Nlaenu

Is this how pvp is or was something more going on ?

I'm playing with a bunch of friends on the EU pvp server, and we are having fun. 

We settled in a lawless zone, the pvp has been decent, we win and we lose, part of the game.

But a couple nights ago, we got raided and this was just not fun at all.

We could do nothing, not even put on any kind resist.

We couldn't damage them or its was so little they didn't bother, they did one hit kill, didn't matter if you were wearing armor or not.

Our poor tames (multiple bears of lvl 40+) died in flock like i'm hitting a chicken. 

Stone walls got destroyed in matter of seconds, almost instantly, without any explosions... and for fun, they placed explosion barrels inside our base, on our foundations.

It this all end game stuff being used to a bunch of newbies ? 

sounds like the attackers used grog and/or pudding... grog increases melee damage and reduces incoming damage... you can stack them up to 4 times if you have the grog skill line. pudding also reduces incoming damage. also sounds like they were wearing upgraded gear... a good ol' fashioned lawless roflstomp. 

Well, Grapeshot Studios and Studio Wildcard really hate people with a social life and a job,

They love 24/7 pro gamers who build gangbanggangs, as large as possible, 1000+ preferred.

They absolutely hate people defending their assets and they really love offline raiding trolls.

Thats why your walls are made of paper and break after a few shots. Thats why NPC defences are a joke and will be taken down by the next cannon bear... or the next naked raft sailor.

Possibly your raiders used grenades, their damage had been buffed and now they are OP, requiring zero skill.

I've always thought that someone in the dev driving seat is either an ardent table top gamer or a massive fan of Risk, tbh.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:36 AM, Nlaenu said:

I'm playing with a bunch of friends on the EU pvp server, and we are having fun. 

I am sorry that you didn't understand the game better. Its not your fault, the design is questionable for sure, and not spelled out anywhere.

Its counter intuitive. You are SUPPOSED to raid people offline. The actual fighting mechanics are not great, barely even thought out yet. However, weapon mechanics do work fairly suitably. Therefore the intent was to emphasize the good and downplay the bad parts of the game.

So, the mechanics obviously encourage offline raiding. It yields the best results with the least amount of effort. You should spend a decent amount of time raiding everyone else you see on your islands and those near you. Grenades are in right now, inexplicably boosted when it wasn't even needed. Just broken atm. 

You should be hiding important stuff in underwater vaults. At least its harder to find and harder to break into.

Your land base should be hard to reach, hidden, vastly layered and empty. Preferably out of cannon bear range. Let someone spend hours of gathering and building for no gain. The natives do this a few times and they will stop wasting resources for no gain, maybe. The Chinese don't get this concept, but you know, stupid Chinese people always be like "[] [] []".

Ships are one time use. I usually keep mine un-assembled, and build one per use. Ill try to give it away before I log off. Someone will come by and sink it while I'm at work anyways, 100% of the time. Even though there's nothing on it and its not locked.

If you have a small group of actives, you could find an island to claim. Although I prefer lawless myself, there are advantages to holding an island.

-CS