The Falcon

Game items that make you go WTF?

Why is there a resource silo that is supposed to feed and pay NPC's but you can only put berries in it? 

NPC's eat more than berries.  I live on a island with very few berries.  This was not well thought out.

Why is the NPC assignment feature on ships look like it was designed by a first grader? 

To assign an NPC to any item you must be standing close to that item.  God forbid you put a cannon near a ballista or a sail.  It is a fricken nightmare to move them from one to the other.  I spent 10 minutes trying to get NPC to man the bow sail.  I also have two cannons at the bow, left and right.  I could not get the NPC to use the sail.  The only option I was given (no matter where I stood) was for it to man a cannon.  I deleted the cannon to solve that problem but the bigger question is why is NPC assignments so retarded?

Hide stacks of 200.

Loom inventory of 60.

Imbalanced ship parts loot between maps/whales/Kraken/Yeti. Uber drops from maps - e.g. ship cannons over 300% damage, medium gun ports over 250% durability and utter trash from the rest - low grade blue/green from Kraken 2 e.g.

Player shop limit to 100 000 gold in offers, but 75 slots only. If you sell something priced 100K, you will lose 25K upon sale.

Treasure maps locations.

Inadequate weather system - Storm, Fog and Cold front at same time. Heat waves in Polar, Cold fronts in Equatorial.

That list can go on and on...

Edited by DoubleHelix
  • Thanks 1

Here is a perfect example of some of the useless maps in this game.  Far too many of these.

level 4.3 map.  only worth 243 gold.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129132554/screenshots/

On top of a ledge you would have to build a very tall ramp to reach or fly there.  Either way it is not worth anyone's time.  Throw on the ground.  Move on.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198129132554/screenshots/

You’re making a fool out of yourself, you really do. The berry/silo thing I can get with if you don’t have berries on your island. But all the rest is just bitching for the sake of bitching in my opinion. I never had problems putting guys on sails, I just put them on lowest following and they will go on the sails - every time. As for the maps, I’m a map guy, I like doing them. The times a map spawns on top of a mountain (which shouldnt be that big of an issue?? As if they’re not allowed to) is probably 1/10. Wooow. 

23 hours ago, The Falcon said:

Why is there a resource silo that is supposed to feed and pay NPC's but you can only put berries in it? 

NPC's eat more than berries.  I live on a island with very few berries.  This was not well thought out.

Why is the NPC assignment feature on ships look like it was designed by a first grader? 

To assign an NPC to any item you must be standing close to that item.  God forbid you put a cannon near a ballista or a sail.  It is a fricken nightmare to move them from one to the other.  I spent 10 minutes trying to get NPC to man the bow sail.  I also have two cannons at the bow, left and right.  I could not get the NPC to use the sail.  The only option I was given (no matter where I stood) was for it to man a cannon.  I deleted the cannon to solve that problem but the bigger question is why is NPC assignments so retarded?

You can whistle them on to stations. Look at the mast, cannon whatever and hit ",". 

Comes in very handy with ass blasting ships. Just make sure you are not near any other company ships with crew not on stations unless set to ignore whistles.  Also, don't miss the station if tou have tames aboard. 

• Thanks 1

"," is evil, if you miss. Dont have barn nearby 🙂
There are many bugged map locations in the game, it is again a valid complain.

And as you can take the berries out of the silo, and they stack in one stack. How imbalanced would it be to make a huge stack of meat.

• Like 2

Okay Fan Boi.  Just because you have never had an issue is irrelevant.    There are many aspects of this game that are not written down  unless someone tells you about it, there is no other way to find out.  For instance, the next post talks about a whistle command to put NPC's on different items.  With all your supposed intellect, please point to the complete list of whistle commands.  The one in the options menu of the game is not a complete list.  See screenshot.  I avoid using whistles just because of the nightmare that can be created with the creatures running amok.  So thanks for playing and go be a fan boi in another thread.   The complaint about functionality is still valid.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2003553280

Regarding the Resource Silo, please explain the rationale for only accepting berries.  The food larder on the ship for the NPC's holds everything.  The resource silo was promoted (as I understand it) to "feed and pay" NPC's on your base and anchored ships.  How is it a valid replacement if it does not hold the same items and restricts to only berries?

