Sign in to follow this  
Milos

Suggestion for a new claim system

The current claim system is in my oppinion very bad. Allowing people to build on your territory has pretty much made it a nessecity for people to completely cancer spam their islands in an attempt to prevent people from fobbing up. This causes huge ammounts of lag in grids where larger companies decide to set up, and makes playing in those grids near impossible. This, and the fact that claming an island has become almost impossible due to the fact that people just put their flag on their main on a spot unreachable by tames, surrounded with the now way too strong puckles due to one of the recent patches and 200 beds placed in one by ones in a huge honeycomed box, makes this claim system very frustrating, unfun and is the cause of a big part of the lag we are all experiencing sailing through grids.

Back in season one, when someone claimed one of your flags, all the structures that were in the radius of that flag were transered to the company that now claimed/owns it. This made it so people had to be carefull about where they decided to build important structures, because at any time, they could be stolen and in enemy hands, giving them a free fob, so naturally, there was a LOT less spam, and thus less lagg. 

One of the biggest issues people had with the previous claim system, was that the flags could be declaimed super fast and at any time (no peacetimers), causing people to lose their islands in hours in the middle of the night without beeing able to do anything against it. Also, placing flags was completely free, so the ''zerg" companies could just endlessly keep spamming flags all over peoples islands, which was pretty annoying.

I therefore propose a new claim system, more similar to the claim system we had in season 1, but with the benefits of the system we have now:

• No more "1 flag claims the island" stuff. Go back to the multiple flags like it was in season 1
  • If you menage to unclaim an enemy flag and claim that area yourself, the structures will now also belong to you. (whoever owns the teritory owns the structures in that teritory)
  • Placing a flag will cost you gold, ammount to be decided, but say it would cost 150 gold per flag. This would prevent people from endlessly spamming flags when they attack your island, unless they bring a good ammount of gold. This gold would have to be stored somewhere, kept safe, farmed etc etc, and therefore there most likely wont be situations where people will spend hours spamming flags all over your island.
  • We should get rid of the upkeep cost, its just annoying. One time cost for placing a flag.
  • Each flag takes say 45 minutes to claim/declaim, DONT make this dependent on company size, just have a set timer the same for everyone.
  • Whichever company has the most flags down on an island, controls the peacetimer on that island (all flags on an island will all be set to that companies peace timer). This will prevent the situation where you take a flag on an enemy island and your companies timer is opposite of theirs, which would allow you to mortar enemy teritory while beeing in peacephase yourself.
  • Not sure if there should be a limit on how many flags a company can place. I would think there should be a limit, maybe based on the size of the company, but if there wouldnt be a limit, this system has the oppertunity to create some sort or endgame goal like who owns the most teritory. I think this would be especially fun when you guys "merge" (read, remove either EU or NA cluster, would save u money aswell) the EU and NA pvp clusters and there would be a healty playerbase.

I think a system like this would seriously reduce spam in islands, thus reducing lagg, and it would make the claim system much more fun for anyone trying to claim an island. You would have to put some thought into where u build and where u claim, and attackers can feel like they have an actual chance of taking over islands by playing smart and actually having some options other than braindead clearing honeycomb and contesting against nakeds hiding in bushes, if they even menage to get a flag down in the first place.

Edited by Milos

6 hours ago, Alasson said:

Season 1 flags spam? No pls.

did you actually read my suggestion or just comment without thinking after reading "similar to season 1"?

On 2/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, Milos said:

did you actually read my suggestion or just comment without thinking after reading "similar to season 1"?

"""No more "1 flag claims the island" stuff. Go back to the multiple flags like it was in season 1

Each flag takes say 45 minutes to claim/declaim"""

that's not similar to season 1, this is season 1

if you think that placing upkeep on flags will stop his spamming you are really wrong.

if you go afk for more than 45 min you can lost your island. Small company cannot defend Vs serging companies who spam declaiming flags, etc

Edited by Alasson

On 2/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, Alasson said:

"""No more "1 flag claims the island" stuff. Go back to the multiple flags like it was in season 1

Each flag takes say 45 minutes to claim/declaim"""

that's not similar to season 1, this is season 1

if you think that placing upkeep on flags will stop his spamming you are really wrong.

if you go afk for more than 45 min you can lost your island. Small company cannot defend Vs serging companies who spam declaiming flags, etc

so youre telling me, that if a small company went afk for 1 hour now, i wont be able to take their entire island? with this new system i could only take their whole island if i take over all of their flags, in this system i only have to take over 1. Make the declaim time same as it is now i dont give a shit, all i know is that this current claim system ruins land pvp

Edited by Milos

5 hours ago, Milos said:

so youre telling me, that if a small company went afk for 1 hour now, i wont be able to take their entire island? with this new system i could only take their whole island if i take over all of their flags, in this system i only have to take over 1. Make the declaim time same as it is now i dont give a shit, all i know is that this current claim system ruins land pvp

now you just need 1 sleeping guy to contest the flag.
Old system u need 1 player for each flag to secure all your island