Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

Ship Sails, why so slow!

Hello Everyone,

I think the game devs should rethink the whole speed sail idea. Having different sail types is a great idea but i don't think they should impact speed.

Right now we have Speed sails, handling sails and weight sails. Weight sails are never used and handling are super strong when you get +20% acceleration. Because for some strange reason that makes them as fast as speed sails. This makes it so people who lives in the game an farm a lot can have a clear ship superiority when fighting. Great for crushing the hopes and dreams of new people in the game but not a great game mechanic for interesting gameplay!

I would like to suggest trowing the speed sails in the bin. Make all sail types have the same top speed and replace the current speed sail with an acceleration sail. You can keep the look of the speed sail just rename it to acceleration sail. Then remove the acceleration stat form the handling sail. Handling would still give better handling for your ship and give you the better wind angle.

This should make the different sail types viable and you can then easily make more interesting sail types. You could make an "armored sail" that again has the same top speed as the other sails but has more hp and is more resistant to sail damage. This make it different but still something you can use if you want and all the sail types are now something that can be changed to your play style and type of ship you like.

Just a note: Weight sails would also benefit form a change to the stat it gives to weight, consider giving it a % bonus to weight. If it has the same top speed as the rest of the sails then they will finally be used. Maybe even in some heavy combat ships or large fortress like ships 😉 They would be bad a turning and accelerate like a brick but could be fun 😄

What do people think about this idea of making all sail types have the same max speed? Do you have some interesting ideas for new sail types you could make for the game?
Give me your opinion and like this post if you think this might be a better way of having the sails work in the game.

Please remember, i am writing this to help improve the game not to hurt anyone feelings.

Best regard
FightzGamer

• Like 2

Certainly better than whats implimented at the moment, so thumbs up from me.

If you add that sail points be directly proportional to sail ability, lower sail points per ship and up sail stats to balance.

With your suggestions & the above, you would suddenly see a mirriad of differing sail sizes and configurations, rather than the 'all large speed sails' or the 'all large handling sails' for those that have found a good BP. 

• Like 1