1 hour ago, The Falcon said:

Okay Fan Boi.  Just because you have never had an issue is irrelevant.    There are many aspects of this game that are not written down  unless someone tells you about it, there is no other way to find out.  For instance, the next post talks about a whistle command to put NPC's on different items.  With all your supposed intellect, please point to the complete list of whistle commands.  The one in the options menu of the game is not a complete list.  See screenshot.  I avoid using whistles just because of the nightmare that can be created with the creatures running amok.  So thanks for playing and go be a fan boi in another thread.   The complaint about functionality is still valid.

Regarding the Resource Silo, please explain the rationale for only accepting berries.  The food larder on the ship for the NPC's holds everything.  The resource silo was promoted (as I understand it) to "feed and pay" NPC's on your base and anchored ships.  How is it a valid replacement if it does not hold the same items and restricts to only berries?

He gave you a good suggestion that pretty much everyone uses. No need to be a dick about it. 

On 2/18/2020 at 2:01 AM, Percieval said:

You’re making a fool out of yourself, you really do. The berry/silo thing I can get with if you don’t have berries on your island.

I live in polar, no berries at all. But i only have to go 1 zone to hit tundra, fill a crate up with berries, and bam. Crew fed for weeks. It's only an issue if you are trying to play atlas without a boat

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

Lets not forget buried sunken treasure, animals flying off the ships and my personal favorite, maps being spawned inside your base by other players while you're not present to deal with it.

the grill. especially the irrigated one.
so you have 3 reservoirs connected to your grill for whatever reason. but when it comes to cooking in bulk it still behaves as if there's only a flask of water in it.
max amount of dishes or colors cooked at a time is THREE. yes, it replenishes after a few seconds but even though it gives you the max amount of 3 again you only can cook TWO.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:46 PM, The Falcon said:

Stack size and decay timer on the silo would make all other food storage solutions obsolete, on land anyway.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Ucan_Kizmiaz said:

the grill. especially the irrigated one.
so you have 3 reservoirs connected to your grill for whatever reason. but when it comes to cooking in bulk it still behaves as if there's only a flask of water in it.
max amount of dishes or colors cooked at a time is THREE. yes, it replenishes after a few seconds but even though it gives you the max amount of 3 again you only can cook TWO.

lol how do you even get the thing to be connected to water I have like 10 pipes coming out of mine and none of them work 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:46 PM, The Falcon said:

You're a right jack ass, aren't ya? I could have given you more help but, meh..

On 2/26/2020 at 4:57 PM, Acemac said:

lol how do you even get the thing to be connected to water I have like 10 pipes coming out of mine and none of them work 

it's a pita to be honest. if i recall correctly you can't place the grill first and start irrigation from there - which would be a smart thing to do imho.
so you gotta place a ceiling about 2 layers high above where you want to place the grill. a water reservoir goes on top of that ceiling and then you run pipes from there to where your grill is supposed to go. it's tricky as it only snaps in a certain direction even though it shows you the green shade in multiple positions. once you got it connected run pipes where you want your reservoir(s) to be at and place them. time to reomve the temporary reservoir and ceiling if not needed any longer

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
added typos for free use

Haven't gotten into the cooking/farming aspect, so don't know if this is a workaround to the water to the grill deal. Have tried to irrigate a grill before, and it is a pain, specially if the reservoir is quite a distance away, trying to run the damn pipes is a pain, and looks ridiculous when you are done. Fortunately, you don't get clipped by the pipes, but still looks bad. Only wanted the irrigated grill to make paints easier, since I pretty much paint everything. Well, when I finally got it irrigated, I found that its not a constant flow, so you could only make like 15 paints at a time, then had to wait for the refill. My workaround to this was to make 10 water jars, fill them up, place them in the grill, then can make 100 paints at a time.

I haven't tried to cook any recipes in nearly a year.  Do they actually work now?  They were broken (or so people thought) for so long nor does (did) anyone seemed to know what each one was supposed to do or if they worked at all.

13 hours ago, Slash78 said:

I haven't tried to cook any recipes in nearly a year.  Do they actually work now?  They were broken (or so people thought) for so long nor does (did) anyone seemed to know what each one was supposed to do or if they worked at all.

Not all of them buff; by design.

36 minutes ago, PeglegTheAngry said:

Not all of them buff; by design.

Not talking about buffs, I'm talking about them giving more than one vitamin, or being "filling" when that's in the description.