PackerFan926

Abandoned Ship

A former ally parked a boat down the shore from our base before we got to build down there. At the time, this was not much of a bother because we assumed he would come back online at some point and move it. Eventually we got to the point where we could no longer continue construction of our port because his ship is in the way. We removed him from the alliance but we know of no way currently in which we can remove his ship. We don't know exactly how long we have waited for this ship to disappear, but we estimate 4-5 weeks. Any help/suggestions on how to remove the ship would be appreciated. Thank you. 

A ship disappears after 2 weeks of the owner not coming online, BUT, that timer resets if anyone stands on top of the ship. So the 4-5 weeks shows that someone has been on the ship (maybe you guys). 

• Like 1

I had this same problem before the wipe many months ago, 2 galleons left outside and was unable to build. I thought it was 14 days or it was at the time but 14 days passed and they were still there.

I'm still not sure those timers work correctly on ships because they had a cow under deck that I had access to and the timer did not reset on it which suggested they had not logged in.

It was 4 weeks before they both vanished but unfortunately there is nothing you can do apart from wait it out. Just to mention, you must either step foot on a ship or interact with it in some way, I know this because I just had a galleon vanish (don't play now) and I never stepped foot on it.

Back in the day when the game first released, the easy way to get rid of it was to overweigh the ship which was wrong but used as a last resort. You can't do this anymore though, it was patched a long time ago. I still think they should allow people to claim ships when a timer runs down.

Unfortunately for you, you're stuck with it I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

I had this same problem before the wipe many months ago, 2 galleons left outside and was unable to build. I thought it was 14 days or it was at the time but 14 days passed and they were still there.

I'm still not sure those timers work correctly on ships because they had a cow under deck that I had access to and the timer did not reset on it which suggested they had not logged in.

It was 4 weeks before they both vanished but unfortunately there is nothing you can do apart from wait it out. Just to mention, you must either step foot on a ship or interact with it in some way, I know this because I just had a galleon vanish (don't play now) and I never stepped foot on it.

Back in the day when the game first released, the easy way to get rid of it was to overweigh the ship which was wrong but used as a last resort. You can't do this anymore though, it was patched a long time ago. I still think they should allow people to claim ships when a timer runs down.

Unfortunately for you, you're stuck with it I'm afraid.

Like I said, if you went on the ship and checked the cow that means you have reset the timer of the ship and crew. So that’s the reason it stayed for so long. 

• Like 1

Play pvp, or deal with it. PVE is not designed to be played in the way that you would like it to be. From my experience it appears that PVE is just PVP minus the PVP. The only way to remove a ship is to blow it up, which is PVP. Have you tried PVP?

I played PVE and had ships stay for weeks or whatever the timer is, and I also had ships stay for months. It's the same as your own ships disappearing, spaghetti code is the reason for this I am guessing. This happened a short time before the wipe, so there was very low chance of someone happening to bother to jump on a ship everyday, when server counts are 1 or 2 at best.

2 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Just to mention, you must either step foot on a ship or interact with it in some way, I know this because I just had a galleon vanish (don't play now) and I never stepped foot on it.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Like I said, if you went on the ship and checked the cow that means you have reset the timer of the ship and crew. So that’s the reason it stayed for so long. 

The cow was accessed, does that mean it was claimed?

edit: I think I would like to know how many people thought this thread was going to involve this website and the 'roadmap'. Anyone else find it funny that the plan is called a roadmap, for a game about sailing, where a major complaint is that your stuck on the land raising cows and bears, fighting to take over island fortresses that have been made by farming the land, and we can't even build roads to advance our farming?

Edited by eeeceee

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Yes but the timers shouldn't be reset from other players, if you have nothing to do with the company that made the ship or ally then it should not reset. 

4 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Play pvp, or deal with it. PVE is not designed to be played in the way that you would like it to be. From my experience it appears that PVE is just PVP minus the PVP. The only way to remove a ship is to blow it up, which is PVP. Have you tried PVP?

I played PVE and had ships stay for weeks or whatever the timer is, and I also had ships stay for months. It's the same as your own ships disappearing, spaghetti code is the reason for this I am guessing. This happened a short time before the wipe, so there was very low chance of someone happening to bother to jump on a ship everyday, when server counts are 1 or 2 at best.

*correction: accessed the cow

If I want to play PvP I will play PvP, I don't, simple as that. At the moment I don't play any and it will stay that way unless the game turns around.

Many people have dealt with it, that's why they have left the game months ago, it has failed to live up to the hype.

Yep, they shouldn't reset. I think it's the same as when claiming an island, and some bob just wanders in, only to stop your claim.

I stopped playing PVE once I did all the content by myself. To maintain healthy population of this game, I think both game modes need to viable. I was trying to say that the devs only seem focused on placating the single player / pve crowd, and will only put effort into the PVP mode. That would require playing the game, and the devs probably don't have time for it.

41 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Yes but the timers shouldn't be reset from other players, if you have nothing to do with the company that made the ship or ally then it should not reset. 

Yes, it shouldn’t, but it does. Grapeshot Games... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Acemac said:

what do you even do in this game in a PVE world? 

pretend you're having fun.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 10:02 PM, Acemac said:

what do you even do in this game in a PVE world? 

You relax,

Play at a pace you want to play.

Do discovery points in a boat, (hard consept to understand, I know, but a few like myself enjoy it).

Tame and breed your animals yourself.

make a good looking home and dock, that is actualy a pleasure to reside in.

Discover for yourself the best places to gather each of the resources, and then gathering it yourself at your leasure.

Make good looking but practical ships for traveling, hauling, hunting SotD with the knowledge they will still be there tomorrow.

Someday i'll do the powerstones, but i'm in no hurry, this is a huge game and i've time to burn.