takes to kill the AoD.  Where it used to take one use of Nature's Cry, now it takes a second use to complete.  What did this accomplish?  The only thing that sticks out is they don't want solo players doing higher level maps since this change only really affects that.  That approach doesn't make any sense either.  Just makes gold acquisition  more of a grind.

As a solo player I have tried bringing extra animals to the fight but it has not gone well.  My last attempt, I brought 3 high level HP tigers with me to tackle a blue map.  I lost one of the tigers and if not for another player showing up at a crucial moment to help in the fight, I would have lost more.  The tigers just seemed to be confused and standing around and not really taking the fight to the AoD like I thought they would.  I had them whistled to "follow me" and not the bear I was riding.   What is the proper following instructions to use in this scenario to make extra animals the most effective?

11 minutes ago, The Falcon said:

I am trying to get my brain around the rationale for the increased resistance.  Since they changed that item specifically what problem did they see that required the buff?  What are they trying to accomplish with the change?  On green and regular maps the end result has only been to increase the amount of time it takes to kill the AoD.  Where it used to take one use of Nature's Cry, now it takes a second use to complete.  What did this accomplish?  The only thing that sticks out is they don't want solo players doing higher level maps since this change only really affects that.  That approach doesn't make any sense either.  Just makes gold acquisition  more of a grind.

As a solo player I have tried bringing extra animals to the fight but it has not gone well.  My last attempt, I brought 3 high level HP tigers with me to tackle a blue map.  I lost one of the tigers and if not for another player showing up at a crucial moment to help in the fight, I would have lost more.  The tigers just seemed to be confused and standing around and not really taking the fight to the AoD like I thought they would.  I had them whistled to "follow me" and not the bear I was riding.   What is the proper following instructions to use in this scenario to make extra animals the most effective?

You’re doing something wrong. I take throw away bears (level 40-45) for maps up to journeyman max. and I never get in trouble. I’m not sure why you’d ask what did they accomplish with the buff. You should ask what they wanted to accomplish with aotd that were way too easy to kill. I’d say try to change your approach. Everything that’s blue or less quality is easily doable with 1 bear. Masterworks dan only be (atleast thats for me) done with a crab for solo’s. 

I seriously don’t get why anyone is bitching about this buff. I really don’t. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Percieval said:

You’re doing something wrong. I take throw away bears (level 40-45) for maps up to journeyman max. and I never get in trouble. I’m not sure why you’d ask what did they accomplish with the buff. You should ask what they wanted to accomplish with aotd that were way too easy to kill. I’d say try to change your approach. Everything that’s blue or less quality is easily doable with 1 bear. Masterworks dan only be (atleast thats for me) done with a crab for solo’s. 

I seriously don’t get why anyone is bitching about this buff. I really don’t. 

I don't see the person you quoted (The Falcon) bitching at all.  He is trying to work out what their rationale was with the resistance buff the AotD's got.  He is right, all it does is stop solos from being able to do the high end maps.  Maps can already be treacherous for a number of reasons.  You might be traveling a far distance (danger to get there), to an island you know nothing about.  Once you get to the destination, there may be people that sink your ship whilst doing the map (especially if you are a solo with no one to defend the ship), or attack you on land whilst trying to get to the map.  Then of course some maps have to get thrown out due to location in people's bases or high up in a mountain. So on top of all this, if you get a good location for the high level map, with no one greifing you, the solo player may not have any tools to be able to do a high level map, not only due to the extra resistance for the AotD's, but due to this annoying despawning/respawnining at full health crap that occurs every 30 seconds.

So yes, I too would like to know what their rationale was in terms of giving the AotD's more resistance.

1 hour ago, EatEmAlive said:

I don't see the person you quoted (The Falcon) bitching at all.  He is trying to work out what their rationale was with the resistance buff the AotD's got.  He is right, all it does is stop solos from being able to do the high end maps.  Maps can already be treacherous for a number of reasons.  You might be traveling a far distance (danger to get there), to an island you know nothing about.  Once you get to the destination, there may be people that sink your ship whilst doing the map (especially if you are a solo with no one to defend the ship), or attack you on land whilst trying to get to the map.  Then of course some maps have to get thrown out due to location in people's bases or high up in a mountain. So on top of all this, if you get a good location for the high level map, with no one greifing you, the solo player may not have any tools to be able to do a high level map, not only due to the extra resistance for the AotD's, but due to this annoying despawning/respawnining at full health crap that occurs every 30 seconds.

So yes, I too would like to know what their rationale was in terms of giving the AotD's more resistance.

Hm. First of all I wasn’t talking about Falcon specific. I’m talking about the people on the discord and forums that say they’re “impossible” now. Secondly, the whole map scouting ‘in bases’ or on top of stuff. Leaving your boat behind is also the case before the buff. You might need to activate nature’s cry twice instead of once now - doesn’t change that situation by much. 

The whole fast disappearing of the warriors is a known bug and all you have to do is dismount your tame and it’s (kind of) fixed. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The whole fast disappearing of the warriors is a known bug and all you have to do is dismount your tame and it’s (kind of) fixed. 

Never tried that.  Does that mean as they are about to go into the ground you can dismount the tame and they stop despawning?  Can you please explain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

Never tried that.  Does that mean as they are about to go into the ground you can dismount the tame and they stop despawning?  Can you please explain.

When they go deep fast, just dismount your tame, hit the warrior with a sword or shoot it with a crossbow a few times (whilst your tame is attacking too) and then just hop on your tame and you can kill it 

• Like 1

I run the masterworks map solo with a single tame, i dont use any specific food or anything, but i do have a good tame. 

Tips for people with not so powerfull tames, use reduce damage taken food and drinks. Animals can use food as well, but not drinks

17 hours ago, Percieval said:

When they go deep fast, just dismount your tame, hit the warrior with a sword or shoot it with a crossbow a few times (whilst your tame is attacking too) and then just hop on your tame and you can kill it 

Thanks will give that a try.

• Like 1

Anyone know where I can hire people to up vote everything I type on here because I'm rich lonely and a creep?

4 hours ago, EatEmAlive said:

Thanks will give that a try.

If that doesn’t work then I don’t know what it is. With me it’s usually 1 warrior but if there are more it will just take a little bit longer. 

Edited by Percieval