Jean Lafitte

So much for the road map.

Went out with my bear yesterday.  Granted, it's a shitty lvl 55 cargo bear but hey,  the map was only a 3.3... easy right?

aotd bear damage = 17

Ok, screw that. I got two pistols. I'll end this shit right now... boom... boom.

aotd pistol damage (head shot) = 6

Well, that's good news. Now I can spec out of taming since I won't need a bear to sail around and do pointless maps with. And I can spec out of pistols because I only need a bow to kill the wolves around me.  And, I won't have to waste skill points on crazy stuff like swords, or armor.  Cool!

Ok, so... to hell with maps, I'll go kill sotd. Whipped out he brig, spent an hour and a half sailing around.  Killed 2 low level brigs and a low level galleon.  Spent like 100 cannon balls and another hour repairing the brig (roof armor which npc's, who I'm PAYING, refuse to fix)  My rewards?

39g, 19 large cannon balls (useless since large cannons are gunport only), 16 liquid flame (useless in pve), a common ballista and 9 ballista bolts.  Oh, and a common ballista blueprint (Yipee!)

Was that a hint for me to do whales?  Naa. Can't be.  In that hour and a half sailing around I didn't see a single one.  Surely not.

Ok, so remind me again, what was this grand plan about me spending more time at sea and less on land?  I forget.

Oh wait, I remember.  That massive adrenaline rush I get from doing both of the 3.0 sunken treasure (the only 2 the sextant buffed showed in all that sailing around) which paid more than either the map or the sotd (barely)!  And that's with me only getting to do one because after I dived on the second one I found the entrance to the chest buried under dirt.  But hey, I still got 56g off the first one. Yea baby!  Filthy rich.  105 more days like this and I can afford to change the name on my ship! 

Whew!  I still have a reason to play the game.  I'm so glad I came back to Atlas.  

(For those unfamiliar with me or my methods, this is NOT optimism. It's fucking sarcasm.)

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

The honeymoon period for this game was well and truly over months ago, they've let alot of people leave because of their mistakes. They have favoured the big streamers over the smaller groups or solo players. They talk to the big streamers all the time on what is going on in Discord but the rest of us are kept in the dark.

I kept playing hoping things would pick up or change for the better, it didn't, more people have left including xbox players which was a cash grab to start with. After 1800hrs I myself gave up, there is no hope for it anymore unless there is a huge turnaround like No Man Sky. 

Why they had SOTD in a pirate game I will never know, if they were going to have ships why didn't they put the ships that we already build and man them with NPC to control like they do with SOTD? Let us board those ships and take the loot, like the pirate game it should be.

They really haven't thought this through, I'd be happy to live off the ships and do away with most of the land building. Until they start listening the game has no chance, it will keep the big streamers happy though on PvP.

At least New World is just around the corner which has PvE, I'm looking forward to that now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

At least New World is just around the corner which has PvE, I'm looking forward to that now.

that was funny, watching a new to gaming company finding what toxic asshats are attracted to open world PVP, and going "NOPE"